User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/2/2013 2:08:15 PM EDT
Decided to write a SHTF novel. here is the prologue. tell me what you think:

The Plague
Prologue

No one knew how the Plaque started or what its origins were but everyone in the world felt its effect.  The disease was fast but it was also subtle. It mutated frequently and viciously making its treatment and vaccination impossible. Sometimes it behaved like influenza, and other times like Ebola. It was ever changing and very lethal.
It arrived in the US via Los Angels International airport on a flight from Mombasa Kenya.  Kenneth Cho, a medical sales rep whose family was originally from Seoul South Korea was the USA’s patient zero. He had begun showing signs of illness before leaving Africa.  “Damn flu bug “he thought as he downed some Nyquil for the 14 hour flight home,. “I’ll drink this crap and chase it with a cocktail and hopefully sleep through the flight” he mused as he drank a shot of the foul tasting green medication. “Dennis Leary is right” he muttered under his breath “this stuff should be called Green Death Flavor, anymore of this crap and it will kill me”. Kenneth didn’t know it at the time, but he was right about the death part.
    Fourteen hours later Kenneth Cho walked off the plane at LAX not feeling any better than when he got on the plane, in fact he felt a heck of a lot worse. He texted his boss at work saying he wasn’t gong to be in tomorrow and likely the next because he had the flu. As Kenneth Cho staggered through the terminal he knowingly and unknowingly interacted with dozens of different people.
The 1st person he infected in the US was the stewardess who woke him up and took his blanket and pillow. She was a middle aged African American woman from St Louis with 2 kids in college, she would be dead by the end of the week. Next were the customs and TSA agents who stamped his passports. He accidently jostled a couple of tourists from Japan who were on their honeymoon. They would never see the land of the rising sun again.
      In all more than 20 people had direct contact with Kenneth as he made his way to his home in Long Beach. The last person Kenneth unwittingly sentenced to death that day was the clerk who rang up his cold medications at the CVS around the corner from his home. Two days later Kenneth Cho died in his sleep on his couch in his living room.  Five days after returning to the United States Kenneth’s employer called the police and had them do a welfare check at his residence. This was when Kenneth Cho, the 1st American victim of the Plague was discovered dead.
      It was another three weeks before the Center for Disease Control realized there was a world wide epidemic, a pandemic going on. The President of the United States declared Martial Law, suspended most civil rights, and ordered and entire nation into quarantine.  But it was already too late the Plaque had worked its way across the country, back over seas, and then back the USA several times being carried and transmitted by international air travelers. The military mobilized all its reserves and even recalled veterans who had been discharged over the last few years in an effort to enforce the quarantine, maintain order, and keep essential services like the utilities and food distribution networks going.
In all 20 million Americans perished in the 1st month. The disease’s mortality rate was not astronomical. It wasn’t the 99% like Captain Tripps in the old Stephen King novel The Stand. The plague ultimately infected 50% of the US population killing off more an one third total. One hundred million people perished within a few months time. World wide, the plaque was much more brutal killing off nearly ½ the worlds population. Densely populated countries like China, India, Japan and the European nations were hit very hard. Third world countries didn’t fair much better with Brazil loosing over 100 million people.
      The plaque irreparably changed the world, it became a dark, dangerous, frightenly brutal and violent new world. Old enemies sensing weakness in their neighbors attacked. India and Pakistan fought a brief but devastating war that ended when Islamabad and New Delhi where a smoking pit of nuclear ash. South Korea invaded and took over North Korea. The “massive” North Korean Army could not stand against its more populous and well fed neighbor too the south.  The South managed to destroy the North’s nuclear stockpile. China was simply way to busy managing the plague to  help its  lap dog. Israel severely depopulated the middle east of its religion of peace practitioners with its nuclear stockpile. Iran and Syria when up 1st. The Royal Saudia Airforce tried to engage the Israeli Air Force, and while both nations flew F-15s, the Saudis were no match for the Israelis. In one day all of Israel’s enemies were decapitated and decimated. The Russians recaptured several of their former territories and Vladimir Putin stayed true to his word. He fumigated the entire Chechen population within 6 months. Decrying “there will NEVER be another Beslan” The new soviet army committed genocide after genocide.
Thus began the new world. This is the story of those who survived it, and for some, those who did not.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Break up that wall of text!
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#2]
So good premise to start.

The big question i was left asking myself was about how the militarties did all this while such a virulent sickness going around?

Since it was mutating so quickly, did it burn out or loose potency?  Ie. those infected died quick and took the virus with them or was there a significant portion of the population that were immune?  (The thought being that even if only 20% of the population became sick quickly it would completely overwhelm the medical systems and breakdown society to a large extent.)
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So good premise to start.

The big question i was left asking myself was about how the militarties did all this while such a virulent sickness going around?

Since it was mutating so quickly, did it burn out or loose potency?  Ie. those infected died quick and took the virus with them or was there a significant portion of the population that were immune?  (The thought being that even if only 20% of the population became sick quickly it would completely overwhelm the medical systems and breakdown society to a large extent.)
View Quote

Look at the timeline for the spanish flu and world war 1.
U bring up an interesting idea re potency. Shades of "the Andromeda Strain"
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd read it.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Plaque?
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd read it.

View Quote

well good here is moar:
I broke up the text wall.
Chapter 2 part 1 Joe

“I have to get the fuck out of here and soon or this bug or the Army or the gang bangers or my hungry neighbors are going to get me” Joe said aloud as he watched the National Guard troops going down the street throwing out food packages onto peoples front steps. Joe wished he’d bugged out sooner but he thought this bug was going to over quickly so he had bugged in. he had plenty of food and water stored and even had a little wind generator mounted on his roof. If the power went out he could still power a couple of lights and his Ipad.

But that was two weeks ago. It had been 5 weeks since Kenneth Cho, patient zero, had been found dead, drowned in his own blood when virus burst the blood vessels in his lungs. The world had changed radically in that time.
I need to get to the cabin and ride this out, not here he thought. The cabin had been left to Joe by his uncle who had passed away some years before. Joe had shared his father’s younger brother’s passion for the outdoors so Uncle Bobby left the cabin to Joe in his will. Joe had made some improvements and stocked it with plenty of firewood, food, ammo, and other essentials..

The city was pretty well locked down. Even with all the reserves called up there were not enough troops to effectively patrol in the city but there were enough to keep people contained with in it. Roadblocks manned the roads in and out of town and the country side was being patrolled by drones. Anyone caught trying to leave got shot. Anyone trying to get out via cross-country had an Apache helicopter kill them with 30mm cannon fire.

The authorities were leaving the people already out in the rural areas alone. In fact they ignored the rural areas. The government was trying to keep the bug contained in the major population centers and trying to keep the mutated versions from jumping from one city to the next. So far they hadn’t been too successful but it didn’t keep them trying.
Joe had been sending up a remotely controlled drone he had built the year before to scout out the area. He knew the local grocery store was being used to distribute the food packages. Trucks would come in at night drop off food and the soldiers would divide it up deliver it. Problem was it was never enough food nor was it frequent enough. People were slowing starving to death, well except for Joe he had 6 months of stored food. He had to get out eventually people would get desperate, people were already desperate, 30 people had been killed 2 days before at a food riot on the other side of town. “If the neighbors found out he food?” He’d be a dead man., and they would figure it out soon enough.

The only way out of town was in one of those food trucks. Joe would have to get a ride inside one of those trucks. That meant he’d have to go out in public, make it to the store, get past the national guard security, and bribe a truck driver. Not an easy task to do. Normally a civilian would no chance at all with such a crazy plan. But Joe wasn’t an ordinary civilian. He was survivalist. He had done a lot of reading over the years and the communist ruler of China Mao Tse Tung’s word rang in his head:

“The Guerilla must move among the people as a fish swims in the sea”

Yes Joe would move through the people out there like a fish swims in the sea. Joe had the tools and the knowledge to do so. But would Joe have the luck?

Chapter 1 part 2 Asha

Asha was starving. She had run out of food 3 days before. The soldiers had not dropped off any food in front of the town home for a week. Her roommates, a blond girl from Tennessee, and a Chinese girl from Beijing, had died of the bug two weeks ago. Asha had not grown ill during the crisis.
          But Asha was not lucky.  Far from it in fact, She had been on Skype with her mother when the Pakistani missile carrying a 450 kiloton nuclear warhead detonated over New Delhi. Asha’s parents and siblings had lived in a crowded apartment about 2 kilometers from the epicenter of the blast.  One moment her mother was grilling her about her grades (she was an engineering student and the classes were very hard) and the next moment the connection was simply terminated.
          Asha found out about an hour later what had happened to her family. The blonde girl from Tennessee, Mandy, had been watching tv when the president broke the news of the nuclear exchange between Pakistan and India.
        At first she was too stunned to say anything. Finally she had broken down and cried. Mandy came down with the illness later that night and died 3 days later. Yuan passed away the day after that. In the course of a week Asha lost her entire family, her roommates, and due to the quarantine, her country. She couldn’t even leave the city much less go back to India. Even if I were able to go back home, then what? She had no family, no money; the bank the family kept their money was surely incinerated.
         None of that mattered now because she hadn’t eaten anything in three days. She had to get some food. She cleaned up, got dressed, put on a surgical mask and peered outside. She didn’t see anyone . She opened the front door, looked around, locked it and took off down the street toward the grocery store that is being used for food distribution. Halfway down the street she ducked into the alley as to avoid being seen. She walked a few blocks and as she was about to turn a corner she heard a rumbling noise. She stopped short and peered around it. There was a large semi truck idling in the alley. She walked down the length of the truck and was a few past it when she heard voice shout “Hey! Whatcha doing?”
        Asha  spun around towards the sound of the voice. There was an older bearded man wearing a ball cap looking down at her from the cab of the big rig.

“I said whatca doing there? I thought civilians were supposed to be off the streets till this bug has burned itself out.”

“I-I-I was looking for something to eat, the Army men have not dropped any food off infront of my townhouse in a week. I am very hungry. Do you have any food?”

“I sure do little lady I’m essential personnel as they put for the duration. I deliver food to the distribution center. I’ve got some lemonade and some sandwiches up here in the truck you’re welcome to them.”

Asha was uncertain about getting into the truck. It did not seem like a good idea.

“Can I just have the sandwich?”

“Sure little lady hold on a sec while I get it from the fridge”

The trucker appeared in the window a moment later and tossed her a tuna salad sandwich.  She thanked him and began eating at the sandwich greedily as she continued her walk to the store..
Asha never tasted the Rohypnol in the sandwich. She passed out a hundred yards from the truck.

Roofies the driver thought it gets em every time  as he eased the big rig down the alley to pick up his latest piece of entertainment.

Link Posted: 10/7/2013 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
and Moar:

Chapter 1 Part 3 Carson

Carson worked as long haul trucker traveling from one side of the country hauling just about everything. When people asked what Carson is he’d tell them he was a trucker. Carson was lying. He was not a trucker. Trucking is what Carson did for a living. What Carson really was, was a serial killer.
Trucking gave Carson long periods of time to himself, which he enjoyed, but more importantly it gave Carson a vast and fertile ground to stalk his prey. That hunting ground stretched from the Florida Keys to Vermont, New York to L.A., parts of Canada, and even Alaska to practice his “hobby”.
       It was such an easy hobby.  Most serial killers lived seemingly normal lives. Dennis Rader the BTK killer had a family and was an active member of his church. Living a normal life is what gets each and every one of them caught. Sometimes it takes decades but eventually all the ones leading normal “cover” lives get caught. They tend to operate in small areas, which bring increased law enforcement attention to their activities, and eventually someone they know suspects something is wrong and says something to someone.
       But a trucker? A trucker lives a solitary life and is away from “home” weeks at a time. He is everywhere all the time. So a runaway girl who goes missing in Racine and a Lot Lizard who goes missing out side of New Orleans those disappearances never gets linked.
       Runaways were the best. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. They always came from broken homes were Mom was looser usually and addict of some kind, If Dad was around he was always a looser of some sort. Most of the girls he picked up had been abused and usually sexually. They would show up in truck stops and bus stations bewildered, hungry, no place to go or sleep.  A simple “Whatcha doing?” broke the ice with most of them. The majority would offer him their body for a warm place to sleep and belly full of food. Carson provided both and always took advantage of the offer.
Usually the victim would wake in the morning with gag tightly stuffed in her mouth, naked, and her wrists and ankles bound with handcuffs. Carson had built a compartment under the bed in the sleeper cab where he kept his latest “acquisition”. Later he would stop at one of the remote locations he had rented around the country. A cabin here, a trailer there, out in the middle of nowhere. That’s where Carson would have his fun.
        Oh such fun! he thought as he scooped Asha up off the ground and carried her back to his truck. You and I are going to have such fun together!  Well I’m going to have fun, you my dear are going to spend the last days of your life in sheer pain and terror! He thought gleefully.
He stripped Asha naked, handcuffed her hands behind her back, cuffed her ankles together and gagged her. She never felt any of it being under the influence of the sedative. He opened to the compartment and placed her in it for safe keeping. He didn’t want the army guys he had to deal with next accidently find her in the back of the truck. He couldn’t risk her awaking prematurely and banging around the inside of the cab. That would bring unwanted attention.

He got back in the drivers seat and headed toward the grocery store.

Chapter 1 part 4 Joe
   Joe was crazy. No I’m fuckin crazy he thought here goes nothing as he stepped out into the alley behind his house. I’m either gonna get shot or I’m gonna be in the back of  a truck headed out of here in a few hours.
Joe worked a security consultant and specialized in miniature electronic surveillance.  A few days before, during a bad storm, he had flown his octocopter “drone” to the grocery store. Slung underneath the robotic copter was a surveillance package Joe had built himself. It included both omni and unidirectional microphones, a transmitter, and two cameras.  None was a normal 1080p hidef model and the other was low end thermal unit. The whole think was strapped the chassis of a 4x4 radio control truck..

The octocopter had dropped off the package on he store’s roof during the storm. With the lightning and thunder the troops never heard the nearly silent electric machine swoop in and drop the RC truck.

For the next two days Joe gathered a plethora of intel on the comings and goings of troops and trucks. Schedules, Names, dates, times, habits, the scuttlebutt news everything. No one bothered to check the roof. Why would they? They had been there for weeks. The building was secure. No one could get past the NVG equipped sentries. No one could paratroop in on them. No the soldiers all believed any threats would come from outside the perimeter, and that’s what allowed Joe to gather his Intel.
Joe walked briskly down the alley. He was dressed in an Army MOPP suit complete with gas mask and gloves. Underneath the MOPP suit he had on the current field uniform of the us army complete with the rank of Major. He had a fake military ID that identified him as a Major in the US Army’s supply chain. After 6 blocks he encountered the sentries for the grocery store. He talked his way through the sentries easily. After all the Major had to be a Major right? What civilian would have a complete uniform, ID, and MOPP gear?
Joe spoke with the LT in charge of the unit, went over a few things on their schedule, told the LT he was doing a good job etc. The LT had no reason to believe Joe was anything other than who he said he was. Joe simply new too much about the operations in the area, how would someone know such details if he wasn’t involved in the operation?
Finally after 45 minutes of “inspecting “ Joe managed to corner the driver.

“Hey driver what’s your name?”

“Carson Sir”

“Where are you headed next Carson? You know after here?”

“I am headed back to the main distribution center for the region for another load of food. The its on to Kansas City with the load. Why?”

“How would you like $10,000 for an hours work?”

Shit. What is this solider up too? Ten grand is a lot of money.

“Simple pickup and drop off. You pick up a load of cargo at the address I’ll give you and drive it out of town and drop it off”

“What’s the cargo?”

“You’ll see when you pick it up. You have ramps in that trailer right?”

“Yeah I do.  But I want more than 10k. Make it 20.”
Shit that’s nearly all of my available cash  Joe thought.

“Fifteen thousand. I’ll give you 5k up front. You screw me and I’ll have your permits revoked and thrown into a camp with the sick. Got it?”

This guy is bluffing. He wants to move something that he can’t move through normal channels. Drugs? No he’d want that taken to anther city. Family? Maybe he has family he wants moved out of here…wait. Where is this guy’s hummer? He doesn’t have one! He glanced at the address it was 6 blocks from here. Son of a bitch! It’s him! This guy is no major in the army! He’s a con man who wants out of town. Pretty good con man he’s got all these guys fooled. I could rat him out right now but that might get me more scrutiny than I want. I can’t afford to have anyone find out about my new “toy” I have in the cab. Plus I’d like this asshole’s money and stuff.
“Ok 15k you got the 5k on you?”

Joe slipped him a roll of hundreds and the trucker slipped it into his pocket without looking at it.

“I’ll count it later. If your short I won’t show up. We’ll be done here in 15 minutes I’ll see you after that”

“Sounds good see you then”

I’ll see your dumb ass dumped in a ditch, me 15k richer and I’ll have all your shit. Can’t wait to see what this guy is bringing with him.

Joe walked out the center and back home. Unbeknownst to the danger that lay ahead.

Link Posted: 10/7/2013 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Please God just finish it please.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

?

uh does it suck?
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not always a MOAR monster, but when I am, it's because PAW serial killer...
I wonder how much it would cost to build the drone you describe.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#11]
the sauce is thickening for the goose........I like it
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

?

uh does it suck?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

uh does it suck?

It doesn't suck, but they're are too many stories that end half-way through.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#13]
It's off to a great start, keep it up!
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

?

uh does it suck?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

uh does it suck?

No. But I was attempting (poorly) that it is rare that stories are ever finished. and I hope you finish this one on this site. This story is good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#15]
well its gonna get better. I worked on the story yesterday but got interrupted before I could finish what i was working on. be looking for more to be posted this afternoon/evening.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I got happy...

then I read this:
Quoted:
well its gonna get better. I worked on the story yesterday but got interrupted before I could finish what i was working on. be looking for more to be posted this afternoon/evening.
View Quote

Now I has a sad.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No need for it to get better. MORE MORE MORE!!!!!! All the way to the end.... The end is what never appears guys get busy.. lost interest and then Boo hoo....another story hanging. So hopefully you will break the cycle.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Tagaroony!
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Chapter 2 Part 1 Joe

Joe made his back to his house. I don’t trust that son of a bitch. He was way to quick to take my money and agree to the job. That, and there is just something not right with that guy . I can’t put my finger on it but that boy ain’t right. I need to be on my A game with this guy.
     Joe already had his mini van and trailer packed and ready to go. He made sure any computer equipment behind was already wiped, safe cleared out, paper trash burned etc. He couldn’t afford to have anyone find out where he was going next. He made some special preparations for dealing with the truck driver, Carson.
He dug through his bag of tricks for some of his special gear. He got out what he called a “Sticky Cam”. It was a wireless 1080p wifi camera with a 120-degree lens. On the back of the camera was a swatch of industrial strength Velcro attached. He readied an matching swatch and put it all in his pocket.
     He pulled his van and trailer out on the street. Neighbors watched from their windows but none dared to go outside. A Few minutes later the truck from the grocery store pulled up and around his van out front. Carson shut off the big rid and got out.
“The van and the trailer I take it?

“Yeah and me too I’ll be riding in the back”

Yeap I called it.  Gonna pop this fool in the head and dump him a ditch. I know the perfect stretch of road to do it too.

“Alright help me with the ramps”

Joe and his would be killer wrestled the wide, heavy, and long ramps into place. When Carson wasn’t looking Joe affixed the Sticky Cam to the side of the trailer. Once the ramps were deployed Joe drove the van and the trailer up into the back of the big rigs trailer. Joe climbed out to help Carson sling the ramps back under the trailer. Once that was complete Joe climbed back into the back of the trailer and Carson closed the doors.
    The trucked lurched it way through the city stopping at several check points along the way. Joe kept watch via his “sticky cam” and tracked their progress on his gps. He noted when they passed the city limits.
It was another 30 minutes before the trucked slowed to a stop. Joe looked at the GPS they were in the middle of BFE.
    That could be good or bad. Either he’s letting me off here or he’s gonna try to roll me.
Joe got his pistol, a Glock 17, ready to go. He watched Carson approach the back of the trailer..GUN!!! I just saw a gun in his waist band! MOTHER FUCKER!
    Carson started to un do the latches for the door when Joe sprang into action. As soon as the door started to open, Joe kicked it as hard and as violently as he could. The door was heavy but it slammed open and caught the truck driver serial killer in the face and knocked him to the ground. Joe leaped for the truck Glock 9mm in hand.
    Carson was flat on his back, clutching his face and screaming “MOTHER FUCKER! YOU BROKE MY NOSE!”
    “TOSS THAT GUN OVER THERE DO IT NOW OR I’LL KILL YOU!”
    Carson did as he was told and carefully drew the gun, a berretta 92fs, and tossed it into the grass on the shoulder of the road. Joe circled around, retrieved the pistol, and slipped it into the small of his back.
   “OK Fuck Face close the trailer up!” Joe motioned with his Glock toward the door. Carson looking angry and sullen with blood streaming down from his nose and into his beard obeyed Joe command.
   “Where are your truck keys?” Joe demanded.
   “Right here in my pocket”
  “Throw them too me” Carsen did was he was ordered.
  “Now start walking that way” Joe gestured toward to the city.
    “Hey man you can’t do this!”
    “I can and I am. I’m gonna drive this rig about 10 miles up the road and unload my stuff and drive off.I figure it will take you about 3-4 hours to hike up the road to your truck. Oh and turn out your pockets.”
Carson did as ordered but Joe’s roll of cash wasn’t in them.
   “Where is my money mother fucker?”
   “its in the cab inside the door”
Joe checked the door and found his money inside the door.
“Adios dick breath!” Joe shouted as he started the big rig up and drove off.

You mother fucker. I am going to find you and when I do you are going to pay. I am going to kill you slowly. Like that killer in Seven. I’m gonna do you sloth. Its going to take a year for you to die. Then I’m going to find your friends and your family and I’m going to do them too you son of a bitch!

Joe wasn’t experienced at driving a big rig but with no traffic on the road he managed to get it up to 20 miles an hour. Thirty minutes later head eased the big truck to a stop and shut off the engine. His hand was on the door handle when heard a muffled thump.

Chapter 2 part 2 Asha and Joe

Asha awoke to complete darkness. What? What is going on? What is in my mouth? She tried to push the gag out and could not. Then she tied to pick the gag out with he hand only to find he hands were bound behind her. She tried to kick her feet but the cuffs bit into her flesh painfully. OH NO! WHAT IS GOING ON? WHAT IS HAPPENING? She tried to wiggle around in the cramped dark space. And realized to horror she wasn’t just bound and gagged, she was naked too.
       Oh no no no no no! No this isn’t happening, its not happening, this is some kind of bad dream this is a nightmare! she began crying and kicking her feet against the walls of the tiny compartment despite the pain. That did not help so she began to pray Lord Vishnu “Om shreem krishnaya shreem shreem shreem govindaya gopalaya goloka sundaraya sathyaya nithyaya paramathmane paraya vykhanasaya vyrajamoorthaye meghathmane shreem narasimhavapushe namah”

She kept repeating the Hindu prayer over and over and over again while still kicking away at the dark stuff cell she was imprisoned in. Suddenly her tiny world exploded into light.

Joe had heard a muffled thumping sound from the back the truck’s sleeper cab and had gone to investigate. He turned on all the lights in the cab and listened for the thump. He heard the sound again and it was coming from under the mattress. He lifted up the matress to find a 5 foot long by 2 foot wide hatch on top of a strong wooden box. Wtf is this? he though. He un did the latches on the box and opened it.

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT! Joe thought there is a chained up naked Hispanic women in this box!
       Joe knelt down in front of the box to take a closer look. The woman was young early 20s or late teens and he face was puffed up from crying. Holy Fuck I should have shot that piece of shit of a truck driver.
“Miss hold on a second while I get this gag off you” Joe reached in and carefully undid the gag from the poor girls mouth.
“Lord Vishnu thank you oh great on for saving me!” Asha blurted out in Hindi.
“Wow Lady I no habla Espanola  or whatever language that is do you understand English?”
Asha hesitated for a moment to  focus. The light was making her squint and was not helping the roofie induced headache she was suffering from. The figure before her was speaking English. It was not Lord Vishnu. It was a man, a white man, an American man.
“I-I-I understand you I’m sorry I thought you were someone else”
“Well that’s ok, I’m not going to hurt you. I’m going to reach in and help you out of this box ok? I’m going to touch you ok? I’m going to be gentle alight?”
I’m naked and chained up in a box. I really don’t have a choice here anyway she thought.
“Yes that would be great please get me out of here and unchain me!”
Joe lifted the young woman from out of the miniature dungeon and set her down on the floor of cab next to her prison and lifted her up right.
“Let me see if I can find the keys to these cuffs ok? How tight and don’t go anywhere ok?”
Where am I going to go?
“Ok”
Joe fished around on the trucks key chain and sure enough there was a pair of handcuff keys,
“Ok miss I want you to extend your legs out straight ok?”
Asha did as instructed.  She had no choice anyway. This man did not seem to be the one responsible for her abduction. She thought a moment No this is not him the man who did this was that bearded trucker. He must have drugged that sandwhich he gave me.
         Joe carefully unshackled her ankles and then turned to her “Ok lean forward and I’ll get your hands” Asha once again did as Joe instructed. Within a moment Asha was free from her bonds. But she wasn’t out of the woods yet she was sitting on the floor of the truck, naked, with an unknown man standing over her.
“Are you going to hurt me?”
“No absolutely not can you stand up?”
Asha rose to her feet and looked around for her clothes, she looked into the box and saw them in the bottom.
“Listen I’m gonna go outside so you can get dressed. When you feel up to it come on outside I’ll be at the back of the trailer. Oh my names Joe by the way.”
“Ok I will see you in a moment I am Asha”
Pretty name. Wonder where she is from? She’s not Mexican that for sure. Not with that accent. India? Pakistan maybe?
Joe wrestled with the heavy ramps for a few minutes. Asha collected her self and got dressed. What should I do? We aren’t in the city anymore? I have no food no vehicle no friends and no family. I only have the clothes on my back. I will go talk to this man Joe.
Asha came around the back of the truck as Joe was trying to maneuver the heavy ramp into place. Asha hurriedly moved to help him.
“let me help you with that!”
“Oh thanks”
The two of them got the ramp into place and Joe then backed his van and trailer down the ramps and onto the street.

“Ok um listen I’m leaving this area I’ve got a cabin about a thousand miles away I am headed to. I don’t know what to do with you. You can’t go back to the city, you can’t stay here, and the only other person around for miles is that son of a bitch who abducted you. If you want to come with me you can, there are no strings attached to that offer either” Joe felt compelled to throw that in. He did not want her thinking she was going from the fire to the frying pan, trading one son of a bitch for lesser son of a bitch.
Asha pondered Joe statement. This Joe seems to be a good man besides I really have no other choice. Right now I have nothing. The only thing I have is the clothes on my back.He’s right. I can’t stay here, I cannot go back. Even if I could go back what would I return to? Starvation? Death? Rape? All of the above I’m sure. I nearly got the rape part today!  
“I will go with you if youw ill have me, but I must ask you something what did you mean by “there are no strings attached to that offer?”
“I meant I’m not the kind of man who takes advantage of a woman who is in a bad situation that’s all”
He means I do not have to sleep with him is what he is saying.
“Ok I will go with you. I have nothing. I have nothing back there to go back to so I will go with you. But I must ask you something. Do you have anything to eat? I have not eaten in almost 4 days?”
Joe smiled “Ever have an MRE?”

“What is an MRE?” Asha asked as they climbed into Joe’s minivan.
“The greatest meal you’ll ever hate” he replied handing her a plastic package and a knife to open it. Asha ate it while they drove off. It was the best and worst meal of her life.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Did Joe touché her? lol
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Did Joe touché her? lol
View Quote

Do you have anything to contribute or are you just here to critize a typo?
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Ug! just a small taste. But thankS.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmmm, good start, but Joe seems a little hasty to move... maybe that one track mindedness will come back to bite him later.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ug! just a small taste. But thankS.
View Quote

thanks for reading. I'll try to knock out more tomorrow for you guys. Keep in mind this story is an ever evolving story. originally I was going to have Joe kill Carson but I have decided a serial killing truck driver in the paw would be an interesting villain.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#25]
need more
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
need more
View Quote

ask and ye shall recieve:

Chapter 3

Asha finished up the MRE as they drove along. “Thank you so much for this, I had not eaten in a long time”
“Your welcome” I wonder were she is from?  Joe pondered I’ll ask her.
“So where are you from? You know originally?”
“Originally?”
“Well yeah you know the accent where ya from”
“I’m from New Delhi in India”
Ah ha I guessed right. Oh duh the university in town she’s probably a student!  Wait what? New Delhi? Ah jeez!
“Oh wow I’m sorry about that”
Asha sighed “My entire family was killed in the attack. My mother my father all of my brothers and sisters. All of them. I have no one now”
Oh jeez wow poor girl. On top of that she got abducted and nearly raped. Man when it rains for this girl it pours.
“But I do not want to talk about it now. Why we you in such a hurry to leave that truck behind? Why not call the authorities?”
“Well for one thing you don’t have to call the authorities. The truck has GPS tracking in it. I work in electronic surveillance truckers are watched pretty closely by the companies they work for. Right now they are calling him to see why he’s not moving. With no one answering someone will be along shortly to check on him.  Secondly you and I are not supposed to be outside the city. We would have to explain how you and I broke quarantine, how you got drugged and abducted, how I paid your abductor to get me out, then truck jacked the guy at gun point. Then I’d have to explain why I am in possession of a lot more food and fuel than what I am legally allowed to have right now oh and then there are the assault rifles ammo and suppressors I have to.”
Asha eyes widened “You have guns!?”
“Yes I do. Those guns are what allowed me to truck jack that guy and ultimately lead me to finding you chained up in that box. If it weren’t for my gun I’d be dead in a ditch right now and you’d be on your way to a short and very miserable life.”
Asha didn’t like guns but on this she knew Joe was right. If he hadn’t come along when he did…. she shuddered at the thought.
“So what is your plan?” and what are your plans for me?
“Well we need to put maximum distance between us and that truck but we cannot be out after dark. That gives us about 3 more hours. We will need to find someplace to hole up for the night, someplace that can shield the van’s and ours heat signatures from any patrolling aircraft or drones. I think I know just the spot. There is an abandoned train tunnel about 3 hours from here and that’s where we will make camp for the night.”
“I see so you want to avoid the authorities and their prying eyes then?”
“Just in this area, tomorrow night we’ll be well away from this area. I doubt anyone will be looking for us then we’ll be far enough away from “the scene of the crime” so to speak.”
“Oh ok”

They drove on and chit chatted on their way to the train tunnel. She talked about her studies her late roommates Joe talked about his time in the Army, high school,  his job and the traveling he did. Eventually the conversations turned more personal.

“So you aren’t or weren’t married before the plague?”
“No I wasn’t too much traveling not enough time. Didn’t even have time for dog, love dogs, but just no time. What about you?”
“None in my country it is custom for the parents to arrange marriage. They and the grooms parents would come to an agreement”
Joe was aghast. WHAT? IS SHE KIDDING?”
“You’re kidding right? You’re not serious are you?”
Asha looked right at him and said “I am dead serious. That is how my people do it.  As soon as I would have gotten my degree they would have been shopping for a husband for me.”
Joe was a bit shocked at this. They drove in silence till their cut off which was only a few minutes anyway. Joe eased the van long the side of old washed out train bed. The van was an old GMC Safari all wheel drive with a big V6 so it handled the washed out train bed with ease. After 10 minutes of bone jarring driving they arrived at the tunnel.
“Aren’t you afraid a train will come along??” Asha asked.
“No this line hasn’t been used in years the track is ½ way rusted through, fish plates are missing, ties are all rotted out. No ones coming”
“Where are we sleeping do you have a tent or something?”
“Oh you didn’t look in the back?”
Asha looked in the back of the van. She just assumed it was a van and hadn’t taken time to look in the back while they were on the road. The van was out fitted like a tiny RV. It had a queen sized bed, a small 12 volt powered fridge, and microwave oven and in the back corner of the van was a plug in AC unit.
“I’ve got a generator in the trailer we can hook to to run the AC and the Microwave although the temperature in the tunnel is pretty cool I think we’ll wind up needing extra blankets.”
Asha went into the woods to go to the bathroom. When asked if she could handle going without a toilet she just laughed and said it wouldn’t be problem He’s never been to India! Joe planted wireless night vision cameras and seismic detectors at each end of the old tunnel wile Asha used the “facilities”.
As they ate dinner in the back of the van Asha realized she was going to be sharing his bed tonight. He said he was not the kind of man who takes advantage of a woman in distress I will trust him.
Finally they made their preparations for bed. Asha turned her head while Joe got undressed and put on his sleeping clothes which was a yellow t-shirt with a logo on it that said “Banana Slugs” and a pair of gym shorts. Once Joe finished getting dressed she said to him “I do not have any other clothes do you have something I could wear?”
“Sure” Joe fished out another T shirt and a pair of gym shorts for her and then turned away so she could get dressed. She stripped, and replaced her clothes with the ones joe gave her. The shirt was a like a tent on her she was only 5 foot 5 and 120 lbs and Joe was 5’11 and 190 so Joe’s shirt was huge. She had to tie the shorts pull string tight to keep them from coming off.
Joe turned around once she was done and looked her over. “Congratulations you look like a Indian woman in a tent.”
“Well its not any worse than when I wear our traditional Sari then it looks like I am wearing a fancy bed sheet”

Joe caught himself checking out her legs, he had tried not to look at her when she was chained up in the truck earlier in the day he didn’t want to seem like he was leering at her or anything. He noticed her ankles were chaffed. Those handcuffs did that to her. Anger rose up in him. How could someone be so evil? How could someone hurt such a nice pretty girl like Asha? I hope I never see that trucker again I’ll kill him if it do.

“Hey your ankles are chaffed up let me put pout some ointment on them and bandage them ok?” Joe got out the medical kit and doctored her ankles.
He’s so gentle Asha thought.
Finally Joe killed the lights and they crawled into the bed. Joe rolled over to one side away from her and said “Ok time to sleep…oh and no funny business young lady”
Asha stiffened at the comment what? Does he think I am un chaste?
“What? I’m no Miley Cyrus!” and she smacked his shoulder with her hand.
Joe giggled “Keep your shirt on sister I was only kidding good night!”
Asha rolled over and tried to sleep. It was hard to fall asleep after the days events. She started off hungry with no one, was drugged, abducted, stripped, chained, rescued, fed, clothed and now was sleeping in the same bed with a man whom she had only known a few hours. But eventually the sandman came calling. Sleep was full of fit full nightmares the leering face of the trucker haunted her.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#28]
God stuff!
Add Moms basement, and Joe could be "Joe Arfcommer"
I can see the next chapter coming up: Asha learns to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Chapter 4

Asha woke to find she was spooning Joe. Her face was buried in the back of his neck, her body hugging his back, and her arm wrapped around him. She was alarmed at this. What happened last night? Did he drug me? Did he trick me? Wha..oh I fell asleep I must have gotten cold or something. Now what do I do? If I move I’ll wake him!
She tried to carefully remove her arm from around him when suddenly he said “I was wondering how long I’d have to lay here with you spooning me. I take it you got cold in the middle of the night didn’t you?”
SHIT!
“Oh I’m sorry I didn’t mean to…uh” she stammered.

He giggled at her awkwardness “Its ok. You got cold, you spooned me, its not like you felt me up or anything.” Asha face would have gone white if it could and then it would have turned beet red if she had been a white woman.
“I-I-I di di ..”
“Its alright I’m just giving you a hard time you didn’t do anything to embarrass yourself or to embarrass me so don’t worry about it ok? This is the 1st time you’ve slept in a bed with a man isn’t it? Don’t worry you’re fine”
She sighed with relief. He was just messing with her he wasn’t upset at all. She did not want to upset him. He was nice to her and frankly right now, without him, she’d be dead or starving.
He rolled over to face her “Ok lets start over Good Morning how did you sleep?”
“Ok I guess it took me awhile to fall asleep through”
“Well I need to use a tree so I need to get up.”
Joe got out of bed and climbed out the back of the cold mini van and proceeded out of the tunnel toward the tree line. Asha scooted over into the spot Joe was just in. it was warm and it made her feel secure.
Joe returned to the van a few minutes later and rousted her and she took her turn doing her business. When she came back she found him cooking a wonderful smelling breakfast.  She knew that smell eggs and bacon!
“Hey you should let me do that” she said.
“Oh its ok I got it”
“No cooking is a womans job not the mans I will do it” and with that she shooed him away from the camp stove. She inquired as to how he liked his bacon and served him his food 1st then cooked her own meal. Joe tried to handle the clean up and she once again shooed him away saying that it’s a womans job. Joe instead got dressed and retrieved the cameras from the ends of the tunnel.  Wonder what that was about? He thought You’d think she wouldn’t mind if the guy pitched in to help.
He’s so western she thought he was sweet for trying to cook breakfast but he’s done so much for me I have to do my job. Be the woman.
Finally they loaded up in the van and proceeded back down the cut and back onto the road. “Ok the plan for today is two objectives. One we need to find a general store or a department store or even a dollar store that is open. We need to find you clothes, toiletries, makeup, feminine products, everything. You can’t wear the same clothes every day besides the flip flops aren’t goning to cut where we are going.”
“Secondly we need to find a motel or a campground that is open. I knew I wasn’t going to make to the cabin in 2 days and if I was by myself I wouldn’t care but between yesterdays late start and the shopping we’ll do today we won’t make there till either late tomorrow or early the next day and we are both going to be ripe by tonight.”
They drove for a couple of hours and then pulled into a small town off the highway. They drove slowly through its meager downtown area till they found a general store that had a lit open sign. They pulled in and parked Joe said to her
“When we go in there I’ll do the talking and I’ll pay for everything. Don’t look at price tags, just get what you need if we can’t get it all here don’t sweat it we’ll find it in another town. Ok? Oh and get plenty. Don’t get 3 or 4 outfits get enough for 2 weeks at a time and if they have winter clothes get that too.”

Joe and Asha entered the store. It wasn’t large but it had a bit of everything. Clothes, food, well would have had food but it was pretty much wiped, medical supplies, personal items like deodorant, soap, makeup etc.  Ahsa did as she was told and filled the cart 1st with feminine and personal hygiene products and then made her way over to the clothing sections. Joe went over to the old lady at counter and struck up a conversation.
“Hello I’m surprised to see this place open considering…”
“Well I live in the apartment above so I’m not breaking quarantine not that it matters around. The sheriff doesn’t have any manpower they all got sent over to the city to help out there. Us country folks is on our own out here anyway and life has to go on. I been around a bunch of sick, some died some didn’t but I never got sick.” She eyed the growing mountain of clothes Asha was piling into the cart and said “Your lady friend is on quite the shopping spree. Do you intend to pay for all of that?” She said while reaching under the counter.

Old lady’s got a gat under that counter better play this cool.
“Yes mam I do” Joe slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out the roll of 100s he had taken back from Carson “We are good for it. We had to leave in a hurry and she didn’t get to pack her things.”
That ain’t the whole truth but whatever. Older man with the young Mexican girl or whatever she is. None of my business anyway, Its just nice to have a paying customer for once.
Joe continued to shoot the breeze with the old lady when another car pulled up in the front of the store. It was a dark red chevy impala with large chromed rims and dark tinted windows. It sat there for a minute before the doors swung open. Three young black males in attire best suited to a ghetto got out and made for the door.
Oh SHIT! Joe thought this couldn’t be good. No not good at all.

The three men entered the store and fanned out. One came toward Joe and the clerk one headed for the back of the store and the other headed for Asha who was oblivious to what was going on. The clerk realized what was about to go down. Joe sidestepped to give the store clerk a clear line of sight, while getting ready to draw his concealed Glock 17.
The one nearest to Joe drew a small pistol from under his shirt and yelled “Get down this here is a robbery!” The old lady clerk pulled a double barrel sawed off shotgun from under the counter and swung it up at the one shouting. Joe watched in slow motion as the two exchanged fire. The gangbangers rounds when wild and high as he fired in a panic. The old lady with the sawed off Gauge let her opponent have it with both barrels. Joe didn’t know it but it was OO buck rounds and they simply shredded the ‘banger’s upper chest. He went down dead before he could hit the floor.
The one in the back witnessing the death of his compatriot drew an old revolver and began moving toward Joe and the old lady while firing. He assumed the old lady was still a threat but with an empty shotgun she was just a target. He didn’t see Joe with his Glock out.  Joe fired 4 times hitting the guy 3 times in the chest sending him sprawling to the floor. Joe advanced on the guy and pumped 3 more rounds into him while he was one the ground firing the last one into his head. Joe couldn’t afford for the guy to get back up. There was still one bad guy left and he was only a few feet away from Asha who by now realized they were in a lot of trouble but she was frozen solid in fear…..

to be continuted on Tuesday. I will not be able to work on this story on the weekend or monday.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#30]
shootout at the Dolla Gen!
sweet!
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#31]
It's tuesday!
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's tuesday!
View Quote

Calm down Beavis here it is:

Continued

Asha watched in painfully slow motion as the gangbanger lurched toward her. She could see he had a knife in his right hand. Asha shrugged off the fear she felt and sprung into action. She pivoted toward her attacker and stepped forward into his attack. She grabbed his right wrist with her left hand to control it, stepped inside him, and punched him as hard as she could in the neck. Without looking to see his reaction,  she kicked him the groin. He dropped the knife and sank to the floor.
Asha followed him down, snaked her left hand round to the back of his shirt crossed her right under her left arm and around to the back of his shirt. From there she grabbed his collar as tight and she could spread her knees out and pushed her elbows out. She had her opponent locked into a vicious collar choke. HE tried to trash about but she cut off his oxygen supply, and in seconds he was out.
Joe and the old lady stood there stunned mouths open at the sudden ferocity of Asha’s attack.  She had completely dominated her opponent in a just a few moves and now he was unconscious on the floor literally getting the life choked out of it.
“Asha Asha stop! You’re killing that guy!” Joe shouted. Asha looked up and saw Joe over her with his gun in hand.  She released her grip on her would be attacker and got up.
“Are you ok? Did he hurt you? Are you hurt?”
Asha looked down at the now snoring criminal and said “No I hurt him
“I see that!”
“I’m calling the sheriffs posse on the radio watch that guy” the old lady said to Joe. “He moves shoot him…or better yet let your girlfriend beat his sorry ass some more”
Joe held the man at gun point until an element of the posse showed to take him into custody. The sheriff himself showed a few minutes later and took everyone’s statement. He called another element to come in and collect the two bodies before speaking with Joe and Asha.

“I talked to Marge. She told me she shot that feller over there and you shot that feller over there and that the young lady here went all Jackie Chan on the last guy and kicked his ass. My boys said when they got here that poor bastard didn’t even know his name. Looks like its going to be coloring books and crayons for him at Christmas.”
“Yeah that’s pretty much how it happened sir” Joe replied How in the blue blazes did she do that? Are Indian women ninjas or something?
“Young lady how did you do that anyway? You’re not exactly Xena Warrior Princess you know.”
Asha beamed “At school a man named Robert came to teach female students how to defend themselves. He was Jujitsu instructor. There had been some attacks on the female students so he volunteered to teach us how to defend our selves. He taught us how to take our attacker to the ground and choke him out. Robert says “If you can choke him out then he’s yours. You can then beat the shit out of him, piss on him, or run away. Always go for the choke.” So that’s what I did. I choked him out. “
Shaking his head the Sheriff replied “Well I need to get signed statements from you two and then you’re free to go. Your stories all match with Marge’s. I think you were doing some shopping when those three came in?”
“yes we were sir” Joe replied.
“Ok then finish it up and I’ll get your statements”
Asha finished getting what she needed while Marge mopped up the two pools of blood on the floor. When Asha was done she rang her up. Asha felt guilty the bill was several hundred dollars but Joe paid it with making a fuss. I should not have spent so much! Joe asked if she had everything she need and she said she did.
The sheriff came back in as they were about to leave and took their written statements.  When they were finished Joe checked the time. It was later a lot later than he wanted it to be. Damn it!
“Sheriff is there a hotel in town that’s open? We’ve been on the road two days and I’m getting a bit ripe I’d like to get a shower and find a nice soft bed tonight”

“Sure there is a motel down the road 2 blocks called the Starlight. Nice folks that own it. They are empty right now and could use the business.”
Asha and Joe loaded the van with her belongings and headed down the street. They found a quaint old 50s art deco motel on the left side of the street. The old neon sign said “Starlight Motel: Vacancy” on it. Joe pulled into the entryway at the front door. Together they got out and entered the motel lobby.
They were greeted by an older Indian woman wearing a traditional Sari dress who looked puzzled to see a White man in his early 40s and an obviously Indian woman in her early 20s standing before her.
Asha said “I’ll take care of this “ to Joe in English and then to the older woman started a conversation in Hindi with her. In moments the two were smiling and laughing in conversation,. Finally the older woman said to “Joe here is your keys sir it’s the suite at the end” She handed over the key cards to Joe. Just as they were walking out the door, the old lady said “Enjoy your honeymoon!”

Joe nearly choked. They got out of ear shot of the older lady and Joe turned to Asha. “Our HONEYMOON? WHAT THE HELL DID YOU TELL HER??”
“Calm down I told her you and I are married. I told her I was a mail order bride from New Delhi and that you were a good husband of means with a good career and that you were putting me through engineering school.”
“WHY on earth did you tell her that?
“Did you see the dot on her fore head?”
“Well yeah I know some have one and some like you don’t so”
“It’s the mark of her caste. I am a higher caste than she is. But even that would not get an unwed couple into their hotel. I told her we were married otherwise they would turn us away. The caste she is from is very very conservative and would not understand an un married Indian girl sharing a room with a man regardless of his race or caste”
“I don’t understand this “caste” thing but ok I’ll follow your lead” with that he snaked his arm through hers and held her hand on the way to the room.

The room was ok. It was an old hotel that had obviously fallen on hard times but recent repairs and upgrades could be seen. The bed was new but the sheets were not the usual hotel fair but more like something bought at the local dept store Probably was on sale. A motel this size in small town can’t bring in a lot of money. Joe thought. Asha fetched some of her things while Joe checked the room for spiders bugs and other creepy crawlies but he found none. Old room but a clean room he thought.
When Asha got back they had a bref discussion on who got to shower 1st with Joe winning because “I’m a guy I’ll be in and out in 10 minutes You’ll be in there an hour” Asha couldn’t disagree.
While she was in the shower Joe laid down to rest. He had nearly drifted off when there was a knock at the door.
Joe looked out to see a young Indian woman close to Asha’s age but younger standing outside the door. Joe answered it.
“Hi my mom would like to know if you and your wife would like to join us for dinner this evening? “ The girl said in perfect American English.
Oh this will be fun. told them we were married eh? I’ll show you Asha!
“Oh we would be delighted to have dinner with your family!” Joe replied.
“Ok my mom is very traditional your wife has a Sari with her? Probably not eh?”
“No she doesn’t we kinda left the city in a hurry matter of fact we had to buy a bunch of new stuff for her over at Marge’s”
“ok’ll get you one of mine, I hate wearing them anyway sooo lame “ the girl rolled her eyes like only a teen American girl could.
The girl returned a few minutes later with a blue sari dress. “here is some crappy Jewlery my mom makes me werar at family functions your wife can wear that too” and with that left.
Ten minutes later Asha emerged from the bathroom dressed in a shirt and pants with a towel on her head. There is a racist joke in here some here I think   Joe thought. She spotted the Sari on the bed.
“What is that?” She asked
“Oh that thing? That’s the Sari you are going to wear to dinner tonight. The owner of the motel has invited us to eat with them. We are their guests. Their daughter dropped off that sari and that jewelry for you to wear.”
Asha’s mouth was open and finally she closed it. Joe gave her a smug look.
“Well I guess you will get a taste of Indian food tonight Joe and I will get a laugh”
They rested for a couple of hours. Joe slept like a rock with Asha curled up beside him on the bed. Finally at the appointed time they got ready for dinner. Asha took the Sari into the bathroom to change while Joe got ready in the main room. Joe was ready in a few minutes and sat waiting watching a dvd on the tv when Asha emerged from the Bathroom. She had styled her hair, put on make up and was decked out head to toe in traditional Indian dress..
The dress was blue floral print that started up around her shoulders and terminated just above her ankles.  She had on a couple of solid gold colored ankle bracelets on each ankle. She had 3 or 4 more bracelets on each of her writs, a choker style collar with a blue gem in the center. She had gold earrings dangling from ears and a golden nose ring in her left nostril. She looked STUNNING.
Joe’s jaw dropped. She was one of the most beautiful creatures he’s even seen. Holy cow does she clean up well!DAMN!
She slipped her flip flops on and they headed up to the lobby area. There they found the older Indian lady who was named Niti and her husband Pareesh. The daughter whom Joe had met earlier was named Zeenat.
“You can call me Zena all my friends do” the young woman replied after being introduced.
They had pulled a couple of the tables in the motels dining room together and put out a red tablecloth. There were several dishes of food none of which Joe could recognize. They were seated and began the meal. Joe and Asha kept up the pretense they were married with Asha coaching him through the meal, how to eat with his fingers and use the flat breads to scoop up the food he was eating. Through out the meal Joe could barely keep his eyes of Asha. She’s so frickin hot!
Finally Pareesh signaled the meal was over by pushing himself away from the table. “Niti this has been a wonderful meal. It is so good to have guests from our homeland in our home. Thank you for joining us Joe and Asha. Shall we put on some music and do some dancing?”
They put on some Indian dancing music and Pareesh and Nita went 1st. After they tired they made Joe and Asha dance. Poor Joe had two left feet. All for of the Indians laughed at his clumsiness. “Its ok Joe you will get the hang of it, your bride will teach it to you eventually”
When it was over Nita gave Asha a box to take with them back to their room. “Here are some DVDs to keep you entertained, and some other items as gift from me and Pareesh” Asha and Joe thanked them and headed back to their room.
Joe was beat he collapsed onto the bed feet sticking off the end.  Asha pulled off his shoes and socks and massaged his feet. It felt good. Joe was not used to dancing but Asha glided about the floor like a feather. That girl can dance. He thought. She massaged his feet for minutes until he pulled himself up in the bed. “Lets see whats in the box” he scooped it up and opened it.

In the box was a copy of the Kama Sutra, some condoms, some lube, and some Bollywood DVDs. Oh shit  Joe thought this girl is gonna freak. Oh well its her fault telling them we are married!

“So whats in the box” she asked coyly.
“You really want to know? Your new friends gave us a copy of the Kama Sutra, some sex lube and two boxes of condoms. Oh and there are some Bollywood Movies in here too. Which want to want to do 1st the Sex or watch a movie then the Sex?” He said dryly.

“I think the movie part 1st “she said with a smile “then the sex afterward”.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice some action
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Cool!
Fake marriage to real marriage?
I
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I've been sick this week I think its bacterial. I took some cipro last night and this morning and I feel 10 times better than I did yesterday. Here is a short  update. I'm gonna be slammed tomorrow but I'll try to continue this in the am.

The movie they watched was a Hindi language film about a poor girl taken in by a rich family and put to work as their servant.  Later when the girl matured the one of the two sons fell in love with the girl while the other son forced himself on her. Ultimately the young woman killed herself to escape the misery of being a slave to the family.
Joe was pretty flabbergasted at the movie. How the fuck does someone treat another human being like that? Is this shit for real? Do these people actually do that over there or what?
“What did you think of the movie?” Asha asked.
Joe took a moment to think I don’t want to insult her. I don’t want to insult her people or their culture. But that was pretty goddamn fucked up. I need to pick my words carefully.
“Do people with means actually treat people who are poor like that over there?”
“Some do some do not, but it is a problem for our people, the inequalities, this movie and several others like in the last few years have tried to raise awareness of it.”
“I take it your family would not have treated that girl that way?”
“No they would not have. My family was part of the middle class. We were neither servants or rich”
“Ok cause that was pretty fucked up.  People in this country used to do something like that. We called it “Slavery” and had to have a civil war to finally end the practice. Why did you pick this movie watch anyway?”
“I wanted to educate you about my people with regards to status and class.  I wanted you to see how people with little status and of low castes get treated where I am from. I wanted you to watch this movie because in many ways I am that young girl in the movie.”
WHAT? What is she talking about?
“What are you talking about you’re not a poor girl living in the country side with a rich family. You aren’t someone’s servant to be used and abused. You…”
“But I am. I am poor Joe. I have no money. I have no means of earning it. I have no family and the roof over my head, the food in my belly, and the clothes on my back all came from someone else.”
She she’s right. Right now I am like that family in the movie and she is like that girl. Damn. God I hope she doesn’t think….
“I know you are not like that family. I know that’s what you are thinking.  I know you would not treat me like that. I wanted to watch that movie to remind me how things could be for me, that you could be just like that but that you are not like that.  I wanted you to watch that movie so that you know why I am so grateful that you rescued me and took me in.”
“You don’t have to be with me you know” He replied. “If you wanted you could stay here with Pareesh and Niti, I’ll give you some cash to get you by until you find something and some food. I’ll even give you a gun I have extras.”
She smiled at him “I have no doubt you would do this but what I want right now I already have. You.”
“Whoa now you’ve only known me what 30 hours or so? Lets not get hasty ok.”
“I do not want to sound selfish but with the world the way it is right now I need you Joe. I need you in order to survive. “
“Well I understand that. Its rough as hell out there these days. Until yesterday I’d never pulled a gun on anyone in my life. Since then I’ve car jacked a rapists truck and shot a hoodlum to death. Look you’re welcome to stick with me. I’ll teach you to shoot I’ll teach you some survival skills. When we get to my cabin I’ll teach what you need to know for the woods there. Besides an extra set of hands makes work a lot lighter and an extra set of eyes and ears help too. Maybe you can teach me that self-defense stuff you learned. But we go into this as partners Ok? Equals ok? You aren’t my brown skinned servant girl alright?”
She smiled again “I understand” Americans. So progressive even when they think they are conservatives.

“So what about the sex part we still doing that?” she asked.
“No I was totally kidding about that earlier, I was just busting your chops for telling Niti we are married I’m going to bed now if you stay up keep the tv down ok” He replied as he went into the bathroom to get ready for bed.
“Oh ok” You might have been kidding but maybe I wasn’t .

They woke up the next morning got dressed and headed down to the dining area of the hotel for some breakfast.. They found Zena behind the front desk studying a magazine for teenaged girls “How to keep your boyfriend away from that slut” and “How to do your makeup in 10 minutes” were the head lines.
“Morning Zena what’s for breakfast?” Joe asked.
“Oh sorry we haven’t done the breakfast in weeks. With no guests and food as short as it is we haven’t been serving it. Sorry.”
“No biggie we’ll fix our own. Hey how are you guys on food anyway? You know your family?”
“Oh we have a weeks worth left. Hope fully we’ll get more soon. Mom and Dad are over at Marge’s to she if she got anything in.”
“Hold on I’ll be back” Joe went out to his trailer and returned a few minutes later. He was toting two orange 5 gallon buckets from Home Depot.
“Here ya go where do you want em?” He asked.
“What are they?”
“One is 35 lbs of a white rice and the other is 30 lbs of lentils. Its not much but after that killer meal you Mom put on last night it’s the least I could do.”
Her eyes went wide Mom is going to be thrilled!  “Thanks Mister. …wait what is your last name anyway?”
What is his last name anyway Asha thought I just realized I don’t even know his last name!
“Miller. I’m Joe Miller and this is my lovely wife Asha.” Joe said while giving Asha a wicked grin. “We’re the Millers.”
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#36]
nice.

like getting new chapters every few days
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
nice.

like getting new chapters every few days
View Quote

thanks. believe it or not its at 12085 words and 23 pages in Word 2011 for Mac.

I don't know if anyone caught it but We're the Millers was a hilarious comedy of a traveling fake family smuggling 2 metric tons of weed into the USA via an RV that was in theaters this past summer. Since Joe and Asha are a "fake" couple and traveling I thought the last name Miller would be prefect."

gonna try to hit you guys with another update today and then i'm off for the weekend no updates till monday.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Well?
It's the middle of the afternoon and all...
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like the OP just might have a life outside the net'.  
Maybe tomorrow?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#40]
very very short update.

Thanks Mister Miller!  Mom and Dad will be really happy with this. Are you checking out today?”
Joe and Asha looked at each other. They hadn’t discussed their departure from the little town. The sheriff had cleared them after yesterdays shooting and brawl at Marge’s General Store. Joe’s original plan was to be at his cabin by now but events had not unfolded as planned. Now with Asha as his partner he didn’t want to just make the decision on his own.
“We hadn’t thought about it yet. Originally we were just passing through we’ll let you know after breakfast.”
They went out to the van and got the eggs and leftover bacon from the battery operated fridge and cooked them over the camp stove. They discussed the situation while they ate.
“Look I’d like to get to the cabin asap.  The cabin is off the beaten path. Out here on the road we are exposed. With all the police in the cities its more dangerous out here than it is in town. I really think we need to get going.”
“I agree. You had to kill a man yesterday least we be dead. We should get going immediately.”
Asha went back to the room and packed their stuff while Joe told Zena they were checking out. Joe left Zena $100 for the room and wrote a thank you note to Pareesh and Niti. After that they hit the road.

“Ok we’ll be there by lunch time provided we don’t run into anymore delays.. However I have something to tell you. I haven’t been completely forth right with you.”
Ok. Whats going on?  She thought.
“You know I’m a security specialist right?”
“Uh huh”
“Well that’s true. But what I really am is a survivalist.”
“A what?”
“As survivalist. Ever seen doomsday preppers? Kinda like one of those people minus the rampant stupidity.”
Her eyes widened a bit “Oh I see” What did I get myself into?
“Look I’m not crazy or anything. I’m just prepared. I have food, water, shelter, gear, and the knowledge and skills needed to use it.  I’m not into tin foil hattery or anything like that.”
This lessened her apprehension a little. He’s been nothing but good to me since day one.
“That’s part of it. Now the rest. We aren’t going to be alone at the cabin.”
“Uh ok who else will be there?”
“Its like this. I inherited this cabin from my uncle. It sat on 200 acres of land that’s been in my family for long time. I sold off a lot of the land. I sold the land off to people like me. Preppers, survivalists, whatever name of the month we have.”
“Ok”
“Anyway we have a bit of a preppers confederation going here. Rules, community policing, etc.”
“Ok”
“Anyway we have a community of like minded people going on. There are families kids that sort of stuff. There are some people there your age. We have Christians mostly but there is a new age hippy commune there too.  Those people will probably be thrilled to meet you. They’ll have an actual Hindu to talk too. All in all we have  a dozen different properties including my own. When you see what we have and what we can do you’ll be floored.”
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Enjoying this one...  Updates?  
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:40:28 AM EDT
[#43]
I caught up with the story,  I applaud your efforts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:11:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Well?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Glad you guys have been liking it. i've got a bit of carpal tunnel going on in one hand and we moved offices this past week and weekend so I have been pre occupied. I'm going to try to get dragon naturally speaking working on my laptop today and then dictate some of the story tonight.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#46]
i got dragon installed last night and tonight I've trained it. I'm downloading libre office right now so hopefully I'll be able to bang out more of this story tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
i got dragon installed last night and tonight I've trained it. I'm downloading libre office right now so hopefully I'll be able to bang out more of this story tomorrow.
View Quote

Appreciate your dedication. The story has me hooked.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cool!
do you have to say things like "Full stop"?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Cool!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool!

well i left my laptop power adapter at work. so no beuno on the story tonight. i'mposting this from my home theater pc

no you just talk and whatever you say gets transcribed. there are voice commands you can give dragon. if you say microphone sleep its put the mic in a sleep mode and then ignores everything you say till you click the mic icon. there are other commands for correcting spelling deleting words and lines.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#50]
update:

The two drove down the road winding their way through the hills on the way to the cabin. As they drove and they chatted about life the changes they've seen and where they're headed next when suddenly they came around a curve and there was a car parked across the road. The car was a red Honda accord on older model and it was parked diagonally across the road blocking both lanes. The hood was up on the car and there was a blonde woman standing in front of it. She looked haggard and disheveled like she hadn't slept or showered in days.

"What the hell is she doing blocking the road!" Joe shouted "she is blocking traffic and is going to get killed."
Joe slammed on his brakes slowing the minivan down and he began looking left and right space for threats. Suddenly two men appeared from behind the car they were armed with shotguns and rifles and they began firing on the van.
"FUCK IT'S AN AMBUSH!" He screamed as bullets and shot peppered the front of the van. "GET THE FUCK DOWN GET THE FUCK DOWN!" As he hit Asha's seatbelt release and pushed her to the floor. The van screech to a halt and Joe swung open the drivers door. Bullets and shot spiderwebbed the vans windshield sending bits of glass flying. From under the dashboard Joe extracted a semiautomatic Krinkov style short barrel AK-47. He hunched behind the open driver's door and snapped the stock open. Normally autobody steel would not stop bullets but in the van's case Joe had armored the doors with AR 500 steel. The doors armor plate could withstand the hit from a 308 rifle at close range.

Joe popped up snapped the rifle to his shoulder and fired off three bullets at the closest adversary. The 7.62 mm bullets tore into the man's chest killing him instantly. Joe shifted his fire to the other man with the shotgun who tried to take cover behind the rear of the car in the trunk area. Fool Joe thought autobody steel does not stop rifle bullets. Joe started firing into the rear of the car in the vicinity of the man with the shotgun after expending approximately 20 rounds Joe dropped to urban prone and peered underneath the car. He found the man lying on his side bleeding Joe pumped three more bullets into the man  from underneath the car by skipping them off the pavement. Then he shifted the rifle to the woman who was still at the front of the car cowering in front of it but with her left hand up by the radiator still.

"Oh God please don't shoot me, please don't shoot me, they made me do it please don't shoot me, they have my son!" The woman screamed.
"Put your hands up or I'll shoot" Joe shouted. "I can't my left hand is chained to the car!" The woman shouted while she put her right hand up in the air.
Joe came out from around the door and advanced on the woman with his rifle out as he got closer, he realized she was right she had a length of chain locked around her left wrist and the other end was wrapped around the front firewall of the car near the radiator.
"Please don't hurt me they made me do it my car ran out of gas three days ago and they found me and my son walking on the side of the road. They took my son hostage and for the last three days they beat and raped me." The woman sobbed. She was about 5 foot 10 and maybe 135-140 lbs, blonde hair with blue eyes. Her nose was pierced as was her lower lip, and her earlobes were elongated with hoops three quarters of an inch wide. Her blonde hair had a blue streak in the front and she had numerous tattoos on her arms.
"It's okay it's okay" Joe said "it's good to be okay now. Are there any more of them other than these two?"
"No it was just these two they left my son locked up in their trailer up the road. The fat one has the keys to my chain please let me go I just want to get to my son!" She further sobbed.
"Alright alright I'll get the keys and get you unlocked and then we will get your son. By the way my name is Joe and my lady friend in the van is Asha." He said.
"Thank you Joe my name is Dani and my son's name is Bobby. We left the city four days ago, we managed to sneak out around the National Guard." She said.
Joe search the fat man's body and found a set of keys. On the key chain he found a couple of master lock keys and tried them in Danny's chains. One of them worked the lock at her wrist and she was free.
Danny threw her arms around Joe hugging him and sobbing "thank you" into his shoulder. Asha walked up and asked if everyone was okay. She briefly glared at Danny who was still hugging Joe.
"Joe I don't think were going anywhere soon. Look at the van it's in really bad shape" Asha said.
Joe turned around to look at the van. It was a sad sight indeed. The left front tire the van was completely shredded by shotgun fire, the drivers door had several pock marks from rifle fire, the windshield was obliterated, and various fluids were pooling underneath the engine.
Joe groaned "Awe Shit! What the fuck are we going to do now? That was our only ride!"
"Do you need a car? Because if you do mine still runs but there is no gas in it if you have gasoline for it we can gas up my car" Danny said.
"Okay where is your car?" Joe asked.
"It's about 5 miles that way"  she gestured back the way they had come.
"Where are these dirt bags house where your son is at?" Joe asked her.
"Only half mile that way" she pointed in the direction which Joe had been traveling.
"Okay let's go get your son first then we will go get your car" he replied.

Joe reloaded his rifle and the three of them made their way to the dirt bags house. When they got there Joe took note of the condition of the yard. It was overgrown with weeds, garbage, and the wreckage of old cars. Joe open the door and the stench of a filthy pigsty of a house greeted him. Jesus what dirt bags he thought. Absolute white FSA trash! They found the boy tied up in one of the bedrooms. He had been beaten and was dehydrated but otherwise was okay.
"All right let's get back to the van I've got some gas cans we can use and we will hike to Danny's car."

It took them 3 1/2 hours to hike to Danny's car because Danny and Bobby were exhausted. Once they got to the car they found that it was in good shape and hadn't been touched since Danny and Bobby had abandoned it earlier in the week. They gassed the car up using the cans they carried and started the car. It only took a few minutes to drive back to the destroyed van and fetch their most needed possessions.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top