Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 84
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#1]
A remedy for Sylvia.....

I humbly propose Montresor's gift to Fortunato.  The stage has been set (somewhat) by the parting words from the room service guy.  

Although, truly, the how will depend on the who.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#2]
DC. my first post to this awesome thread.  I have been hooked, and frankly disturbed, by your story.  Just a comment about Sylvia...my mental picture of her is strangely similar to a younger Hillary. When I read her dialogue its in that shrill hag voice I hear coming from the TV.  Eagerly awaiting the next update.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By seelbo:
DC. my first post to this awesome thread.  I have been hooked, and frankly disturbed, by your story.  Just a comment about Sylvia...my mental picture of her is strangely similar to a younger Hillary. When I read her dialogue its in that shrill hag voice I hear coming from the TV.  Eagerly awaiting the next update.
View Quote

Disturbed is a good thing....means you're alive and care about stuff
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:49:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RadioHack] [#4]
Gentleman, as regards to Sylvia's fate, remember that DC is at the helm of this story and it's his vessel we are sailing on.... Take nothing for granted, take nothing at face value, question even a name. For example the name "Sylvia", know it's origin?

Silvia, was the mother of the twins Remus and Romulus, who were the mythological founders of Rome. She was supposed to be a Vestal Virgin. However she got preggers (perhaps and probably) by Mars the God of War. Her full name was Rhea Silvia, which if you break it down even further - it comes from Rea, meaning guilty, and Silvia meaning of the forest and so one may assume that Rhea Silvia means the guilty woman of the forest.... So the Sylvia of this tale? Morally loose and already guilty?

Sylvia was also a character in Shakespeare's Two Gentlemen of Verona. The Bard also penned the immortal lines "Who is Silvia? what is she, that all our swains admire her?"--  Swains are sometimes foolish country folk, the servants yoked to their masters fate.

I don't know if DC IS digging this deep, but he's causing me to fire up the synapses and I don't believe in coincidences.

The Sylvia in this tale (just like Tim) has an epic fall from grace coming, no Deus ex machine, no redemption except realization, fate is a powerful vortex, a vacuum that nature adores. I'm anxiously awaiting being sucked in even further.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Good call. I've pictured a younger Janet Napolitano, with her quasi- Luke Skywalker hair. Her pantsuit, snugged tightly against the sagging FUPA.......hideous.

The thing you mentioned is fitting as well. Why are the haters of freedom also the most physically repulsive?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#6]
DC gives us a update so we  an see Sylvia get hers. Or BI and Soldiers Son Sister meeting.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:16:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PFunkk:

Good call. I've pictured a younger Janet Napolitano, with her quasi- Luke Skywalker hair. Her pantsuit, snugged tightly against the sagging FUPA.......hideous.

The thing you mentioned is fitting as well. Why are the haters of freedom also the most physically repulsive?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Is it the evil inside that manifests itself outward, or maybe being soulless makes the skin contort and shrivel because the inner being is not there to keep it nourished?   I like your Napolitano, also fitting for Sylvia.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:14:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#8]

Comments follow long General Note--

-- and comments

below--

--Former11b, early adapter, much thanks.  Getting close now.

--Trapshooter, the collective here...is very clever.  As a community, and perhaps

singly, many/some/one of you could write a version of this story...so you guys

are getting close, sometimes 'too' close to my design.  But I think even if you

see the direction, I have some wicked surprises for you: the depth of the Gehriverse...

and lets say...their patience?  Nuff said at this time.  I really shouldn't be dropping

hints.  Too many smart people here!

--kermit, just....wow.  Had to go look up references.  Just wow.  Stepping into

spoiler territory, but not so deeply as to affect the surprise I've already written.

Lot's of Librarians here.  Good ffing job, K.

--seelbo,very grateful to see a new voice here.  This is a pretty long dense story,

requires great patience from readers, both in the manner of display on this site,

and in the content.  "Disturbed"--yes, Piddler nails it, below.  On our Public

Servants...they are, with impossibly few exceptions, cut from the same cloth.

On the particular name you mention, that is just the visible hand.  The Invisible

Hand is much much worse.  On particular names, they might be so indistinguishable

from each other, that perhaps we might not name them at all.  There could be certain

advantages there.  Very pleased to see you, seelbo.  Let's find out how many

of us there are.

GENERAL NOTE off of Seelbo's post: since posting here and on one other forum,

Injured Reserves has seen approx. 700 sales/borrows/reads.  That is actually

a very encouraging number, given the difficulty/obscurity/density of Injured's

text.  I interpret it to mean that there are at least 700 readers here and

on the other site who have followed this story sufficiently that they have

looked up the source code of Soldier's Son, which is Injured Reserves.

Pretty amazing, actually.  Injured has no visibility whatsoever, other than

here, and the other site.  Very cool.  And...thank you.

--Piddler, yep, this story might sink/or win, because it is...alarming?  The

natural trend, and one for which I have no argument, is that fiction must

first be 'entertaining'--fair enough, and hopefully this story is 'entertaining'

enough.  But really it is written for those who read, and remember, 1984,

and Brave New World, and Solzhenitsyn, and our Founders.  The bones

of this story are Real History, and Future History.  We shall see.

--Radiohack once again astounds.  A Librarian, for sure.  And yes, Radio,

I write from exactly those sources, and with the intent you describe.

Much of it is 'unconscious' now--have/had some pretty big libraries of

my own.  Kermit's post .re Poe was also pretty epic.  It will not surprise

you that on edit I will make a "symbols/references" pass, justify

significant names/character/events, and so on.  If I had the time,

that pass would take a week...or a month.  Afraid the only story

where I took all the time I needed, was Injured.  Hope I'm not

wasting my time with this kind of stuff...we shall see.  Very pleased,

but not surprised, that you see my method.

--PFunkk, good eye/good call, and many months ago, when Lou Parson

meets Sylvia, J.N. is described.  I have some pretty good evidence for

the result/process you describe, but it would not survive public scrutiny.

Briefly...what do you think they know, about anatomical differences,

which might very likely correlate to neurological differences...deep in

the bowels of...the Rand Corporation?  Advertising agencies?  The

Pentagon?  How about the effect(s) of...hormones?  Or their absence?

I wonder if there are any truths they not only dare not speak?  But

use to their advantage?  And so on.  Nuff said at this time.  And probably

forever...

--zoe17, as you properly described a few of your habits, in spite of

your brevity I consider you one of my most interested prompts.

Scene I am working on tonight is Brian Distrop, studying his past,

and future, in the glow of the Sinai Nuke.  Then Lou Parson, getting

up to speed on the Gehriverse, complexity, machinations.  Then

Tim Bassinger, accustoming himself to his fate: an assault on

Gehr Waffenfabbrik No.6.  Then the assault, seen through the

eyes of people you already know well.  Then the resolution of

all themes/characters/conflicts/Sylvia and Tim you have seen so far, and the

return of Pop Gehr.  Lyle Bass performs a very critical task.

A very revealing conversation between Pop Gehr

and one of Sylvia's 'Masters'--And a few more twists and turns...

Wish I were faster, Z., but this will get done.  And then the next...

and so on.

--Seelbo, stepping very lightly I hope, and carefully, I think one of

the things you are seeing is an absence of sentiment, and real empathy,

as you know them.  This often manifests as an absence of anything

that you would recognize as 'joy'...in family, people, loved ones,

art, sunlight and moonlight, the natural world.  A very common

attribute of a kind of 'them' is that they never look like they

spend much time out doors.  They have no hobbies.  They

share no activities with people they 'care' about--very difficult

to do when your only pleasures are power, control, networking,

offense, and defense...all in the acquisition of personal Status.

Imagine their lives: completely divorced from any concern

about money, safety, rent, school, health, shopping, insurance,

retirement, providing a real service, or product...they are on

a Golden Path.  And they will Do Absolutely ANYTHING To Stay On

That Path.  Anything?  Means ANYTHING.

Ok, trying very hard to get update up by Friday night.

GENERAL NOTE: much thanks to those of you who find 'Injured Reserves'--

To those of you are new here, or lurking, Injured Reserves is a kind

of moral bible of the Gehr Family, and a key reference between and amongst

all who live in the Gehriverse. Injured was written by a member of the Gehr

Family. Certain aspects and themes in Injured will be continuously revealed

if the Gehriverse lives through more than this book.

"Combat is the control of your adversary in the three dimensions of space,

across the fourth
dimension, of time...." search (Kindle Single Injured Reserves)

Thank you, DesignatedMarksman.

Ok, back to work.

DCBourone
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I mentioned it before and will mention it again ...

I paid $9.00+ for garbage that I couldn't finish the third chapter, let alone the entire book.  

Don't undersell yourself, starving writers do not have long careers.

Consider this being smacked upside the head by someone who cares!
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Currently:
I mentioned it before and will mention it again ...

I paid $9.00+ for garbage that I couldn't finish the third chapter, let alone the entire book.  

Don't undersell yourself, starving writers do not have long careers.

Consider this being smacked upside the head by someone who cares!
View Quote

Agreed.  I paid $2.99 for coffee this morning.  Not nearly as nourishing as your writing.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#11]
2.99 doesn't even buy a decent sandwich.  As others have said, please don't sell yourself short.

It may not be realistic to open at the Clancy/Griffin pricepoint, but fire sale pricing isn't appropriate either.  As a fan, friend, and voracious reader I would not even blink at a price in the $8 to $10 range.  You as the author have to balance the need to build your customer/reader base against the need for ROI.  

We will all be there for you regardless of the price.  

You can also count on a good stack of reviews to jump start the reader base.

--- A question for Trapshooter12:  there is a chance that we may have met in the real world.  If not yet, I think at least your friends are my friends. Does the term "Spring Grand" mean anything to you?

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#12]
DC you have provided a LOT of FREE reading here.  Charge whatever the experts say the market can handle and enjoy the fruits of your labor.  The reality show addicts are not going to read your book at any price and the people who appreciate your talents are not very concerned about the price of the book.  (IMHO)
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I agree with others, make money and sell at a good price. $12.99 to 19.99 is a price I would pay for a good read. Thanks for the efforts here for free. I will buy it if you ever print/ Kindle publish it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I was gonna say I would charge $3:00 if I were you. I have already got my .99 cents worth plus added my two cents to some of it.

Now I have to read the last installment
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By kermit:
--- A question for Trapshooter12:  there is a chance that we may have met in the real world.  If not yet, I think at least your friends are my friends. Does the term "Spring Grand" mean anything to you?

View Quote

Yes Kermit it does.
Most of the people I know are from Nevada though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:17:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Warhawk] [#16]
I would recommend that you look into some of the authors who have found that at full retail pricing, e-books don't sell well unless you are an established author. However there is a price point where folks who are interested in a certain genre of books will go ahead and buy the book, without knowing a thing about the book or the author.  I have seen budding Authors state that they never sold many books or made any money until they hit the .99 cent level. I don't think you have to go quite that cheap, but I'm not an expert in such things either.

The Rise of the 99 CENT Kindle Book

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Yup, as we all have been saying I don't want a discount. If you want to put up a $2.99  price then go for it but please have an option available for those of us who would like to pay the full retail price.  The faster you can start making a living at this the faster our updates keep coming...
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By greyguy:
Yup, as we all have been saying I don't want a discount. If you want to put up a $2.99  price then go for it but please have an option available for those of us who would like to pay the full retail price.  The faster you can start making a living at this the faster our updates keep coming...
View Quote

I'll second the emotion behind this, well worth the extra cash to keep you in ink, blotting paper and midnight oil to burn as you become the Soldiers Scribe.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RadioHack:

I'll second the emotion behind this, well worth the extra cash to keep you in ink, blotting paper and midnight oil to burn as you become the Soldiers Scribe.
View All Quotes

This
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#20]

This
View All Quotes

This
Fourthed!

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Looking forward to the day I can buy all of your works in print, if we ever get that far.  Or they become required reading in Highschool, next to Orwell, Dostoevsky, and Thomas Paine.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By zoe17:

I agree with others, make money and sell at a good price. $12.99 to 19.99 is a price I would pay for a good read. Thanks for the efforts here for free. I will buy it if you ever print/ Kindle publish it.
View Quote
This.

Just like I did for 'Injured Reserves'!

I don't provide my labor for free, and neither should you. And, not for nothing, as good as I am at my trade, I'm nowhere near as competent as you are at yours.

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 2:00:26 AM EDT
[#23]
If I pay $20 for a book, I expect it to be a paperback.

$10-15 is reasonable for a known entity.

Sticking in the $5.99-7.99 range should be enough to make it worth your time, while being cheap enough that the ratings/reviews will win over an unfamiliar.

You're worth much more than $0.99 and I usually pass on ebooks that cheap.  I assume the author is not competent enough to write a story worth reading if they can't demand some bit of a premium.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#24]

You can change the price...right?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:23:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I agree with the others.  A minimum of $2.99.  I've paid $4.99 for much less.  Really enjoyed the story so far.  Finally, a very unique story-line.

Great job!

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I am in with those who believe that an E-book of this magnitude and Quality should be more than $0.99.  Had you started it at $0.99, I would have waited until the sale was over and I could buy it at the "normal" price.  I'm a Cheap SOB and I would gladly pay the $3 - $9 range for a good e-book that was from an author that I knew something about (you DEFINITELY fall in that category!).

Thanks again and keep it coming!
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#27]

All is well.  Update almost done.

Individual replies and update ASAP.

Appreciate support here.  Cubed.

Checking in when I can.

More soon.

DCB
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Looking forward to the next installment
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 6:19:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RadioHack] [#29]
As we await the next installment, a little food for thoughtful perspective. Read Sir john Glubb's "The Fate of Empires" here's a link to a PDF file, https://brengleman.wordpress.com/2013/09/18/reflection-on-the-fate-of-empires-by-sir-john-glubb/

Just click on the title "The Fate of Empires" to read the PDF

One quick quote -

"The heroes of declining nations are always the same—the athlete, the singer or the actor. The word ‘celebrity’ today is used to designate a comedian or a football player, not a statesman, a general, or a literary genius".  

ETA: I don't always agree with the blog's author, but I do enjoy the introspection necessary to confirm my beliefs. Challenges tend to confirm your character and solidify the path you have chosen.

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Just bought a team membership because of this thread. I am not a joiner. but as Ben Franklin said....
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:21:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#31]

Update follows comments:

--Currently, appreciate the smack upside the head!

--seelbo, likewise.  Thinking I will probably be able to thread this needle.

--kermit, likewise.  Coffee, burgers, beer that is not just carbonated urine,

these are some of my benchmarks for pricing.  Yes, legacy writers have earned

their keep.  And I would consider anything over 7.00 on the very very high side.

Very unlikely I could/would go that high.  (Ok why can't I fix this font????)

--Pidder, much thanks.  And I have a silver dollar with your name on it.  It will

be attached to something.  We will have to sort this out at some point.

--zoe17, max appreciated.  No way will I be that high, but your vote of confidence

in material is noticed.

--Trapshooter12, understood.  Fact is the market will be the market.  I will bend

to its will.  Gracefully, I hope.

--Warhawk, understood.  Have spent more time than I care to admit on various

forums /.re pricing, marketing, etc.  The .99 cent books are generally 'loss leaders'/prompts

teasers for the body of an authors work.  Many writers on forums I have checked delight

in writing 1/2/5/and even 10,000 words a day.  I am simply not that fast.  If I sold 1000 books

a day, which would put me at No. 1 in this genre, at 35 percent of .99 times 1000, I would

be making a fraction of 'other available income'--and so on.  We shall see.

--greyguy, I have zero problem with 2.99 with a prompt for everyone here.  2.99 keeps

me away from 'impulse buyers' hopefully, many of whom will not like the non-linear/density/

complexity/other of this story.  A single one star review from an unhappy/surprised reader

can destroy a ranking/visibility/sales, and so on.  Many many aspects to this kind of

'positioning'--all of which would bore the hell out of us.

--Radiohack, much appreciated.  I am willing to grow slow, but I have a certain number

in mind, absent which, time being time--

--Pfunkk, same same Radio.  Thanks, PF.

--and likewise, TriumphRider

--jrtatonka, much thanks, and I think long ago I referred to self as a "spiritual plagiarist"

and you just referred to some of my sources.  And why, then, are they no longer, and

so trivially, taught?

--Call2Arms, much thanks, and hopefully I will get, if not better, at least...faster.

--Field/MP you are pretty much on the mark as to specifics, pricing, author self worth.

Exactly my thoughts.

--StimpsonJ, exactly, and very important.  I can change the price for any reason.  General

rule most venues is 2.99 and below pays 35 percent, 2.99 and above 60-70.

--VikingPanels much thanks.  We will see if 'original' is good.  I read many a Louis L'Amour

as a child, and understand the value of the known experience, repeated.  This, as they say,

is not that.  We shall see.

--GreenGiant good to see as always and thank you.  I hope I can survive/prosper in the middle

of your range.  Also appears as if I will be in the 120=130,000 word range, or 450 pages plus.

That should help.  Many books in this genre are 200-300 pages.

--ny15 good to see you and installment is....here.

--Radiohack, you will see a reference, written a few months ago, to precisely the point

you quote.  No possible way to describe my...frustration, at what is taught, and why,

and why not.  Frustration.  Choosing my words carefully, here.  And much thanks your

membership here.  I hope AR15.com makes filthy lucre, boatloads.  I don't know of a

better website on any subject.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Excellent. You never disappoint.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Great installment!
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#34]
DC I'm not sure if this is an option for you but some of the other authors post in GD that some of their previous books are free for like three days or so before some new work comes out this way it calls attention to who they are. You might consider doing that with Injured.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Excellent update! It definitely paints the picture of the calm before the storm as the entire world sits in shock, then slowly unravels before it builds up speed towards mayhem.

The only thing that suck out was this line:

"And his unconscious screamed."

Should be subconscious instead of unconcious?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Great update....was starting to worry that the floods had washed ya downstream!
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#37]
excellent update DCB
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Nicely done.  Been awhile since I wrote a comment to you. So here goes just a little input take it or leave it no worries your story and it's a great story!

Many of us reading your story have a small perspective of the warrior mentality, the mind set of the others is something that would assist in engrossing other type readers.

I'll use the man in the BMW as an example.  Small segway into whom and what he is and the shift in thinking....The utter stupidity of the people in this regional satellite office is beyond me.  They need to fire them and put something in the water so they can't breed'.

What the hell you mean your leaving. Just because some stupid Raghead wants to blow-up there side of the world as they been threatening forever, is now making my life hell. It's freaking halfway round the world why is everyone running scared it's utterly amazing and asinine.

I flew from New York to talk to you stupid cowboys about business and know your all running scared!  You guy's wouldn't last 5 minutes in New York city.....Hell I'm just going to have to show these stupid in breeders how we do it in the big city.

I know spelling, grammar, punctuation and all that.  I'm just saying it helps adding some flavor. Don't need to over do it' think of colored sprinkles on a cupcake you added coloring to it.  No one sprinkle is going to take away from the cupcake and one sprinkle isn't going to ruin the dessert.    
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for the update. Read last night and forgot to post up. Keep up the great work. For a serial/binge reader waiting kills me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Excellent. Thanks again.  I'm looking forward to more development of Brian.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:41:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lungbuster] [#43]
Thanks for the update, I was just thinking about this story as I was driving thru Texas the other day....

Drove thru this thing too, just missed it as it was receding back into the sky.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#44]
How in the hell am I supposed to get any work done????

I am only on my second day reading this story and page 15.

SHIT its like nicotine

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:41:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Great Update DCB!  Keep the Power Comma Hammer going full throttle!
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Fucking stark.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I haven't commented, but have been following, and read Injured Reserves.  I look forward to you publishing this - and future - books on Amazon.  $2.99 is more than a fair price.  If $3.99 gets you into a higher percentage per sale, I would be willing to pay that as well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:57:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RadioHack] [#48]
With the latest craziness in the news, the world has listed more to port. Perspective is further skewed by their overt agenda’s and their fervent indoctrination which is leaking like a sieve from the seams of their distorted, corrupted souls. Another update please as a balm to these tired eyes, something to fix as the horizon, something to mark as buoy of sanity as we are headed for our goal of the sanity Isles far away from this age’s madness.
The mewling of the sheep combined with the bleating of the tethered goats of deception is getting on my nerves…. I know I’m not the only one (considering all the thoughtful thinkers who have posted in this thread), but bugger all, it’s a weight.
So, DC, when may we expect the next fruit of your pen?

Titus 1:15-16
To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

—  Winston Churchill
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:04:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RadioHack] [#49]
Double tap deleted - sorry!
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:20:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#50]
Update follows comments--

Apologize tardy installments...yeah, like, what's new?

--ny15, much thanks.  Thought 110k words, looking more like 130k.  Day-um.

--airsix, much appreciated.  This.  Will.  Get.  Done.  And then the next....

--Trapshooter, the 'free' books require an exclusive commitment to Amazon

in a program called 'Select'--Additional problem, this story will be very

non-accessible to many readers in this genre.  They would kill it in reviews/

rankings.  I would much prefer people read and study sample and very

carefully decide if this 'style' was worth their money.  
--2T2/Crash, much thanks, and good catch on subcon/con.

--Piddler, much thanks, your coin is on my desk, waiting for a host.  And

not washed away, just skeetered to death.  Edge of Lake Grapevine looks

primordial, with all the flooding.  Pretty epic.

--Mongo, good to see you again.  Hitting the home stretch here...

--HBruns, likewise, and appreciate you sticking with my...non-rapidity.

--Warhawk, thank you, and hopefully someday the beer will be on me.

--11C/Abn--copy/over message.  I believe you refer to varying dialects/dialogue?

Color/tone/language very tricky, if I don't misunderstand you.  Much depends

on accustomed reading 'styles'--true dialects (Mark Twain/S. Clemens) can both

improve, and impede, understanding.

--zoe17, understood and apologies in advance.  I think you will very much enjoy

the book 'intact'--it should read well, have great propulsive force, particularly

for the practiced reader.

--KOW, good to see you, and a lot more Brian on the way.  He is our window into

the Gehriverse through the eyes of 'everyman'--although he is far kinder, more

empathetic, than most.  The Gehriverse and this world will be very hard on him.

--Lungbuster, what an awesome pic.  Whereabouts?  If you have more/other, please

post.

--gunnut1, good to see you and appreciate comments elsewhere.  I hope it is

addictive.  Surely I am failing at my job if it is not.

--Designated, good to see you as always, early adaptor. Yes.  Stark.  And getting

starker.  Way way way starker.  Starkness meeter at a one on a scale of a thousand...

--armstrong, very much thanks on Injured.  If you are comfortable doing so, please

write even the briefest review on Amazon.  Injured has a long road back from the

one and two star reviews.  4 out of 81.  But they did huge damage.

--Radiohack, good to see you, Librarian.  "listing to port" oh yes and it can more==

than list, it can upend and spin like a top.  And it will.  So, let's keep our balance,

shall we?  And Churchill, just ----- what a genius!

--TEXT REMOVED .RE EPUB TOS---

Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top