Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 10:50:29 PM EDT
So I'm finally dedicating myself to buying everything I need for a tackle box. I was recently gifted a pretty big one.

It's got 2 layers and has 19 to 46 adjustable compartments. I was also given 3 different sized hooks, fluorescent beads, and 2 different kinds of weights.

So I'd like some suggestions on what to buy for my tackle box for salt water and fresh water fishing.

And if you're going to give me suggestions on lures, could you please inform me what will bite on it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Saltwater (redfish/speckled trout)
Paul brown corkies, I use Texas chicken, red/white, and plum chartreuse. Color depends on water conditions,
http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/paul-brown-s-original-series-corky-3-5-8-suspending-jerk-bait/pid-18023
Chicken boy is my go to soft plastic. I really like the new bubba cluckers but any are great, use their jig heads the offer too
http://shop.chickenboylures.com
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are going to be fishing for catfish, get some circle hooks and some kahles. 4/0-6/0 for the eater size and 8/0-10/0 for monsters catch and release. Also some flat bank weights from 2oz to 4oz depending on the water current. For bait... liver, stink bait, cut bait and others depending on species.

For LMB, I have been lucky with either the KVD Creature plastic or the Strike King river bug version in watermelon red flake. Pair that TX rigged with a bullet weight and a 2/0 wide gap hook and you'll be good.

Panfish and Crappie, get an assortment of jig heads in 1/8 and 1/16oz and experiment with some plastic body colors (electric chicken, bright chartreuse, etc). Or go old school and use minnows.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:01:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep separate boxes, or at least separate trays for salt and fresh.  It'll save you cash.  Remember to rinse your stuff.

What species are you targeting and where?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The last few years I have been using the tackle bags I guess you can call them, you can usually fit 3 or 4 of the plastic organizers in them as well as pockets on the sides and in the front for odds and ends, whenever I go out I just swap the organizers in and out to fit whatever situation/species I might encounter. It seems easier than packing along a big heavy single box stuffed with everything you might own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top