Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2014 5:12:27 PM EDT
I am nervous. Like about the same as the day I left for basic training. I won't be eating till this is over.

I'm piloting a table at the Tractor Supply Farmer's Market.

I'll be selling CDs of all three of my books.

Its been about 10 months since I was required to interact in a positive way with other people.

I know there are a few authors in here, how did you handle your first live event?
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Relax and be yourself. You'll know more about the topics in the book then anyone else so have fun and enjoy. When I show my work I do it with pride and honesty. That works every time. Good luck op.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I get like this. Pre mission jitters. Once I get my boots on the ground, everything smooths out and I am a cool cucumber till the end.
Then I puke my guts out for a few hours.

Maybe I should bring my flask?
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Pat your self on the back instead of puking. It'll be another good day of doing what you love.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]
AAR

We got there about 30 mins early. I was accompanied by the model for my book covers. She brought some jewelry to sell.

Besides us, there were 3 other vendors.

I sold two CDs and made $20.

My model sold two bracelets.

We saw four potential customers.

I did have a good time. I got to talk in-depth about my work with several people, mostly other vendors. I was offered a job IN MY FIELD!!!

I have to wait till September to submit my resume, but they have two positions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top