Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2017 2:17:04 PM EDT
I’m putting together a Get Home Bag to keep at work with the necessary supplies and equipment should I need to leave work in an emergency and get home on foot.  I want to include a good quality flashlight but am not up to date on the best brands and models, so would appreciate any recommendations from everyone.

Here’s the situation:

I work in a large office building with thousands of employees in a large urban area.  I commute via public transportation.  If I had to walk home in an emergency when public transit is shut down, it’s a 15 mile walk, including some rough areas.  I estimate this could take anywhere from 5-7 hours depending on the specifics of the situation.  

Various types of disasters could cause me to have to leave on foot, both natural and manmade.

The light would be used for:
- navigating to exits in a darkened or smoke filled building.
-illuminating near to distant (realistically about 50m) areas outside at night as I make my way home, to identify potential threats as I move through urban terrain
-illuminating indoor spaces or small outdoor areas (alleys, courtyards) if I need to take shelter
-small tasks such as sorting through my pack

I’d like a light with a lot of throw to light up potential danger spots from a safe distance but also decent flood to light up a decent sized area.
I’m open to a light with multiple settings, but NOT one that needs to be clicked through several cycles to get the one I want.  I would have to be something I can set with a button or bezel.  For price, I’d like to keep it under $100 but am willing to pay for quality equipment that I may really need someday.

I am planning on getting a headlamp as well.  

Thanks for any input your have.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

One in middle is a zebra light tha uses 1 18650 rechargeable battery.  Around 1000 lumens.  One on gun is an old fenix pd 20.  Uses 1 cr23 battery with 189 lumens.  One on right is a jetbeam that uses 1 cr23 battery with about 500 lumens on rechargeable but is activated by bezel.  One on left is a sure fire mini scout uses a cr23 battery and has output of 300 lumens but is made to be weapon mounted.  The fenix has been through washer and dryer 3 or 4 times.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I think a P60 size lamp with 2x cr123s for power (size of a Surefire 6P) would be my choice ... there are a lot of options, but I like the models from Solar Force for the price...there are multiple power setting lamp modules as well as single settings available... if you go with a AA size light, be sure to use lithium primary or NiMH rechargables to help prevent battery leakage...the middle light is the size form I would recommend... if you want bulletproof, a Malkof potted module is available for the light body

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 1:15:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:48:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Have 2 that take the same batteries, one head lamp and one hand held.

Head lamp with adjustable brightness, you could form up a group for the trek and only need a bit of light not a lot.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I've used and liked the microstream lights for years. For higher output the polytac have been a dependable affordable option.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think a P60 size lamp with 2x cr123s for power (size of a Surefire 6P) would be my choice ... there are a lot of options, but I like the models from Solar Force for the price...there are multiple power setting lamp modules as well as single settings available... if you go with a AA size light, be sure to use lithium primary or NiMH rechargables to help prevent battery leakage...the middle light is the size form I would recommend... if you want bulletproof, a Malkof potted module is available for the light body

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/001_zpsq1ynx2mm.jpg
View Quote
This!!

Use a solarforce or surefire host body.  Then get a Malkoff drop in light.  The guy who makes them is very helpful with any questions you might have.  The drop ins are pretty much unbreakable.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Get something that runs on an 18650 lithium-ion cell, as it pack the most power per size.  Get a decent li-ion, or multi chemistry charger, like the Opus BT-3400/3100, or Liitokala Lii Engineer 500 and you'll be fine.  

For quality 'budget' lights, the Convoy brand is top notch and for the price of a SolarForce with Malkoff drop-in, or any quality P60, you can get 3-4 of them and they come in different driver board outputs and tints.

Look for the Convoy S2+ from Fasttech, GearBest, or some other places like Mountain Electronics, who is in Seattle.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get something that runs on an 18650 lithium-ion cell, as it pack the most power per size.  Get a decent li-ion, or multi chemistry charger, like the Opus BT-3400/3100, or Liitokala Lii Engineer 500 and you'll be fine.  

For quality 'budget' lights, the Convoy brand is top notch and for the price of a SolarForce with Malkoff drop-in, or any quality P60, you can get 3-4 of them and they come in different driver board outputs and tints.

Look for the Convoy S2+ from Fasttech, GearBest, or some other places like Mountain Electronics, who is in Seattle.

Chris
View Quote
Li-ion batteries are fine for a light that’s being actively used so long as you don’t mind a new hobby of battery care and maintenance.  They are an exceedingly poor choice for a light that’s going to packed in a bag and left somewhere as "emergency supplies".  CR123’s or Energizer Lithium L91’s (AA) are the batteries of choice for this sort of thing because of their long term (10 year plus) zero maintenance shelf life.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Li-ion batteries are fine for a light that’s being actively used so long as you don’t mind a new hobby of battery care and maintenance.  They are an exceedingly poor choice for a light that’s going to packed in a bag and left somewhere as "emergency supplies".  CR123’s or Energizer Lithium L91’s (AA) are the batteries of choice for this sort of thing because of their long term (10 year plus) zero maintenance shelf life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris
Ehhh, an 18650 has a self discharge rate of about 1-2% per month, so you're down 12-24% per year, if that.

Take a 3500mAh Sanyo-Panasonic NCR-GA and you're at 3080mAh to 2625mAh.  That's still more than a single fresh Panasonic USA CR123A, at ~1550mAh.

Hey, I'm not knocking CR123As, as they have a shelf life of 10 years, at which point they're at about 70% capacity, so ~1050mAh.

Topping off an 18650 light once a year, or every 6 months isn't all that much of a hardship, IMO.

You can even charge them up with a $40 USB solar panel and a $4 Liitokala Lii 100 USB charger.

To each his own.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ehhh, an 18650 has a self discharge rate of about 1-2% per month, so you're down 12-24% per year, if that.

Take a 3500mAh Sanyo-Panasonic NCR-GA and you're at 3080mAh to 2625mAh.  That's still more than a single fresh Panasonic USA CR123A, at ~1550mAh.

Hey, I'm not knocking CR123As, as they have a shelf life of 10 years, at which point they're at about 70% capacity, so ~1050mAh.

Topping off an 18650 light once a year, or every 6 months isn't all that much of a hardship, IMO.

You can even charge them up with a $40 USB solar panel and a $4 Liitokala Lii 100 USB charger.

To each his own.

Chris
View Quote
The only time a more powerful battery is of use is a need for a very bright light or very long run time between battery changes.  Neither of those are necessary for the OP’s situation.  As well, the entire 18650 cell loving world recommends storing them longer term at a reduced capacity, like maybe 40% full.  So while the cell discharge rate may not be horrible you’re not exactly starting with a full battery.    

A better way to look at the OP’s situation would be cost.  For the price of one readily available, quality 18650 you can buy 6 readily available, quality CR123’s.  Now do the math.  In a light that meets the OP’s needs, the 123’s are going to provide ample power for a longer period of time.  All with zero maintenance required, ready when he needs them tomorrow or ten years from now.    

I don’t mean to pick a fight here, far from it.  Li-Ion cells have their place in the grand scheme of things but, IMHO, being packed away for “just in case” emergency’s isn’t it.  Or I could be completely off base.  Maybe the OP will stop back by and offer a little clarity.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The only time a more powerful battery is of use is a need for a very bright light or very long run time between battery changes.  Neither of those are necessary for the OP’s situation.  As well, the entire 18650 cell loving world recommends storing them longer term at a reduced capacity, like maybe 40% full.  So while the cell discharge rate may not be horrible you’re not exactly starting with a full battery.    

A better way to look at the OP’s situation would be cost.  For the price of one readily available, quality 18650 you can buy 6 readily available, quality CR123’s.  Now do the math.  In a light that meets the OP’s needs, the 123’s are going to provide ample power for a longer period of time.  All with zero maintenance required, ready when he needs them tomorrow or ten years from now.    

I don’t mean to pick a fight here, far from it.  Li-Ion cells have their place in the grand scheme of things but, IMHO, being packed away for “just in case” emergency’s isn’t it.  Or I could be completely off base.  Maybe the OP will stop back by and offer a little clarity.  
[/size=4]
View Quote
Did you even bother to read the OP's post?

"I work in a large office building with thousands of employees in a large urban area. I commute via public transportation. If I had to walk home in an emergency when public transit is shut down, it’s a 15 mile walk, including some rough areas. I estimate this could take anywhere from 5-7 hours depending on the specifics of the situation."

That's a long walk and if it's not well lit, he's going to want 'runtime' and he's going to want the option of a bright ~100 yard light, especially in open, sketchy spaces.  Two CR123As, or AAs might be fine for finding the bathroom, or BBQing at night in the backyard, but sorry, not for a 15 mile hump, unless spares are carried.

I guess it just depends on how well the ambient lighting is along the 15 mile trip, so a 1000LM PD35, P12, or other such 1"x 5.5" light that's easily pocketable, might be prudent.

You might be out of the loop, or just don't know what's out there, but a quality 18650 like the famed Panasonic NCR-B 3400mAh cell is about $4 in naked form, so that's less than a pair of SureFire CR123As at Lowes.  Buy two of the Pannies and a $4 charger and you're not talking a lot of space, or money, but you do have more light and longer runtimes, if those are important.  $12 buys you 6 quality CR123As, or 6 Energizer Ultimate Lithium L91 AAs.

As for the 40% part, that might be important in an 'end of the world' scenario, but not in the OP's case.  Keep them charged up at 100% for 2-3 months at a stretch and then use them a bit and charge them back up again.  It's not rocket science.

Anyhow, I keep L91s and Panasonic CR123As handy, but the former are for two 2xAA lights that never get used and the CR123As are for my ADT alarm sensors, which are picky about what's being used.  You can't go wrong with either for long term storage, but if you need the now typical 1000LM bursts, or 100+ yard throws, you're not getting them with either for very long, or if at all.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Did you even bother to read the OP's post?

"I work in a large office building with thousands of employees in a large urban area. I commute via public transportation. If I had to walk home in an emergency when public transit is shut down, it’s a 15 mile walk, including some rough areas. I estimate this could take anywhere from 5-7 hours depending on the specifics of the situation."

That's a long walk and if it's not well lit, he's going to want 'runtime' and he's going to want the option of a bright ~100 yard light, especially in open, sketchy spaces.  Two CR123As, or AAs might be fine for finding the bathroom, or BBQing at night in the backyard, but sorry, not for a 15 mile hump, unless spares are carried.

I guess it just depends on how well the ambient lighting is along the 15 mile trip, so a 1000LM PD35, P12, or other such 1"x 5.5" light that's easily pocketable, might be prudent.

You might be out of the loop, or just don't know what's out there, but a quality 18650 like the famed Panasonic NCR-B 3400mAh cell is about $4 in naked form, so that's less than a pair of SureFire CR123As at Lowes.  Buy two of the Pannies and a $4 charger and you're not talking a lot of space, or money, but you do have more light and longer runtimes, if those are important.  $12 buys you 6 quality CR123As, or 6 Energizer Ultimate Lithium L91 AAs.

As for the 40% part, that might be important in an 'end of the world' scenario, but not in the OP's case.  Keep them charged up at 100% for 2-3 months at a stretch and then use them a bit and charge them back up again.  It's not rocket science.

Anyhow, I keep L91s and Panasonic CR123As handy, but the former are for two 2xAA lights that never get used and the CR123As are for my ADT alarm sensors, which are picky about what's being used.  You can't go wrong with either for long term storage, but if you need the now typical 1000LM bursts, or 100+ yard throws, you're not getting them with either for very long, or if at all.

Chris
View Quote
Why yes, I did read his post.  Allow me to point out this little bit of text, and I quote…

“The light would be used for:
-illuminating near to distant (realistically about 50m) areas outside at night as I make my way home, to identify potential threats as I move through urban terrain
-illuminating indoor spaces or small outdoor areas (alleys, courtyards) if I need to take shelter
-small tasks such as sorting through my pack”

Nothing in this list requires 1000’s of lumens or 100’s of yards of throw.

You really think he’s going to turn on his flashlight, start walking and go 15 miles in 5 – 7 hours and never take a break?  Really?  How about when he takes a break after a couple of hours of flashlight use he slips in a spare battery (or two depending on his choice of light).  What’s wrong with carrying a few spare batteries?  2 is 1 and 1 is none, right?  He also says he’s going to be getting a head lamp, which I hope would use the same batteries as his light.  Carrying spares isn’t just a good idea, I would think it mandatory.  

The vast majority of lights that take 18650’s take protected cells.  A protected 3500mAh 18650 from Orbtronic runs around $13.00.  Yes, you can shop for less expensive 18650’s and you can also shop for less expensive CR123’s.  The costs I posted are realistic.  

Charging batteries may not be rocket science but it’s something else to remember, or more correctly something to forget.  The OP says he’s putting a bag together and leaving it at work.  He can pull out the 18650’s every 3 months to exercise them like you suggest or he can use CR123’s or L91’s and not think about it for 10 years.  Five years from now when he goes to use the light in his bag is he going to have rigorously maintained a 3 month schedule of recharging?  I’m guessing not.  

18650’s are for lights in active use, not for putting back for an emergency.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#14]
There's a similar discussion over here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_23/175670_EDC-light-question.html

I always recommend an intrinsically safe flashlight, like Pelican, for EDC.  There are times you don't want to wonder if your flashlight is an ignition source.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Why yes, I did read his post.  Allow me to point out this little bit of text, and I quote…

“The light would be used for:
-small tasks such as sorting through my pack”

Nothing in this list requires 1000’s of lumens or 100’s of yards of throw.

You really think he’s going to turn on his flashlight, start walking and go 15 miles in 5 – 7 hours and never take a break?  Really?  How about when he takes a break after a couple of hours of flashlight use he slips in a spare battery (or two depending on his choice of light).  What’s wrong with carrying a few spare batteries?  2 is 1 and 1 is none, right?  He also says he’s going to be getting a head lamp, which I hope would use the same batteries as his light.  Carrying spares isn’t just a good idea, I would think it mandatory.  

The vast majority of lights that take 18650’s take protected cells.  A protected 3500mAh 18650 from Orbtronic runs around $13.00.  Yes, you can shop for less expensive 18650’s and you can also shop for less expensive CR123’s.  The costs I posted are realistic.  

Charging batteries may not be rocket science but it’s something else to remember, or more correctly something to forget.  The OP says he’s putting a bag together and leaving it at work.  He can pull out the 18650’s every 3 months to exercise them like you suggest or he can use CR123’s or L91’s and not think about it for 10 years.  Five years from now when he goes to use the light in his bag is he going to have rigorously maintained a 3 month schedule of recharging?  I’m guessing not.  

18650’s are for lights in active use, not for putting back for an emergency.  
View Quote
Hey, I recommended a light that uses an 18650 li-ion cell, for reasons already stated.  You recommend CR123As, or L91 AAs.  I have no problem with the former, if you're filing things away for 10 years, but by then the CR123As will be at ~70%ish.  My only issue with the latter is that AA lights aren't all that bright and I'd personally want more ouput on a 15 mile hike home, regardless of the lighting conditions.

I guess it just comes down to what's important to the OP and how much light (runtime vs. ouput) he'll ultimately need?

The bottom line is is that a 18650 cell has more power and if he only had to walk a mile down a well lit city street, my suggestion might be different and there are other options.

A 3 mode (with memory) Convoy S2+ with 2.8A driver board and cool white XM-L2 LED is $14 shipped.  A naked NCR-B is $4-$5 and a USB Liitokala 100 is $4, shipped.  Add in a second cell and you're at $28 out the door.

That's a tough combo to beat for the money and he'd be well served.  Checking a battery once in a while shouldn't be too difficult a task for somebody preparing for a 15 mile walk home.

Well, I've beaten this thing to death, the last word is yours.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I guess it just comes down to what's important to the OP and how much light (runtime vs. ouput) he'll ultimately need?

Chris

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Chris

I agree completely.  It's a shame the OP didn't re-engage.

Quoted:

Maybe the OP will stop back by and offer a little clarity.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#17]
There are a million and one lights out there that would do the trick just fine...

I am kind of a flashlight geek.. The light I carry in my pack everyday to work is a Fenix PD35 and I got a second one for my Fiance' that she keeps in her car because she complained she did not have a nice flashlight like I did. Ive been pretty pleased with it. It is my go-to in most cases. Other non gear geeks have been impressed by the output. A suitable brightness for any situation and you can run it on 18650 (which I use) or CR123A
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I am pretty much down to eneloops and 18650s.

No reason to use anything else.

Get a few $6 liitokala 202 chargers and a USB solar panel (suntactics would be my recommendation) and you are done.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Quoted:

Maybe the OP will stop back by and offer a little clarity.  
Thanks to everyone for all the detailed replies.  Sorry for not being active in my own thread, I've been bogged down at work and home.

I lean toward 123s, as I already have other lights that use them and have plenty of spares.  For the questions above, output would be more important than runtime, as I don't have a problem carrying spares (and will carry them).  The weight and space taken up is miniscule,

I'd also lean toward the 123s since it's easier to have a few spares than charge an 18650 every few months or keep a charger in my pack.  I also would like to get a headlamp that uses cr123 so I only have to carry 1 type of spare battery.

For the actual light, I'm looking at the Fenix PD35.  I like that you switch modes with a side button and not by cycling through with the tail cap, but I'm open to any recommendations people have.  

Thanks again for all the helpful replies.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks to everyone for all the detailed replies.  Sorry for not being active in my own thread, I've been bogged down at work and home.

I lean toward 123s, as I already have other lights that use them and have plenty of spares.  For the questions above, output would be more important than runtime, as I don't have a problem carrying spares (and will carry them).  The weight and space taken up is miniscule,
View Quote
Can't argue with a PD35, since it takes both the CR123As and an 18650, if you need that option.  I just bought a Pelican 1620 for a small BOB and put my older PD32 in there with a pair of Pannie NCR-A 18650s, but also a 4-7 Quark Tac., a ShiningBeam I-Mini, Olight Universal USB Flex charger and some CR123As I had laying about, so I'm not a hater.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'd also lean toward the 123s since it's easier to have a few spares than charge an 18650 every few months or keep a charger in my pack.  I also would like to get a headlamp that uses cr123 so I only have to carry 1 type of spare battery.

For the actual light, I'm looking at the Fenix PD35.  I like that you switch modes with a side button and not by cycling through with the tail cap, but I'm open to any recommendations people have.  

Thanks again for all the helpful replies.
View Quote
The Fenix PD35 is a very nice general purpose EDC light.  For your described use I personally would be more inclined towards something like the Surefire G2X Pro in a 2 cell light.  The tint is going to be warmer than the Fenix (better in smoke and dust) with a much simpler interface.  You have low/high readily accessible from the one button on the light.  KISS for the win.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I’ve really been warming up to 18650’s.  Sure, they have great output, but more importantly, they have a lot of capacity in a very efficient, single cell.  As most know, you can still use two CR123’s at slightly reduced output in place of a single 18650.

Although the majority of batteries I use now are Eneloop (AA, AAA), and 18650’s, I still keep a few dozen CR123 batteries on hand.  They still are my choice for training as it makes it easier to cycle through the stocks.  However, I’m going to try an Armytek Wizard headlamp (single 18650) for an upcoming backpacking trip (130 miles).  I really want to see how much I can get on the trail for about 10-11 days.  I won’t be hiking at night, but I typical use is a few times at night and packing up in the morning (we hit the trail just before sunrise).  

I do like the longer storage life of lithium batteries, but that’s a two-edged sword if you’re comparing it to the slightly less storage time of a lithium-ion battery.  Either way, you still need to log and manage them and once I go over a year on storage logs, it makes it harder to keep track of perishable items.  I typically will rotate stuff, including batteries, about every six months to align with the winter and summer seasons…it’s just easier.  With that said, it really doesn’t matter which batteries I use be they lithium, Li-ion or NiMH/LSD.

Movement at night can be tricky.  First, you don't need (or necessarily want) a bright light, but you do need that minimum amount of light required to safely navigate.  Most headlamps will provide that and some will still offer that retina-searing 1000+lumen output if you really need to light up half a football field.  A "tactical" light is still a good addition and doesn't have to have as many options.  I really use my headlamp for 90% of my work/utility needs and it also lets you keep both hands free.  

Long-term, I’m more invested in Eneloops.  They are just far easier to charge off a portable solar charger, but with AC power, Li-ion is the much better performer.  At the end of the day…we have a lot of options, which is a really good thing!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#23]
My house and auto go kits all have cheap Ebay CREE XM-L2 LED Bulbs, Rechargeable Lithium 18650 bats, LED Flashlights, aluminum case.   They come with one bat and a cartridge that holds 3 conventional AAA bats.   The Lithium bats hold there charge a very long time, so I feel good to leave them up to a year....   It's easy to find these on Ebay from China for under ten bucks.  (be sure to get the L-2 LED bulbs)    There are better for sure but for the money and the light they throw out, I don't know of any better bang for my buck....
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#24]
My suggestion would be the fenix HL-50 head lamp. It runs on one AA battery. I bought one for my Bob but had to give it a good testing and has since become my work headlamp I use every day (service electrician). Now I have to buy another to stick in my bob.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There are a million and one lights out there that would do the trick just fine...
I am kind of a flashlight geek.. The light I carry in my pack everyday to work is a Fenix PD35 and I got a second one for my Fiance' that she keeps in her car because she complained she did not have a nice flashlight like I did. Ive been pretty pleased with it. It is my go-to in most cases. Other non gear geeks have been impressed by the output. A suitable brightness for any situation and you can run it on 18650 (which I use) or CR123A
View Quote
I've become a Fenix fanboy over the years also.
The PD35 is a nice light but I find it a little large for EDC. I have a P3D that is about all I want to carry in my pockets, but it isn't big enough for the 18650 battery.
But if you're going to have a light that uses CR123s then it might as well have the capability of using the 18650s also.
If you're not a CR123/18650 guy another option might be something like a Fenix E12 (single AA) for a pack light and the hunter version of the Fenix headlamp (AA version) going with the two is one, one is none rule. This headlamp gives you a strong white light and a red light option also.
I think in this scenario this would be a good combo. I would definitely carry a headlamp in my pack regardless.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#26]
When I have to make the mile-ish hike to the blind at 4am, my Nitecore MT2A hasn't let me down yet.  Ample light output, 75-100 yd throw, 4 brightness levels, all running off of 2 AA's.  I can't tell you about continuous use, but it's gone through that hike about 15-20 times and haven't changed the batteries yet. (Eneloops)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top