Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2016 10:27:47 AM EDT
Looking to get the wife a tactical handheld flashlight. Pocket or belt carry are not options for her. She will carry one in her purse/bag/pack. The problem I run into is most styles, such at the Protac 2l I EDC, will constantly be bumped on inside a cluttered bag rendering it useless when she needs it. Ideally looking at 150+ lumens and CR123 or AA as the power source.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I know surefire has a lock out tail cap feature.  They should for that kinda $$.  Somebody must be copying it, I just don't know who.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Solarforce makes a recessed tail switch for the P60 size lights... if you want serious light for defensive use, I'd go with a P60 sized reflector... Solarforce makes a modular body L2M (unscrews) that works with either one or two CR123s with the large P60 head... for a single 3v cell an XP-G low voltage module would be my choice (for 18650 also), for a 2x3v body an XM-L module....they have several tail switch options

http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/categories/switches-remote-switch-pad
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
A Surefire of some flavor would work for purse carry size and I have several, but I've recently moved on to a Fenix E12 for EDC.  It is a bit smaller, but has wonderful output and runtime on a single AA.  It's a fraction of the cost of a Surefire as well.  I forget it's in my pocket.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Sunwayman V11R, plus the AA adaptor.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:59:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Solarforce makes a recessed tail switch for the P60 size lights... if you want serious light for defensive use, I'd go with a P60 sized reflector... Solarforce makes a modular body L2M (unscrews) that works with either one or two CR123s with the large P60 head... for a single 3v cell an XP-G low voltage module would be my choice (for 18650 also), for a 2x3v body an XM-L module....they have several tail switch options

http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/categories/switches-remote-switch-pad
View Quote

My solarforce setup similar to how u described broke from rolling off a table.

Streamlight polytac for 35 is waaaaaay more durable
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
There are a lot of lights which suit your needs.  If the problem is the light turning on from being jostled, get a twisty light,  or just unscrew the head of the light 1/2 turn.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looking to get the wife a tactical handheld flashlight. Pocket or belt carry are not options for her. She will carry one in her purse/bag/pack. The problem I run into is most styles, such at the Protac 2l I EDC, will constantly be bumped on inside a cluttered bag rendering it useless when she needs it. Ideally looking at 150+ lumens and CR123 or AA as the power source.

Thanks for the help.
View Quote

The Streamlight ProTac 1L-AA is worth a look.  10 Tap programming just like on your 2L gives her the same choice of output.  The light has a great clip and you can run it on AA (150 lumens) or CR123 (350 lumens) with no adaptor needed.  If the light’s rolling around in the bottom of her purse she’s not really carrying it as a tactical light anyway so she can lock it out by giving the rear end a quarter twist.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Streamlight ProTac 1L-AA is worth a look.  10 Tap programming just like on your 2L gives her the same choice of output.  The light has a great clip and you can run it on AA (150 lumens) or CR123 (350 lumens) with no adaptor needed.  If the light’s rolling around in the bottom of her purse she’s not really carrying it as a tactical light anyway so she can lock it out by giving the rear end a quarter twist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the help.

I have found that women typically don't do well with multi mode lights that you have to rub your head and pat your stomach to get to work right. This is why I recommended the Sunwayman-it just has a tail switch and a variable twist ring. Low is really low, high is 570 lumens. Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have found that women typically don't do well with multi mode lights that you have to rub your head and pat your stomach to get to work right. This is why I recommended the Sunwayman-it just has a tail switch and a variable twist ring. Low is really low, high is 570 lumens. Pretty simple.
View Quote

I own a V11r and it’s a nice light.  It has a well protected button and would be a good choice as well.  

The 10 Tap programming on the Streamlight is something the OP is already familiar with and is very easy to use.  The “programming” part is something you do only when you want to switch between the three available output options.  Once you do that (probably only once), actually controlling the light is done with the button and is simple and intuitive.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I own a V11r and it’s a nice light.  It has a well protected button and would be a good choice as well.  

The 10 Tap programming on the Streamlight is something the OP is already familiar with and is very easy to use.  The “programming” part is something you do only when you want to switch between the three available output options.  Once you do that (probably only once), actually controlling the light is done with the button and is simple and intuitive.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got two V11Rs, an M11R and had a V10R.

Can't go wrong with the variable output.

Another two are the EagleTac D25C Titanium clicky (CR123A/16340 li-ion,) or the D25A Titanium clicky (AA/14500 li-ion) flashlights, now on the 2015 version.  Good mode spacing, shrouded rear reverse clicky, memory if you want it and plenty bright with li-ions

Chris
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Surefire G2x or G2zx are my go to tactical illumination tool.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Surefire G2x or G2zx are my go to tactical illumination tool.
View Quote

This.  I got my wife a G2X Pro and she likes it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top