User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Regarding your compost pile; I believe they should be in direct contact with the earth, that set up appears to be on a cement pad. The worms will have a bit of trouble getting to your material.

Rob
View Quote

When I go to W-M, I buy a couple of boxes of Red Wigglers and "plant" them in my compost bin.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like this is the best time of the year! Corn is coming in great with 15 ears growing so far on the first half of the bed. The other half is about 2 weeks behind the first that we planted. I am hoping that this will spread out the amount of hand pollination I have to do at one time.

Like last year, there was some initial damage to the leaves. However, the damage seems to stop when the corn grows larger. Either that or the Sevin spray is working!

Carrots just finished up. Got a ton this time around, and they are big!

Beans are pouring in...

The little peach tree is growing a bit as well. I'm keeping a close eye on it and really hope it lays good roots this year.

Finally, the snap peas are also coming in. This is the first crop that my wife has been really excited about picking. I barely get to eat any of them, because she picks a handful and munches on them while she lays outside and reads on her hammock. But the few I have gotten to eat have been fantastic.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Look's great!  I envy your growing season (but not the humidity!)!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The garden looks good.  You should prune those lowest branches off your peach tree (the ones that look like they are growing from near the base).  Those are coming out of the root stock and won't produce the fruit that you want.
View Quote

Thanks corporal! I have been wondering what to do with those branches; just been too lazy to look it up!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top