Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2015 4:15:59 PM EDT
ought i remove all the roots & or soil from there before putting the peach tree in there?  I know that trees filter out biological stuff but what about hte compounds in decomposing oleander roots?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't think those compounds are very stable much less highly absorbable by the peach tree or concentrated in the fruits.

That said, unless an expert could verify that for me I would go the boy scout route of "when in doubt" and play it very safe.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Spam removed~Waldo
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've cut them back and planted grass and trees. They were huge. The root ball was 3" across and was solid with 3-4" branches. Took the oliander down with a chainsaw, and the ball out with the JD. Till the soil if you can. But everything has grown fine. The grass is slow to grow back, but the trees are doing fine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree with you kallnojoy
http://viscalada.tk/46/o.png
View Quote

why is there an amazon link in your post??
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've cut them back and planted grass and trees. They were huge. The root ball was 3" across and was solid with 3-4" branches. Took the oliander down with a chainsaw, and the ball out with the JD. Till the soil if you can. But everything has grown fine. The grass is slow to grow back, but the trees are doing fine.
View Quote

yeah, I don't worry that it will harm the peach tree.  I doubt those compounds harm other plants, they are probably there as a pesticide.  I'm just concerned about the peach tree absorbing it and putting it in the fruit.  

These never got too big, the balls were about 1.5' across.  The one today I dug otu hte hole a lot and removed most all of the roots.  The one from a couple weeks ago I did remove the ball of course, but a lot of the roots are still in there where that peach tree is...
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agree with you kallnojoy
http://viscalada.tk/46/o.png

raines is a spammer or spambot - when new members make strange posts it's usually spam and links should be blocked and be reported.
he made like 22 posts yesterday, all nonsense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top