Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2016 7:57:51 AM EDT
Yeah, I got big feet.

The hunt so far has led to Gold Toe. But I keep seeing reviews that say they've changed and now fall apart. Many on the first day.

The last ones, from Cabela's, I got said up to 14, but really were more size 12.

I'm just need some comfortable work socks in my size that could last at least a year without costing $20 a piece.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a 13. I wear "Darn Tough" X-Large and they have a little room. I bet they would fit you. They are guaranteed for life and are very comfortable. They are around $17 a pair though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Another vote for Darn Tough, I wear them every day.  They have sizes up to 17 in some styles.  Shop around for best price.

http://darntough.com/men/men-s-work/john-henry-boot-sock-cushion

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for Darn Tough. I have a few pairs of SmartWool but I only wear those when I don't need to do a lot of walking. Darn Tough is far superior IMO.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Another size 15 here.  For day to day regular sneaker socks, i wear Under Armour socks.  Their XL socks fit just fine.
For wool socks/boot socks, I wear REI house brand wool socks..  Their XL socks fit me fine.  Cheaper than some other name brands, but you still pay for the REI name.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
15EEEE here..... I wear no-name white ones from the outlet...
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#6]
14 e.e.e.

Buy Diabetic socks on ebay, $3-4 a Pair
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 6:36:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Darn tough for me too. Just bought a 6 pack on Amazon for $80. No show, light cushion. They have 2X-large which I am sure would fit, not in 6 pack tho. I wear size 13 and have XL and they fit great.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I wear a size 14 and buy Wigwam Super 60 Tube Socks. 6 pack for about $20. No problems yet.

Socks
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

14 e.e.e.

View Quote
14EEE

I was shopping for socks and another customer mentioned this and said they are made looser and have better padding? I need to get a pair to try and stop being cheap.

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
14EEE
I was shopping for socks and another customer mentioned this and said they are made looser and have better padding? I need to get a pair to try and stop being cheap.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
14 e.e.e.

14EEE

you don't get anymore feet...I bitch at $4 a pair and can't believe anyone paying $10+++ for a pair of sox....the aforementioned sox have done me well for
10 years or more..
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in size 16EEE, and I swear these are the most comfortable socks I've ever worn. Sign up for their emails and you'll get a 10% coupon code, too. They have great customer service as well. I had a sock, a single sock, that came to me messed up, and they sent me 3 full pairs for replacements.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for darn tough. I wear XL and I'm size 13 there is some room left in them. Just be sure and get some of their lighter offerings for summer
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I wear Smartwool, I think they are worth the extra cost.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Another size 15 here.  For day to day regular sneaker socks, i wear Under Armour socks.  Their XL socks fit just fine.
For wool socks/boot socks, I wear REI house brand wool socks..  Their XL socks fit me fine.  Cheaper than some other name brands, but you still pay for the REI name.
View Quote

lucky you, I bought their xl socks and could barely get the thing on my foot, I am extrawide, but my foot is about a 13 1/2 long. I want some that are not as tall as boot socks, but not to short either.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
14 e.e.e.

View Quote

they were great until they started making them in pakistan and are smaller. I hope to find some more that were made in USA. only downside is they do wear holes in them kinda quickly.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#17]
17/18EEE here depending on MFG , basic no name socks from Costco for daily use, the lifetime warranty socks from bass pro for security/steel toe boots
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:43:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

15EEEE here..... I wear no-name white ones from the outlet...
View Quote
Same here.

They start out tight, but they end up loose

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top