Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2017 2:41:50 PM EDT
I have been cursed with stubby fingers.

Most multi tools are pretty difficult for me to use the pliers on bolts, nuts .   Anyone know of a good multitool that is friendly to us stubby finger guys?  

Looking at Leatherman Skeletool but don't care much for bit drivers.  Just something else to keep up with.

Maybe the Juice 2 or 4.   Anyone put these thru real use?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have girly hands and I've used something like a Leatherman Super Tool v.1 at work for 7 years (movie theatre manager) and it was fine.  I've moved on to a SAK SwissChamp, which isn't as robust, but does more for me on an EDC basis.

If hand/finger size is an issue, try and handle them as best you can, before buying.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have been cursed with stubby fingers.

Most multi tools are pretty difficult for me to use the pliers on bolts, nuts .   Anyone know of a good multitool that is friendly to us stubby finger guys?  

Looking at Leatherman Skeletool but don't care much for bit drivers.  Just something else to keep up with.

Maybe the Juice 2 or 4.   Anyone put these thru real use?
View Quote

As far as pocket tools go the Skeletool is IMHO probably one of the best.

The bits are annoying since they are proprietary but in day to day use it is not an issue as you leave one in the driver and one in the handle and forget about them except when you switch between them.  I wore out my #2 Phillips bit on mine and did not want to buy a big set to simply replace one #2 bit.  I sent Leatherman an email and they sent me several of each bit that came with my Skeletool.

I love my Skeletool.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The bits are annoying since they are proprietary but in day to day use it is not an issue as you leave one in the driver and one in the handle and forget about them except when you switch between them.  I wore out my #2 Phillips bit on mine and did not want to buy a big set to simply replace one #2 bit.  I sent Leatherman an email and they sent me several of each bit that came with my Skeletool.

I love my Skeletool.
View Quote

I second the Skeletool.  I carry one every day.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love my Skeletool.

That's 3 of us. Use mine just about everyday at work.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked up a skeletool today.   Like it so far.  Haven't used it much yet but it does fit my hand better. Pliers, screw drivers and a blade.  Pretty much what I'd generally need n nothing I don't.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#6]
You can get a Leatherman Bit Extender, it will let you use any standard 1/4 bit with your Skeletool.  I keep one with a bunch of bits in my backpack for those odd fasteners.

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I've found the Leatherman Juice S2 just about the perfect compromise size for a multi-tool.  I have 15+ multitools currently, ranging the full spectrum of sizes, from most manufacturers,
and have had others over the years.  That's not counting the SAKs with pliers.

The Juice S2 is large enough for my largish hands to use easily, but small enough that women are able to use it comfortably.  My wife has no problem with it, &
we've given one to a couple of cousins when they went off to college, and both girls loved them.  It's also large enough, and robust enough, to use moderately hard, as well.
And, it's one of the rare multitools that carries easily in a pocket, due to it's rounded corners.

I pocket-carried mine daily for several years as a computer tech, and it's still in my weekend EDC bag.  A Juice S2, or one of it's siblings on the same frame, would be my recommendation
for any with smaller hands.

I do not yet have a Skeletool, but like what I see in them.  I have a couple of Leatherman tools that use those proprietary bits...and admittedly, they gave me some pause when
I first got them, but in actual use, they're just fine, and I really like the versatility they add.

Good luck in your search.

David
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#8]
The original Wave was a good small hand size.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Leatherman Krunch
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the input folks.

Been using the skeletool and going back and forth between it and an older Gerber tool. 400 series I think.  

I like the skeletool for around the house and general use.  Camping and hunting I would probably use the older Gerber or something with a few more tools.  

But the skeletool works fine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I've used my Skeletool for the last 5 years. When I bought it Leatherman was still making a case and flashlight. I think everything ended up about $80.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#12]
The bit drivers are a great feature.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
The SOG Syncs are scaled nicely, not like the usual  multitool shape, plus they work as a belt buckle so they are always right there... check them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top