Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2015 3:25:54 PM EDT
Those of you who have installed a muzzle brake on your big game rifle--did it help accuracy?

I put an aftermarket clamp on on my .300 Win Mag, and groups improved significantly.  

Much nicer to shoot, too...
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably has more to do with you not flinching from the recoil than the break itself affecting bullet accuracy.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably has more to do with you not flinching from the recoil than the break itself affecting bullet accuracy.
View Quote

best reasoning. i know sound suppressors in some cases can help with recoil and accuracy , but not all states allow them to be used for hunting.

or to be owned for that matter

to add

brakes on hunting rifles are good for practice purposes but id recommend taking it off when in the field. unless you and your hunting party is hunting with ear plugs in at all times, you can seriously go deaf with one shot. And if your worried about recoil while shooting at an animal, then your concentrating on the wrong thing

OP my .338LM hunting rifle is braked and kicks about that of a .300wm. so id say you were already in good shape.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top