Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#1]
We have, thinking it might fit in up in the Grape area, waiting to see if My local source gets Me some this weekend. If not, I will start calling around.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:31:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I got one ppic on My phone from the garden, Asparagas forest.

" />
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have, thinking it might fit in up in the Grape area, waiting to see if My local source gets Me some this weekend. If not, I will start calling around.
View Quote

Cool!  When it likes the climate it is a lovely plant it and forget it kind of plant.  Then...the PIE...and cobbler...and crisp.  Supposedly it is not safe to eat uncooked but growing up we used to eat the stalks fresh from the garden, with the end dipped in sugar.  On the other hand, that may explain a lot.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Cool!  When it likes the climate it is a lovely plant it and forget it kind of plant.  Then...the PIE...and cobbler...and crisp.  Supposedly it is not safe to eat uncooked but growing up we used to eat the stalks fresh from the garden, with the end dipped in sugar.  On the other hand, that may explain a lot.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I talked to My Mom, she is going to give Me a cutting from Her rhubarb plant the is still going from My Grandmothers garden. I though that is pretty cool. It's over on the Eastside of the state, but I believe it does well on this side as well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I was planning on posting pic's of the gravel finished today, but got side tracked by a phone call. I replied to a Craigslist ad for some firewood, Guy called Me back, ended up getting 4 1/2 cords of maple and alder for 200.00 bucks.

Had to go get it cause He is moving out of that house, so I only ended up with one load of gravel today, but I got rid of another load of rocks. Kinda hogpodged, but I WILL finish it out someday...............

" />

Quick pic of the garden.

" />

The wood, all this is maple for the FireQueen, This is about 1/2 of it, more outside the gate, two more trips to make tomorrow.

" />

I'm going to go fall down now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:54:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe that I can't order grapes to be delivered to Washington State.

All the grape suppliers are not allowed to ship to Washington, I can't seem to find any at the nursery's either.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, that's amazing OP
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't believe that I can't order grapes to be delivered to Washington State.

All the grape suppliers are not allowed to ship to Washington, I can't seem to find any at the nursery's either.

View Quote

Why
Some kind of disease or cross pollination issue?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#11]
incredible. makes me sad that my house is on a heavily treed steep hillside. no flat spots to grow, and the only place that gets even good "partial" sunlight is the patio in the front of the door.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:21:34 AM EDT
[#12]
So, it's been awhile. We have been really busy with work and splitting/stacking wood, and coming really close to finishing up the yard.

Wood, got that all cut, split and stacked.

My homebuilt splitter

I have gotten the sprinkler system set up on the upper bed, can now water all that by turning on one valve. Now that We are done with the wood and gravel, can focus on the drip system for the rest of the beds.

Some updated pic's.

Overall shot.

Strawberry bed.

Onions, garlic, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, kohl rabbi, yada yada.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:31:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Raspberry, chard, peas, some bib lettuce.

Finally got the fence over the rock done.

What it used to look like.

Upper beds with sprinklers. T-post are temporary, just holding the fence roughly in place, will set them in better in the days to come. Mesh fencing is just to keep critters out, dog in.

Broccoli bed.

Said dog and SLAVE DRIVER.

That's it for Today, going to go sit down for a change.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow OP, everything is looking really good!  We have a long growing season here but only a small window for cool-weather crops - your peas are bigger than anything I have managed.   Mmmmm....garden fresh peas....
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Ratling. We should have a very long cool season, but this year it is hotter the ever before. Damn global warming.

The peas are doing well for the moment, but it's been 80 here the last two days, usually the "good" weather doesn't hit till after the 4th.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks Ratling. We should have a very long cool season, but this year it is hotter the ever before. Damn global warming.

The peas are doing well for the moment, but it's been 80 here the last two days, usually the "good" weather doesn't hit till after the 4th.
View Quote

80! Piker!     It's been hitting 100 here with high humidity.  No fun at all.  I have been getting up early to harvest and it's still somewhat foul.  Oh well, the price we pay for mostly in the 30's all winter I suppose.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#17]
80 up here is pretty warm. Going to be a long hot summer this year.

Might just get some good tomatoes out of it though.

The pumpkin, squash and cantaloupe are doing very well.

Going to mound dirt around the taters tonite.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I gotta say that is nice!  You should put a booth at the gate and charge people to come and look at it!
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank You, I wish, could recoup some of the expenses.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top