Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock field knives were a great value. I'm not sure what they're going for these days though.

I love the "model of the 1911a1" roll mark. Lol
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Df The Glock  knives are still in the $30-$35 range. I just bought a few more as back up car knives ETc.  The norinco 1911s Were justifiably famous deal and I suspect these TISAS are and will be the same.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DCBourone:
Df The Glock  knives are still in the $30-$35 range. I just bought a few more as back up car knives ETc.  The norinco 1911s Were justifiably famous deal and I suspect these TISAS are and will be the same.
View Quote
I buy Mora knives like a nervous tic.  I've got 1 or 2 in every space I'm in regularly and I've never had one fail on me.  That's what I use for truck knives.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Please read this very carefully.

As carefully as you possibly can.

"His Lords had been Masters of Storms and Masters of Men, Masters of the Great Secrets which lay also //far below//, and not as many thought, only //far above//, and they had all left many containers in many secret places, some filled with the light of revelation, and some only intended to burn."

This was composed in 2011.

Published in 2012.

In preparation for "now."

We have been excruciatingly careful about brand names, object names, the names of people in the public eye, the public nomenclature of issues which is always and forever designed to separate, and inflame.  It is doubly important that you continue to be careful now, and continuously.  This thread must remain separate from all others, and uncontaminated.

We are not alloonne, and this has been known and concealed for a very long time.  If you feel this is still a matter of debate, there are many other
places for that debate.

The issues referred, and germinating now, will be 1. Deception 2. Distraction 3. Manipulation 4. Extreme justification for extreme coercion.

And so on.

On the grandest scale, consider this issue another index for volatility--change--a dial to be manipulated on the national and now global consciousness.

Interesting times indeed.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]
That is some funny shit and STJ reply below:https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/345159/image_jpg-2875092.JPG
View Quote
Did you get hungry and chew on that knife handle?
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
BigD--you got it.  It is a pacifier.  In more ways than one...

BigD no shit pay attention to "the story" of the day/week referenced--nobody turning
that dial cares about us.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
DC, you have an uncanny ability to put into words thoughts and concepts that have been dominating my evenings as of late. To once again quote:

“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; truth isn’t.”  Mark Twain

we will, all of us, be tested very soon...
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Heron very good to see you. Mark Twain Didn't miss much. Yes I believe some very severe tests are on the way. Freaking unreal.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By last_crusader:
Do you EDC a Randall full size or use a smaller knife?

A folding knife is a broken knife, but a 6" Glock knife is too much.
View Quote

@last_crusader

I carry a Tops CUT 4.0 horizontally at about 11:30 on my belt. I can draw it with either hand. It’s a good solid knife and not too expensive.
This is the only pic I have, mounted to a HPG kit bag.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice knife LB.  And a mighty fine rifle!
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Surprised no one has commented on the present state of events in the ME. Hope you are well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Waiting on the Sinai Nuke.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DesignatedMarksman:
View Quote

I had the same thought earlier today.

I was just re-aligning the NODS/optics/lasers for my AR cause team nightops match coming up with my best bud.
DBAL-2 is huge but also like calling the bifrost vs most illuminators.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Mnm/des/stim  The eb and flow of this thread is Enchanting. There are several perfect geographies for the demo nuke: the Sinai has shown, a certain agricultural facility in the Ukraine. And a few more.  To keep the book at less than 30,000 pages A lot of things cannot be explained in any detail but the sinai Location in particular was intended to pass the test of time. I hope everyone is well. I hope everyone is watching the big wave coming it will be the first of many.  Attend to your chores!
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:13:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#15]
Remember all the locations that were going hot on Psychopath TV in the Cantina. They will. That text was written in about 2014.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#16]
In other news....mnmiv still hasn't hit me up for forge time.
It's getting cold again Bro.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Stj!!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

In other news....mnmiv still hasn't hit me up for forge time.
It's getting cold again Bro.
View Quote

And I haven’t forgotten. Moved to TN and son has gotten involved in Scouts. Soon…..
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 7:59:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Just finished building a gas forge.  I need to build a stand to put it on and I'm in business.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Just finished building a gas forge.  I need to build a stand to put it on and I'm in business.
View Quote

Pics not loading!
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Wow..was just reading current news and this quote popped in my head and i had to go to where i first heard it..

Please read this very carefully.

As carefully as you possibly can.

"His Lords had been Masters of Storms and Masters of Men, Masters of the Great Secrets which lay also //far below//, and not as many thought, only //far above//, and they had all left many containers in many secret places, some filled with the light of revelation, and some only intended to burn."

This was composed in 2011.

Published in 2012.

In preparation for "now."

We have been excruciatingly careful about brand names, object names, the names of people in the public eye, the public nomenclature of issues which is always and forever designed to separate, and inflame.  It is doubly important that you continue to be careful now, and continuously.  This thread must remain separate from all others, and uncontaminated.

We are not alloonne, and this has been known and concealed for a very long time.  If you feel this is still a matter of debate, there are many other
places for that debate.

The issues referred, and germinating now, will be 1. Deception 2. Distraction 3. Manipulation 4. Extreme justification for extreme coercion.

And so on.

On the grandest scale, consider this issue another index for volatility--change--a dial to be manipulated on the national and now global consciousness.

Interesting times indeed.

...damn, this would explain the madness
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Stj mniv forge time get on it and we need pics.

mniv TN has a lot of sensible folks.  Please find/secure a few asap.

designated/m i will second stj pics!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 8:14:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#23]
lohi good to see you.  The madness.  Would explain. Yes.  There are very few models that fit what we are seeing now.  This is one.  Critical: everyone is acting as if time is "quite/very short" And They Are Not Concerned About Being Exposed/Caught/Punished.  And why would that be?  Because everything Will be so sufficiently changed/altered that old/previous legal and moral standards will be irrelevant.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#24]
lohi good to see you.  The madness.  Would explain. Yes.  There are very few models that fit what we are seeing now.  This is one.  Critical: everyone is acting as if time is "quite/very short" And They Are Not Concerned About Being Exposed/Caught/Punished.  And why would that be?  Because everything Will be so sufficiently changed/altered that old/previous legal and moral standards will be irrelevant.
View Quote

This makes perfect sense of a question I’ve had to leave unanswered, it’s the first/only answer I’ve seen to why they’re being so flagrant about everything. My questions would be what is that change and the timeframe?

Relevant thought; the chaotic mess of conflicting information has made trends forecasting and pulling a signal from the noise very difficult if not impossible from readily available sources. None of the old methods for data aggregation and filtering are reliable any more, seemingly and at this point one must assume on purpose.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#25]
CpnR good to see you.  Spidey sense says not tomorrow (1-2 years). But iinside of 10.  Specific cause is less relevant than effects: all stressors can be measured/are a function of/will cause Economic dislocation. In this case: severe.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
They may be ignored, but they will never be irrelevant.

Isaiah 5:18-30

18 Woe to those who draw iniquity with cords of falsehood,
   who draw sin as with cart ropes,
19 who say: "Let him be quick,
   let him speed his work
   that we may see it;
let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw near,
   and let it come, that we may know it!"
20 Woe to those who call evil good
   and good evil,
who put darkness for light
   and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
   and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
   and shrewd in their own sight!

22 Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine,
   and valiant men in mixing strong drink,
23 who acquit the guilty for a bribe,
   and deprive the innocent of his right!

24 Therefore, as the tongue of fire devours the stubble,
   and as dry grass sinks down in the flame,
so their root will be as rottenness,
   and their blossom go up like dust;
for they have rejected the law of the Lord of hosts,
   and have despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
25 Therefore the anger of the Lord was kindled against his people,
   and he stretched out his hand against them and struck them,
   and the mountains quaked;
and their corpses were as refuse
   in the midst of the streets.
For all this his anger has not turned away,
   and his hand is stretched out still.

26 He will raise a signal for nations far away,
   and whistle for them from the ends of the earth;
and behold, quickly, speedily they come!
27 None is weary, none stumbles,
   none slumbers or sleeps,
not a waistband is loose,
   not a sandal strap broken;
28 their arrows are sharp,
   all their bows bent,
their horses' hoofs seem like flint,
   and their wheels like the whirlwind.
29 Their roaring is like a lion,
   like young lions they roar;
they growl and seize their prey;
   they carry it off, and none can rescue.
30 They will growl over it on that day,
   like the growling of the sea.
And if one looks to the land,
   behold, darkness and distress;
and the light is darkened by its clouds.

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 3:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Former11BRAVO] [#27]
CpnR good to see you.  Spidey sense says not tomorrow (1-2 years). But iinside of 10.  Specific cause is less relevant than effects: all stressors can be measured/are a function of/will cause Economic dislocation. In this case: severe.
View Quote

The fact their masks have come off (and the speed at which they're moving the Overton Window), tells me they're worried they've not enough time to enslave the world population before there's global revolution against them on nearly all fronts.

Lord knows, the attacks against the west (US in particular) have been from every direction; all at once, these last few years. I have a feeling the wars in Ukraine AND Israel are all parts of their grand scheme/plan (WEF, WHF, CCP, et al).

The progress they've made is...horrendous and I'm not convinced we have until Nov '24 before something truly catastrophic occurs (or, is made to LOOK like it has).

One thing's for certain, though: the waiting is driving me half crazy!

By the way, foxnews just reported on an unsuccessful terror-attack on the Rainbow Bridge, separating Niagara Falls from Canada. An explosive-laden vehicle blew up (killing the two occupants) after attempting to ram a border agent facility.

Not many more details available as yet.

Story
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#28]
It's forge season...but ouch.

I felt it give.
Might be fixable.
A smart man would stop playing with ancient metals and move on to the perfect utility of 'better' metals.

But I can't.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Did anyone ever try re-crowning a pistol or rifle barrel to be sharp like in the book?

Results?
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 6:25:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BIgDAM] [#30]
Did anyone ever try re-crowning a pistol or rifle barrel to be sharp like in the book?

Results?
View Quote
I sure didn't, but then again you muzzle thump someone and it's likely to cause a laceration regardless.

Jocko Willink On Muzzle Strike Training?? ( via @JockoPodcastOfficial ) #shorts

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 1:06:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#31]

Results?
View Quote

Define 'sharp'.

ETA:  Oh, you mean the Bi thing.  I haven't...but it wouldn't be difficult.
Indexing table on an offset mill and then 11-degree the inside edge a bit.
I should make one of those for one of my revolvers.  It was a revolver, yes?  Caliber?

Also, cause I am a bitch.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:09:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Define 'sharp'.

ETA:  Oh, you mean the Bi thing.  I haven't...but it wouldn't be difficult.
Indexing table on an offset mill and then 11-degree the inside edge a bit.
I should make one of those for one of my revolvers.  It was a revolver, yes?  Caliber?

Also, cause I am a bitch.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8lq2y761qplkqxkorpu9r/edgedecision2.jpg?rlkey=6dbelpay0qc9385sc6wpa7b97&raw=1
View Quote

Good to see you're still forging fun stuff.

I'm learning some new skills from my new neighbor that I'm hoping to incorporate into my shop.  Nothing very cool for now but you have to start somewhere.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:20:34 AM EDT
[#33]
S&W j frame
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

I'm learning some new skills from my new neighbor that I'm hoping to incorporate into my shop.  Nothing very cool for now but you have to start somewhere.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG6492_JPG-3074421.JPG
View Quote

Hooks are soo much fun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Feels like a good time to start reading The Soldier's Son again as TX squares off against the DOJ.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:04:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#36]
Designated     never be irrelevant     not to us. But people in general will just want to eat.

Former 11     this trend line has been pretty obvious for about 40 years, reasonably, even more. But the speed is astounding to see. Panic, for instance, is an exponential function not an arithmetic.

STJ     may your forge always be fun but never needed!

Big D     I bet you there's a whole bunch of razor crowned tools out there. In fact I promise! Muzzle tapping would make great sense for crowd control intimidation etc. don't you think?  And yes Smith Bodyguard.

STJ     that is a neat tomahawk. What Steeland are you oil quenching?

DF  Where did you get that forge?

Last crusader you got it J frame.

Designated seems very d j  vu doesn't it?

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#37]

STJ     may your forge always be fun but never needed!

STJ     that is a neat tomahawk. What Steeland are you oil quenching?

View Quote

That axe body above is made from some more of the wrought I got out west from a boat project channel.  Which is fun because this is going to another boat channel.

The steel in this case is O-1, which is my go-to metal of choice, so yes, it will be oil-quenched.  I'm planning an edge-only quench, as I want to keep the stress-risers away from the O-1 to wrought joint.
I'm still batting around how to make that joint.  My soul wants it to be a forge-welded joint, but my engineering mind isn't as big a fan of that and wants it to be TIG'd.  The annoying artist portion of my brain wants to dick around with that TIG weld procedure to try to get some fancy effects in the joint region.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#38]

DF  Where did you get that forge?

View Quote

I've been messing around in my new neighbor's forge. He's been into blacksmithing/blade smithing for a long time in the mountain man rendezvous world so He's got a lot to teach and I have a lot to learn. I got lucky with my neighbors at my new place. Gardeners, small scale ranchers and generally useful, self reliant folks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:47:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#39]
Double
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Story time.

I'll try to keep this on point but...no promises.

I gave blood today.

Yeah, I know, big deal...right?  Well, I had been denied the last two tries due to low hemoglobin.
Challenge accepted...changes made.
So, a victory.  They really need O+ it seems.
Or maybe they lie to all of us.
No 'glistening line of IV lines' here...

It did send me off thinking though...about blood and sacrifice.  Maybe that should be sacrifice and then blood.

Anyway...I ended up reading Injured again.  THAT sent me somewhere I didn't want to go.
Last year, at a repeating match I attend, where all the proceeds go to support a very specific group of special forces families, I got...torn up.
The match has stages based on how special forces operators died.
Sometimes...family members of those operators run the match as shooters.
They usually tell us those are coming to our stages.

I was working a very complicated stage...with some very impressive persons....doing impressive things.
It is...without a doubt...the most expensive stage I have ever heard of in my history in the shooting sports.
There were 6 civilian ROs on this stage and 5 Green Berets.
Those Green Berets were so impressive that weekend.
Look, I pride myself on providing a consistent amount of abuse to competitors in competitions I run or RO in.
I am weak-sauce in the presence of these men.
Their vitriol and abuse is beyond my abilities.
"Get that gun up you maggot!"
"Have you ever shot a rifle before?"
Here...watch a run of it.

Legion Stage 1

If you look close, you might find me at the beginning...and the end...and wonder about that.

But all of that suffering and service is as nothing because the reason I write this is not about suffering...or service.
Those are simple things.
ROs are volunteers.

But part of my job that weekend was to intercept inbound competitors and get their first name so I could radio it to the GBs at the lower range to allow them to complete the experience for the shooter.
That meant meeting people as they approached the stage.
That meant looking up the hill for inbound.
That resulted in me looking up the hill as a short man approached us walking a dog alongside a woman with a baby carrier on her back.
Why doesn't he have a rifle?
No.
No...please...no.
But it was true.  The wife of the man upon who the course I was helping run was walking down to watch.
His daughter was on her shoulders.
His dog was being walked by the match director.

I was prepared to carry a lot.
But not that.

"How frugal is the chariot...?"
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#41]
STJ     I would be agnostic on joints as I know nothing about them. But I am intrigued that you like 01 Steel I have a few knives in 01 and it is both incredibly easy to sharpen and has an interesting plasticity     edges seem  to distort Bend not fracture.

DF     good job with the neighbors. Will mean everything someday.

STJ  That is one haunting story. Ouch.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#42]

STJ  That is one haunting story. Ouch.

View Quote

I spent a night with that man in a closed bar draining bottles I couldn't afford discussing how to make a match men might care about.

Second worst hangover I have ever suffered.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#43]

DF     good job with the neighbors. Will mean everything someday.

View Quote

Neighbors have been more important than we give them credit for for a long time. Living on a street next to people who don't know each other is a terrible situation and I don't know how we ended up with that being the norm.

Stimpy, thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#44]
STJ     I would be agnostic on joints as I know nothing about them. But I am intrigued that you like 01 Steel I have a few knives in 01 and it is both incredibly easy to sharpen and has an interesting plasticity     edges seem  to distort Bend not fracture.

View Quote

O-1 is just brilliant stuff.
Forgiving on hits as it cools.
No need to super-heat for quench.
Easy to manipulate in the temper-cycle if warped.
Your guard and pommel hardware on the Musso is all O-1, as it machines so easily.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#45]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG6492_JPG-3074421.JPG
View Quote

That hammer needs its edges dressed IMHO, before it throws a chip at someone.
I'd like to see the faces.
Those tongs are also an interesting tip geometry.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 9:30:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#46]

That hammer needs its edges dressed IMHO, before it throws a chip at someone.
I'd like to see the faces.
Those tongs are also an interesting tip geometry.
View Quote

I'm not sure what's going on with the hammer in the picture but it's not mushrooming in real life. Iirc, it's a cross pein with the face very slightly domed and polished.

The tongs are made to hold the square stock and have the end sit against the pivot point when you're making the hook. There's a diamond shaped cutout in the front edge of the tongs to hold the corners of the stock.

All that stuff belongs to the neighbor.

This was the last project before it got cold(we saw -18°). I had a bar of 1084&15n20 that I had welded up before we moved and I decided that I wanted to have a try at making a blade from it. It was mostly my neighbor showing me what to do, me doing it, then him fixing my mistakes before showing me the next step. Lol. Forging is a whole different world from stock removal. I'm glad I learned to grind first. I could see it being frustrating to try to learn both at the same time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#47]

I'm not sure what's going on with the hammer in the picture but it's not mushrooming in real life.
View All Quotes

I'm not sure what's going on with the hammer in the picture but it's not mushrooming in real life.

If you say so...but it looks like it's swoll.

I had a bar of 1084&15n20 that I had welded up before we moved and I decided that I wanted to have a try at making a blade from it. It was mostly my neighbor showing me what to do, me doing it, then him fixing my mistakes before showing me the next step. Lol. Forging is a whole different world from stock removal. I'm glad I learned to grind first. I could see it being frustrating to try to learn both at the same time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/1704249036116_jpg-3116204.JPG

15N20 and 1084 is worth it.

Don't forget the choil.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#48]

If you say so...but it looks like it's swoll.

15N20 and 1084 is worth it.

Don't forget the choil.
View Quote

The edge is going all the way from heel to tip on that one. Maybe I'll have to put one in the coffin handle Bowie I have drawn up. Lol
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#49]

The edge is going all the way from heel to tip on that one. Maybe I'll have to put one in the coffin handle Bowie I have drawn up. Lol
View Quote

Ah...that makes sense looking at it again.

I'll admit it's a pet peeve of mine when folks don't address how an edge ends.  I have several old knives I actually kept that I made and one in particular always bugs me when I look at it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Grinder day.

Akshually...there was some forge time to add a curve to that tool steel blade portion...but it's still cooling (baby I'm not fooling) so I didn't take a pic of it post-hammer-time...cause it's hot so you can't touch this.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top