Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 5:56:50 PM EDT
As gun guy, I know Gander Mountains guns and ammo prices are outrageous.  

How are there fishing gear prices?  

We don't have a Cabala's or Bass Pro near here.

ETA:  My daughter (10 year old) has drug me fishing.  We were using two 30 year old Zebco 200's and some cheap spinning reel I took from my BIL.  

Bought new stuff from Cabala's.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#1]
they have a bad selection, prices so so depending on how badly you need it otherwise online is better since no where stocks the paint jobs I want.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a good online retailer, besides the Cabala's and Bass Pro?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought this the day of the grand opening here in Pensacola.

After seeing the ammo prices, I went straight to one of the managers and asked him if they drug tested their workers.

He said yes, why?

I said, because you have to be smoking crack to come up with these prices.  Then I left.

On the way out I figured out why they were called "Gander" Mountain.

The answer is plain and simple.  You go in there to gander, not buy.

I did recently find out that they price match which is a good thing as Academy is way cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought these from Cabalas.   Free rod and reel shipping with this code. 44RODS

1 of 13-4925 PFLUEGER LADY TRION SPINCAST COMBO TRISCL566ML2CBO @ $39.99 each
In stock-Approx delivery Tue 4/29
1 of 11-9156 PFLUEGER TRION GX-7 SPINNING COMBO PFLTRIONGX66CBO @ $49.88 each
In stock-Approx delivery Tue 4/29
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought this the day of the grand opening here in Pensacola.

After seeing the ammo prices, I went straight to one of the managers and asked him if they drug tested their workers.

He said yes, why?

I said, because you have to be smoking crack to come up with these prices.  Then I left.

On the way out I figured out why they were called "Gander" Mountain.

The answer is plain and simple.  You go in there to gander, not buy.

I did recently find out that they price match which is a good thing as Academy is way cheaper.
View Quote

This

$60 boxes of Winchester .45 when you can get them at Walmart for $44
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget to look on Amazon. If there's a brand or selection that's missing, post it up. I know the buyer and they can work on trying to get it on the site direct.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a Gander just a couple miles down the road from me, the fishing tackle is reasonably priced...the guns on the other hand is outrageous.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Tackle Warehouse is an online retailer.  The best for everything fishing related.  I have pretty much evolved into only buying from them just because they just simply get it right.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tackle Warehouse is an online retailer.  The best for everything fishing related.  I have pretty much evolved into only buying from them just because they just simply get it right.
View Quote

This.

Also they do reviews.  I'll admit to being a Shimano gear whore and loving St. Croix and Falcon, but their reviews are never wrong.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Some results from my daughter's new Pflueger reel,

Link Posted: 5/17/2014 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice!
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Nothing better than that right there, My Son and I went out the other night and he got into them pretty good, nothing huge mostly 11-13" LM but it was just one after the other, I can have just as much fun watching him catch.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#14]
How is the trion holding up? I stood in BPS for 30 min yesterday looking at them but just couldn't make my mind up
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How is the trion holding up? I stood in BPS for 30 min yesterday looking at them but just couldn't make my mind up
View Quote

I am by no means a fishing gear expert, but it seems well made to me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Pretty complicated tackle for freshwater. Is that a triple drop?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top