Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:04:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mak] [#1]
Got my Kindle version downloaded this morning.  7 degrees out so I'll be reading it today.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mak:
Got my Kindle version downloaded this morning.  7 degrees out so I'll be reading it today.
View Quote

Was -1 this morning when I was out...7 sounds pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
2/3 into the book.....taking a break...liking it just like the other 4.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Chris0013:
View Quote

Mine's still out for delivery.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LonghunterCO:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LonghunterCO:

Picked up at Barnes and Noble the day it came out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to start reading these on Kindle, so do I just go buy Going Home? Or can we trade or lend, check out,etc?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:22:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mak] [#7]
Originally Posted By zoe17:
I want to start reading these on Kindle, so do I just go buy Going Home? Or can we trade or lend, check out,etc?
View Quote

I've borrowed books on Kindle from people here.  I've got all of the series but don't remember how you lend a book if it is one that can be lent.

Looks like I can't lend out Going Home as I have lent it out before.  I can lend the second one through the Kindle/Amazon webpage and the rest of the series.  It appears they only let you lend out the second book in the series.  I still have to read the last one as I have been too busy to read it all.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the try.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By zoe17:
Thanks for the try.
View Quote

If you read the first book and need the second one I can lend it to you.  It appears the author or his publisher have declined to allow any others in the series to be lent.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#10]
So was I imagining things when I saw a post about the 6thh book coming out in May? Not sure if it was this series or another one that I'm thinking of.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I think he did say the 6th one would be out sun May. Or was it November? I'll have to check Facebook.

Did y'all see the author in the show "Alone" last night?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:08:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Jeep903:
I think he did say the 6th one would be out sun May. Or was it November? I'll have to check Facebook.

Did y'all see the author in the show "Alone" last night?
View Quote

Book 6 is out.  Enforcing Home
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Which ALONE episode was that?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:48:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Variable556] [#14]
Thanks for the heads up Mak.  I just bought #6

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Enforcing Home, like the rest, was a great book. As always my wife and I can't wait for the next one!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Enforcing Home was terrible.  Literally no extension of the storyline except what seemed to be an afterthought death of an unimportant character and the event that happened in the last few pages.  I really think you could skip this book and not miss out on anything.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought the writer finally had professionals editing his books?  I bought the Kindle version which was full of typos, punctuation in the middle of words and other mistakes that are irritating to see.

Not happy with the cliff hanger that just ends in the middle of the story line. Now that a publisher took up his book it seems that the story has suffered as he is just going to drag the story on so you have to buy the next book every so many months.

Do we really need page after page of how their building of a shitter?  It's like a high school student doing a report that must contain a certain number of words to meet the assignment requirements.  If a paragraph will do don't spend 10 pages to say the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anybody know when Book 7 will be released?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Dace:
Enforcing Home was terrible.  Literally no extension of the storyline except what seemed to be an afterthought death of an unimportant character and the event that happened in the last few pages.  I really think you could skip this book and not miss out on anything.
View Quote

I really liked that character but agree that the character was unimportant in the last few books.  I thought so much more could have been done with that character.

I enjoyed the new book but felt like it was only half a book.  The previous books had a obstacle that they had to overcome and they usually did by the end of the book.  This one felt like it was just setting up the obstacle but left it hanging.  Maybe the next book is going to be the last book?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JimmyThompson:
View Quote

It was released yesterday 2/24/2016.

Avenging Home on Amazon
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:44:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sbl23:

Avenging Home on Amazon
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JimmyThompson:

Avenging Home on Amazon

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#22]
enjoying it so far,  waiting on the 'Avenging' audible... as far as the criticism,  it's no literary masterpiece,  but as far as whats available in the genre,   it's pretty good IMO.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By juan223:
enjoying it so far,  waiting on the 'Avenging' audible... as far as the criticism,  it's no literary masterpiece,  but as far as whats available in the genre,   it's pretty good IMO.

View Quote

It looks like Avenging Home is available on audible now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:28:49 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

thanks  1/2 way thru it
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#25]
This book was better, I felt ripped off by the author with enforcing home.  With this book the author redeemed himself a little.  Not as good as the first few books but definately better then the garbage of enforcing home.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:09:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I have 1-3 on Kindle and maybe the 4th  and I've never lent any out but I wouldn't mind if someone wants to borrow one of them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:27:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXCATM76] [#27]
Just finished the series all 7 books in less than 2 weeks. This is one of the best story's in this genre I have seen.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jmhat98:
Link
I followed this over on survivalistboards for a long time and it was a great read. He finally got published and has Kindle and hard copies available. You will not be disappointed with this one, to me it is right up there with Lights Out and One Second After. He is working on a second part to this series and you can find alot of on his website. http://www.angeryamerican.com/

Has anyone else read it? I think it may have been discussed here before as he was writing the first book.
View Quote

I love this series.  I have read them all and can't recommend it enough.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:17:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nowgrn4] [#29]
Reading it now. Half way through and can't put it down. Did not read any posts on this topic to spoil the ending.

Following his journey on Google earth is pretty cool.

Edit; Really liked the first and started on the second.

Main takaway from first book, I seriously need to start looking at some comms.

Edit, just finished the third one. I need a break, just started one year after.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I just started reading the first book. It's a good fast read. My issue is that there's no way he carried all this stuff in a pack. All the food, water, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, tarp, binos, night vision, 2 guns and mags, 100 rounds of ammo on top of that, a shovel, camping stove, hygiene kit, bottle of honey, carhart jacket, extra pairs of pants and shoes, etc. it's like every time he needs something it's in his limitless pack. Good book but yea that's my concern.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I have not read it yet but here is some talk about the 'pack' in question and its contents...if you read it please LMK your thoughts on it

the pack

as far as the series goes it is IMO the best one so far that has a bunch of books in a series...I like that he does not go into too much detail describing firearms...that kills a book for me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:54:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Idpapaperoperator] [#32]
On page 4, the gear-whoreness is already evident. Also, Springfield XD....

I fear this book would leave non survivalist tyoes scratching their heads a lot.

Although I suddenly have the urge to buy a Maxpedition pack...

Edit: I was up til 2AM reading this last night so obviously it was pretty good. And I learned about new Gear I haven't heard of before!

Edit: almost done the third book, will continue to read
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TheNuge:
I just started reading the first book. It's a good fast read. My issue is that there's no way he carried all this stuff in a pack. All the food, water, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, tarp, binos, night vision, 2 guns and mags, 100 rounds of ammo on top of that, a shovel, camping stove, hygiene kit, bottle of honey, carhart jacket, extra pairs of pants and shoes, etc. it's like every time he needs something it's in his limitless pack. Good book but yea that's my concern.
View Quote
LOL I remember having the same thought.  Didn't he say he had a case of MREs?   I think a case weighs 21 pounds by itself.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Book 8 is out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0996696032?tag=vglnk-c102-20
View Quote
Damn it, how is it not available in kindle format???
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By RangemasterP226:
View All Quotes
Book 8 is out.

It is
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks, I'll double check, it isn't on the link above.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Book 8 is out.

it is....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072HJHFV7?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Just finished book 8. Its short but I thought it was good. Ready for book 9. 

Anyone read Charlie's Requiem series by A. American?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Bcamp15:
Just finished book 8. Its short but I thought it was good. Ready for book 9. 

Anyone read Charlie's Requiem series by A. American?
View Quote
Read the novella and the novel Democide.  Both are good.  Same universe as the GH novels.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Read the novella and the novel Democide.  Both are good.  Same universe as the GH novels.
View Quote
Just finished the novella. I liked it. I really enjoyed the GH series, ready for book 9! I guess I'll check out democide next.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys got me, read the entire series over a week or so. I liked it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Is there another series or book that's like the GH series? I know there is a huge list in the other thread of EOTWAWKI books, but I liked the GH series a lot and would like some other books like it. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Bcamp15:
Is there another series or book that's like the GH series? I know there is a huge list in the other thread of EOTWAWKI books, but I liked the GH series a lot and would like some other books like it. Thanks
View Quote
Borrowed World series is GTG...

careful, there's a ton of shit in the genre
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Borrowed World series is GTG...

careful, there's a ton of shit in the genre
View Quote
Read the first chapter last night after I finished Democide. Seems good, I'll continue to read it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Finished all the borrowed world books until the 28th when the next book comes out. I thoroughly enjoyed the series. 

So what should I read next that's along the lines of borrowed world and the gh series??
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Book 8 is out.

View Quote
Man how many more books in this series is he going to do?  I hate it when authors keeping putting our small books and nickle and diming us.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By steelraincdo:
Man how many more books in this series is he going to do?  I hate it when authors keeping putting our small books and nickle and diming us.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By steelraincdo:
Book 8 is out.

Yeah its getting old.  Seems to be the same old stuff just rehashed.  Luckily we got kindle unlimited for free or else I wouldn't be reading this guys books.  They just aren't good enough to pay for a hard copy version.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#49]

Yeah its getting old.  Seems to be the same old stuff just rehashed.  Luckily we got kindle unlimited for free or else I wouldn't be reading this guys books.  They just aren't good enough to pay for a hard copy version.
View Quote
Yeah I'll probably finish out the series on Kindle....if it ever ends.  At some point you just have to have closure.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:14:39 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
How did you get Kindle Unlimited for free?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top