Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2014 1:02:13 PM EDT
Just finished up this amazing podcast.  It has been going on for a couple of years now and has gotten progressively better.   Sound effects and voices are on point and was well produced.

We're Alive

From the website:
For Army Reserve Soldier Michael Cross, the world as he knew it ended in an instant. One minute, he’s in college, and in the next, rioters are roaming the highway around him, breaking into cars, and literally tearing people apart. This is the day the dead walk. This is the world of We’re Alive.

We’re Alive: Features chapters packing performances and sound effects that rival movies and prove that modern audio drama is undead and well. Join our survivors as they band together, struggle to fortify a safe haven known as the Tower, and discovers that zombies are far from the worst thing in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles where the rules of human decency no longer apply.

Little food. Little water. Little hope. Who is lucky enough to say “We’re Alive?”
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I did a thread on this a while back and it didn't get much response....

I thought it was great and I've been trying to find another audio drama just as good, but can't. It started out a bit "eh" but turned out pretty good! I'm looking forward to some of their new projects that are supposed to tell some side stories from We're Alive.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
great pod cast I got so hooked on it when I try to find others I compare it to we're alive and get disappointed
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]
From their last post it looks like they are going to do a another series called Tales from We’re Alive.  It will cover some of the side stories from within the series.  Judging from the success they had I"m sure they will do another series.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:00:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck I haven't listened to that in years... I need to finish it!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck I haven't listened to that in years... I need to finish it!
View Quote

+1

I had totally forgotten about this podcast for at least a year.  Thanks for the reminder.  This is by far the coolest audio "book" that I've ever listened to.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 2:53:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Love it, only a few away from the end.

If yall find anything comparable let me know.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Love it, only a few away from the end.

If yall find anything comparable let me know.
View Quote

I've also been looking
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Give these guys a shot:  The Leviathan Chronicles.  Sort of sci-fi.  Great sound effects and voices.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Give these guys a shot:  The Leviathan Chronicles.  Sort of sci-fi.  Great sound effects and voices.
View Quote

Thanks! I'll check it out Monday at work. (Usually where I listen to them while working)
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Started listening to this, pretty good! Decent acting (better than most I've found), decent writing, good action, and well produced.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I hate that it is ending, but I liked the way it wrapped everything up while leaving room for some spinoffs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Started listening to this, pretty good! Decent acting (better than most I've found), decent writing, good action, and well produced.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea that one it good I've finished it and hopefully they'll make more
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finished it? ...It's still going?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I haven't had any new ones come up since the last one on Oct 8 2013 chapter 38.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Good series, and a great idea, but I felt that it wasn't as interesting after season 2.  Looking forward to Tales.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I started it a while back, I usually listen to podcasts on the commute. It's entertaining and pretty well done. I got bored after a while, lost track of where I was, and never finished the series.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top