Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2013 8:56:38 AM EDT
Anyone use this?  Thinking of picking up 20lb for a Revo spinning reel.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
eerrrr murrr gerds.  I guess I'm the only one that uses Spiderwire!  Aww well more for me I guess
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:13:27 AM EDT
[#2]
i like Power Pro braid better. its rounder and casts better i think. SW gets flat
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not a huge fan of braid.. its got alot of advantages over mono, but I had a bad experience getting hook releasing a 25 lb king salmon and almost getting dragged down river.. Luckily my buddy was able to get his knife out in time to cut it before I went under...
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of people seem to love Sufix 832.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not a huge fan of braid.. its got alot of advantages over mono, but I had a bad experience getting hook releasing a 25 lb king salmon and almost getting dragged down river.. Luckily my buddy was able to get his knife out in time to cut it before I went under...
View Quote

This is a story I need to hear
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fishing up in Salmon River NY 2008 up near the trestle on the Altmar  side ---  By the time the salmon are that high up in the river they have usually been snagged and have a few hooks in them and line trailing off.. This particular Hen that I brought to shore had a whole mess of hooks and line trailing from her. I removed my hook and was in the process of trying to revive her, I had her by the tail with my left hand and with my right hand I was working on removing another hook from her back with my forceps. When I tugged the hook out of her back she flicked her tail and a hook tied to some powerbraid / spiderwire that was somehow tangled with another attached to her caught me in the palm side on my pointer finger second knuckle down.. I leg go out reflex because of the pain and she proceeded to try to make haste down river at MACH 3 with me attached by the finger.. I was holding on to a rock with my right hand legs pointing upstream as I was being dragged down stream by my left pointer finger... My buddy tried to cut the line with his dikes but because it was braid it didnt cut. He had to pull out the filet knife from his backpack and cut it.... Because of that I will never use braid ever again when fishing for large game fish..
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Power Pro. I did away with all spiderwire.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I use power braid, spiderwire and stren . I have some spiderwire stealth that's been on a reel for a few years and have no real complaints other than it doesn't cast as smooth or far but I did catch a 8lbs gar with it with out setting the hook (line snaggled in its teeth 50lbs test braid). my one complaint is spiderwire ez-cast I threw all that stuff out its not even really braid at first it is great when its new and casts a mile but soon flattens out and frays pretty bad.i haven't tried the zilla but im interested as it has stretch properties to it. spiderwire mono is pretty good stuff too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
eerrrr murrr gerds.  I guess I'm the only one that uses Spiderwire!  Aww well more for me I guess
View Quote

It is fine. Has slightly more memory than power pro. I stepped away from most braid and super lines going back to mono with a fluorocarbon leader.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I have gone away from Spiderwire and use Power Pro now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top