Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2017 5:54:56 PM EDT
I need some advice for picking out a backhoe for my Kubota. The current projects I was going to do with it is some landscaping and ditch digging.

It is a 2010 B3200 which is a 32hp with what I am understanding as a CAT 1 3-point hitch.

I was going to get a Kubota brand one but they more on the expensive side from what I have seen.  Someone at work recommended a Titan brand but I have found out to much about them.

Does you guys have any advice on brands or features?
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that the Kubota backhoe attachment is actually an orange painted Woods brand.
We've had good luck with our Kubota attachment. With the tractor size, get the largest Woods brand backhoe attachment. Bonus points if you get the manual or hydraulic thumb attachment.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe that the Kubota backhoe attachment is actually an orange painted Woods brand.
We've had good luck with our Kubota attachment. With the tractor size, get the largest Woods brand backhoe attachment. Bonus points if you get the manual or hydraulic thumb attachment.
View Quote
I was going to get the thumb.  One of the guys I work with does excavating on the side and told me I should highly consider it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was going to get the thumb.  One of the guys I work with does excavating on the side and told me I should highly consider it.
View Quote
I had a manual thumb on my BX and it was the hydro thumb on my MX is

Too bad your not closer someone has a smaller kubota BH on Craigslist here right now.

I only have experience with kubota backhoes but I would say no matter what get a subframe mounted BH not a 3PT, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration and probably wear and tear on the machine.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I only have experience with kubota backhoes but I would say no matter what get a subframe mounted BH not a 3PT, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration and probably wear and tear on the machine.
View Quote
This. The 3 pt back hoes put way too much stress on the 3 pt. Might be ok for very light duty stuff but for any type of hard work the subframe mounted style is the way to go.
I have a Kubota L3901 with BH77 backhoe being delivered Monday :)
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Nothing about my Kubota hoe looks like a Woods.  I don't believe that for a minute.

They cost more for a reason.

Get the orange.  Cry once.

Doc
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top