Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2014 10:53:57 AM EDT
I came across the tree last year not too far from my property and I'm not sure what it is. I lost the pictures I had of the actual habit of the tree and the leaves, all I have left is this pic of the "fruit". Anyone know what this is from? As far as I can remember, the tree it was on was only about 10 ft tall or so. This is zone 5b, southeast Michigan.

Eta- sorry for blurry pic...it's the only one I have left and I just saw it in my phone which made me remember to ask about it.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Balsam Apple?

http://extension.umass.edu/landscape/weeds/echinocystis-lobata
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Chestnut of some kind maybe?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I answered my own question.....based in my searches it appears to be wild cucumber. I'm going to assume it was wrapped in a different tree because the wild cucumber isn't a 10 ft tall tree

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a Wild Cucumber, and as far as I remember it's growing on a vine, not a tree.

Link here
View Quote

Definitely what it is. It must have been growing on a tree.....like I said, going off memory.

Thanks

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Its a dikfur, B.

LMAO

J-
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Its a dikfur, B.

LMAO

J-
View Quote

I'm certain it's not a dikfer!

Hey, I was all over the property today - no turkey sign anywhere. Baker said he hasn't seen/heard any either. He thinks the farmer behind me is baiting them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hey, I was all over the property today - no turkey sign anywhere. Baker said he hasn't seen/heard any either. He thinks the farmer behind me is baiting them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its a dikfur, B.

LMAO

J-

nice.

J-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top