Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2014 8:05:59 AM EDT
I started out using QRZ.com's log, but I've gotten exactly two (2) confirmations for my first forty contacts.  I see a lot of people using LoTW and I've applied there.  Is there one place that is the "standard" for most people?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I started out using QRZ.com's log, but I've gotten exactly two (2) confirmations for my first forty contacts.  I see a lot of people using LoTW and I've applied there.  Is there one place that is the "standard" for most people?
View Quote

What I do is use the free version of HRD to log then just upload the logs.
I upload to LoTW fairly often.
I send them to eQSL once in awhile.
Just signed up for ClubLog today to try out their OQRS.
Another one that some people use is HRDLog, but I can't comment on that one as I have never used it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Logger32 (google it) is free and does LOTW.
HRD is free as long as you don't want support, and does LOTW

Personally, I bought a copy of HRD because it interfaces with my rigs, rotors, does satellite tracking, digital comms, QSL tracking ... (haven't checked if it will make dinner for me yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did)
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I now use HamLog for ipad/iphone.

I stopped using the QRZ log when I discovered you can't export contacts unless you pay.

Which is OK.

But it struck me as a bit underhanded to allow INput without specifying that output requires payment.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I use N3FPJ Amateur Contact Log for my main logging program. It cost $24.95 and once properly set up it will upload your contacts to LoTW without a hitch.

It has a built in DX Cluster to see where the DX is and will interface with your radio, so your frequency and mode is automatically entered as you input the other stations call sign.

It has a number of other cool features, but I like it best because you pay once and it is supported and updated forever.

N3FJP Amateur Contact Log

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
I use QRZ, as I like to verify that I have the call sign correct before contacting them (and I want to know where they are).

Then I just download from QRZ and up-load to LoTW (yes, you must  be a QRZ member, but for ease of use it is worth it to me).

LoTW seems as if it is the worse program I have ever seen, not friendly, not very interesting, and gives so little, but so many use it that I guess for confirmations (which I am not sure why I can, as I know I contacted them and I am not contesting?).

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use QRZ, as I like to verify that I have the call sign correct before contacting them (and I want to know where they are).
Then I just download from QRZ and up-load to LoTW (yes, you must  be a QRZ member, but for ease of use it is worth it to me).
LoTW seems as if it is the worse program I have ever seen, not friendly, not very interesting, and gives so little, but so many use it that I guess for confirmations (which I am not sure why I can, as I know I contacted them and I am not contesting?).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoTW is not a logbook in a true sense, as its only good for keeping track of awards through the ARRL. Unlike a real logbook you can't do much with the data you input. You can't edit your contact once its uploaded and you can only see your confirmations once the other person uploads his log. The "double blind" logging makes it so guys can't cheat and get credit for contacts they didn't make like eQSL does.

Most of the problems that people have with LoTW is understanding the directions with the initial setup. Once you find a logging program that will use TQSL and digitally sign and upload your logbook ADIF files, your experience will be much better.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Ham Radio Deluxe.

It does pretty much everything. It's connected to my rig so it automatically puts the freq, mode, time, etc.. into the log and looks up the callsign and adds all of the info from QRZ.com. It automatically uploads your QSO's to HRDLOG and eQSL and you can select the QSO's you want to upload to LOTW with just a couple of clicks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I also use HAM RADIO DELUXE

I think you can still find the free-ware version.

here....

http://www.amateurlogic.tv/MISC/HRD/HRD_Archives.htm
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Many thanks to all.  I've got some thinking to do.  I figure that I only have 40 QSOs, so hand entering them into a new log shouldn't be too hard.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#10]
N3FJP. Years ago I bought the entire package. When I do contests it is set up for that contest with just what you need and nothing else, no thinking how do I put that exchange in my log. I lost the file with my serial numbers and I emailed the guy. Less than an hour later he emailed me back with all my serials. Also when I changed my callsign he had the new serials back in about two hours.

He gives free updates for all of his software. Even with a major upgrade it is covered.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Log4OM, if you can think of anything you would like a logging program to do, this will do it.

And it's free.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm really liking DX Keeper
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I use N3FPJ Amateur Contact Log for my main logging program. It cost $24.95 and once properly set up it will upload your contacts to LoTW without a hitch.

It has a built in DX Cluster to see where the DX is and will interface with your radio, so your frequency and mode is automatically entered as you input the other stations call sign.

It has a number of other cool features, but I like it best because you pay once and it is supported and updated forever.

N3FJP Amateur Contact Log

View Quote

I use this one

He did a re write and made it even better

great program for a great price

Top Top