Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 4:10:57 PM EDT
I have my ensemble II rx built but I get some horrible results - no signal, basically just a boatload of noise (and I think that noise is 60hz hum from the 12v PS).  Bright orange @ the center of the display with a few 'humps' for lack of a better term located up and down the frequency range.  I get this with both the line in and the USB sound card that I bought.

Besides a battery, does anyone have a good idea about where I can get a cheap/short lived 12V power source?  Only because I'm trying to troubleshoot and don't want to spend where I don't have to.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
A regulated 12 Volt wall wart with a transformer should work if you have one.  You could also just connect it to your car battery to test.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
This a total guess so please do more research before buying.  

I needed one of these upconverters to make me Nooelec SDR work.  When I turn it off, I get exactly what your describing.  

https://www.nooelec.com/store/sdr.html
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same issue, try getting one of these:
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1312

It only draws somewhere around [email protected] when transmitting, so you don't really need a big one, you can even run it off 8x AA batteries for a week, lol.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:02:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the same issue, try getting one of these:
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1312

It only draws somewhere around [email protected] when transmitting, so you don't really need a big one, you can even run it off 8x AA batteries for a week, lol.

View Quote

I grabbed 2 6V lantern batteries, same exact issue - see picture
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#5]
You might need to contact Tony Parks at Five Dash Inc. for help troubleshooting your kit.

You might have done something wrong during assembly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might need to contact Tony Parks at Five Dash Inc. for help troubleshooting your kit.

You might have done something wrong during assembly.
View Quote

Yeah, it seems I've screwed something up somewhere.  I've posted pictures all over the softrock yahoo group and it's not jogging anyones memories, so .....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top