Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2017 1:05:53 AM EDT
I'm looking for a tooth bar to fit a loader bucket. I Googled it, but I'm just not sure on which brand to look into. I'm not real thrilled about the ones that slide over the existing edge (hesitant to drill holes in the sides of the bucket) So far, I haven't found one that replaces the factory edge. It will be going on a Kubota L39, 72in wide, with a bolt on cutting edge.

Anyone bought one, or have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a good suggestion, I think they're a bad idea in general as you shouldn't be digging with the loader.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
i put them on my bobcats. I have found a used one at my bobcat dealer both times I wanted one. I drilled the hole,,no big deal. The hole is full of a bolt when the bar is on,,and it has not enlarged itself in 10 years now when the bar is off. My little 310 bobcat cannot dig without it. It made a HUGE difference. The big 943, well, it tears things up with or without the tooth bar, but still much better with it.

I would not weld one on. I use them maybe 5% of the time, and would not like it if i could not get to a smooth bucket edge, so what other choice is there but bolt on?

I don't own a front end loader, so maybe the don't dig comment applies there?

Edit: i see maybe your flat edge bolts on too, so you may not need to drill.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm very happy with my Bxpanded tooth bar.

You can get them in any size, besides the lengths they stock.

Very little wear and easy to install.... they don't really say what they cut them from but I've a feeling it's AR400.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Bxpanded has a lot of positive reviews. If I ever got one, that's what I'd get.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into the bxpanded tooth bar. Even though I don't want to drill, it may be the best option. I guess I was hoping to find one that replaced my existing bolted on edge.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Like ice blades for motograder
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#7]
i built a tooth bar for my skidsteer. drilled the a hole on each side. not the slightest problems.

toothbar turned my skidsteer into a little digging beast.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#8]
BXExpanded Piranha Bar!  I have one on my Kubota L4330 6' FEL and it's lived there since I bought it over two years ago.

http://bxpanded.com/piranha-toothbar

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top