Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2017 8:14:46 PM EDT
Anyone use herbicide post emerge on their corn? The weeds and grass are going crazy in my moms corn.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone use herbicide post emerge on their corn? The weeds and grass are going crazy in my moms corn.
View Quote

Atrazine.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#2]
24D will take care of the weeds. Won't do anything for grass as corn is a kind of grass. Must be very careful when spraying. The lightest wind will carry to any near tomato or peppers, and kill them. Also try to get as little as possible on the corn plants, it wont kill them but they will look a little sick for a while.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I hit it with some impact tonight. Chemical rep came in today and gave me a free sample.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Round Up ready sweet corn.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Round Up ready sweet corn.
View Quote
If you can afford the seeds
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I spray Surestart on sweet corn when it is smaller than 4 inches tall.  Kills broad leaf weeds but won't kill foxtail, pretty weak on most grasses.  

Corn is a grass so you are limited.  You could try Capreno, but it might turn your sweet corn white for a few days, it is a little more touchy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you can afford the seeds
View Quote
I bought two big bags of it this year.....

Gave 90% of it away to customers.   It is crazy how expensive it is.  Traited field corn averages around $250 per bag.  If you could buy an 80k count bag of roundup ready sweet corn, it would cost around $900.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top