[#2]
Do they have any deals on shipping?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]
dunno about shipping......
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#4]
They have the intermediate black bag for $19 so all 3 pieces are about $43

Also $10 poncho liners in ACU, Woodland or MARPAT and heavy weight polar fleece style cold weather overalls for $4

Shipping for me was OK @ $13 for the bivy bag and the green patrol bag, $37 delivered.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They have the intermediate black bag for $19 so all 3 pieces are about $43

Also $10 poncho liners in ACU, Woodland or MARPAT and heavy weight polar fleece style cold weather overalls for $4

Shipping for me was OK @ $13 for the bivy bag and the green patrol bag.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

View Quote
Are those usgi poncho liners?

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.prepandmore.com/poncho-liner-acu-camouflage/

http://www.prepandmore.com/poncho-liner-digital-marpat-camouflage/

http://www.prepandmore.com/poncho-liner-woodland-camouflage/

All three have similar as descriptions:

LINER ATTACHMENT METHOD: TIE TAPE

CLOTH:  OXFORD INNER LAYER
            BATTING INTERMEDIATE LAYER
            OXFORD OUTER LAYER
            NYLON INNER LAYER
            POLYESTER INTERMEDIATE LAYER
            NYLON OUTER LAYER

MANUFACTURERS CODE: 81349

NON-DEFINITIVE GOVERNMENT SPEC/STD REFERENCE: MIL-L-43335

NONDEFINITIVE SPEC/STD DATA: 1 CLASS

NSN: 8405-00-889-3683

This is a military surplus item and may have been issued and used by our troops. We inspect items for rips, tears, missing pieces and anything else that would affect the usability of the item. Surplus products may be dirty and smell musty from storage, but with a soap and water cleaning should return to full functionality.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LINER ATTACHMENT METHOD: TIE TAPE

CLOTH:  OXFORD INNER LAYER

BATTING INTERMEDIATE LAYER

OXFORD OUTER LAYER

NYLON INNER LAYER

POLYESTER INTERMEDIATE LAYER

NYLON OUTER LAYER

MANUFACTURERS CODE: 81349

NON-DEFINITIVE GOVERNMENT SPEC/STD REFERENCE: MIL-L-43335

NONDEFINITIVE SPEC/STD DATA: 1 CLASS

NSN: 8405-00-889-3683

This is a military surplus item and may have been issued and used by our troops. We inspect items for rips, tears, missing pieces and anything else that would affect the usability of the item. Surplus products may be dirty and smell musty from storage, but with a soap and water cleaning should return to full functionality.

Well that's a great price then!

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
A US GI MARPAT poncho liner for $9.99................
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#9]
double tap
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A US GI MARPAT poncho liner for $9.99................
View Quote

Theres goes 50 bucks thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Can someone give us a review when they receive the Bivy cover? Condition, etc? Same for the marpat woobie. Thanks!

Steve
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can someone give us a review when they receive the Bivy cover? Condition, etc? Same for the marpat woobie. Thanks!

Steve
View Quote

Sure will. I bought this as spare/loaner/truck bag but can compare this to my excellent condition bag that may or may not have been issued to me at some point . Most of the recent surplus I have come across has been in great shape though. I recently bought a couple MARPAT poncho liners from Uncle Sams outlet when they had their $10 sale and they were lightly used, near excellent condition.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#13]
THANKS OP.

I was looking at buying just the bivy cover on another site. It alone would have cost more than I paid for the bivy plus the two bags with shipping.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Shipping was 14 bucks....What a deal !
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Got mine today. The bivy had almost no signs of use. The bags had some wear but were generally in pretty good shape.

Anyone know off hand what size stuff/compression sacks the MSS sleeping bags take?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:48:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got home from hockey game and found a very well taped and very heavy duty cardboard box on porch. Inside was the bivy and green patrol bag.

I dont have time for a full blown review with pics right now so heres the summary:

- Bivy looks new, possibly unissued.  Seriously.
- Patrol bag was used very good + possibly used lightly a time or two, washed once based on label wear and some of the fill being a little off. Less than a minute lofting it up and its good to go. Looks & smells like storage more than anything.
- I am very pleased. Exceeded expectations on both pieces. Was hoping for a good used setup and got VG+
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:53:53 AM EDT
[#17]
That's good everyone's stuff basically looks new. Having used the issued one's, I would suggest really washing them well then hitting them with some spray on goretex waterproofing treatment. You may wake up soggy and disappointed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:08:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's good everyone's stuff basically looks new. Having used the issued one's, I would suggest really washing them well then hitting them with some spray on goretex waterproofing treatment. You may wake up soggy and disappointed.
View Quote

Absolutely. The DWR needs to be reapplied with some frequency to keep it in optimal shape. I use mine more than most probably do for all of my overnights summer/winter. I have a few spares but if you take care of them they will last a long time. Zippers, as most always, are the weak point. If they start to delaminate there is little (that I have found) to be done to stop it so buy a spare!
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#19]
To reiterate part of my above post: DO NOT assume your surplus bags are clean.  They only had to smell clean when they were turned in.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just got home from hockey game and found a very well taped and very heavy duty cardboard box on porch. Inside was the bivy and green patrol bag.

I dont have time for a full blown review with pics right now so heres the summary:

- Bivy looks new, possibly unissued.  Seriously.
- Patrol bag was used very good + possibly used lightly a time or two, washed once based on label wear and some of the fill being a little off. Less than a minute lofting it up and its good to go. Looks & smells like storage more than anything.
- I am very pleased. Exceeded expectations on both pieces. Was hoping for a good used setup and got VG+
View Quote

so a new/unissued GI Gore-tex bivy bag for................$15.99

wow

If you told us that in the 1980s we would have laughed.......
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got my order.

2x Bivy bags and they were in excellent condition.  Also picked up an insect net canopy and it was in great shape.  Good heads up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got mine in today.

1 like new bivy bag.

1 lightly used patrol bag.

Well packed and fast shipping.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone order one of the USMC packs?
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I picked up a FILBE from Uncle Sams about a month or two ago....not sure whatcha fishing for though
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I picked up a FILBE from Uncle Sams about a month or two ago....not sure whatcha fishing for though
View Quote
I have one of these I picked up locally, but was wondering if anyone ordered from them

http://www.prepandmore.com/usmc-ilbe-marpat-main-pack-woodland-camo-grade-1/

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Placed on order!  Hope this  deal works!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#27]
They have good prices on NATO cans too.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Great find, thanks. Got a whole system for much less than the first one I bought years ago.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Ahhhh I bit.  Gore-Tex bivy, cold weather bag & a MARPAT poncho liner to the door for $58.00.
I'll stuff sack it and throw it in the truck...Thanks OP, I tried to ignore but page 2 did it for me
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I got two poncho liners. One is in very good shape. The other one is ERDL pattern with some broken stitching in the quilting, also has a couple of the ties cut. I'm happy for $10 each.

I also ordered the MSS. The black bag is in good condition, the zippers are good and the snaps are all there. The green bag has a tear along the drawstring around the "hood", The zipper and snaps are good. For the price I'm not complaining.  The bivy cover didn't get packed though. I contacted them though their site. I'll see how they take care of it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Are those the waterproof poncho liners?

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 1:09:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Are those the waterproof poncho liners?

View Quote

Woobies Liner, Wet Weather, Poncho 1Ea.

Yes, they are the awesome blanket, but not waterproof. Your tank suggests that you are familiar with them, but your wording kinda threw me off.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 4:06:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah I was thinking these poncho liners were those blankets. I think we called the water proof ones just ponchos. What threw me off is when I put in the nsn # from the description into google I saw some websites say these were waterproof. I guess Its been awhile

Eta: I haven't been able to find those marpat ponchos anywhere. They were a good piece of gear.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
so a new/unissued GI Gore-tex bivy bag for................$15.99

wow

If you told us that in the 1980s we would have laughed.......
View Quote

Can you imagine if I'd told ya that M16's would be 20 grand and bivy covers 20 bucks?

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Edit- Black goes in green
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#37]
We'll there goes $90!
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:09:22 AM EDT
[#38]
In for a bivy, patrol bag and woobie. Will provide feedback when they arrive.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Bought 2 patrol bags. Excellent price
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks to OP to showing this deal.

Bivy bags were excellent.  You can tell from the Velcro they've been very lightly used, but otherwise pristine.
Marpat poncho liners were only average, they were clean but lots of use.  One had a lot of missing stitching on the quilting (hanging off), the other had the attachments cut off.  Decent for $10 I thought.  A few months ago I bought some from USRO which were nearly new ($15 each IIRC), so the difference really showed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#41]
They got me squared away this morning. I will be buying some more stuff from them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Tick...Tock....waiting....

The box is here...Like new Bivi bag...VG green sleeping bag...
Next up Gas cans...will use discount code this time....
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#43]
I bought 3 sets of sleep systems.

I would rate the 3 bivy bags as excellent condition, only one has a very small mark on it, a scuff the size of a quarter all are clean bright and 100% functional.

I would rate my 3 green bags as excellent also, you can see on the velcro on one that it is used, but they are all clean bright no tears, 100% functional.

My 3 black bags, one has some slight discoloration, dirty velcro and is missing the bungee cord in the hood, the other 2 only have slightly dirty velcro but are excellent besides that.

I am very happy with my order, I only wish they had compression bags for them as well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Ordered a few bivies, woobies, and green bags. Perfect as I don't need the black bags and needed some warm weather beater bags!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I got my 2 green bags today. They look brand new but slightly musty from storage. Honestly can't tell if they have been used or not.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Mine arrived today.

The green patrol bag looks like it's never been used.  As others have noted, it smelled like it had been in storage.  I good wash with some Dead Down Wind took care of that and it's literally as good as new.

The woodland camo woobie was in outstanding shape as well.  No rips or scuffs, all of the ties are present, all of the stitching was intact.  It still had the white bar code tag attached. Again, it smelled as if it had been in storage, so I washed it along with the patrol bag and it's fantastic.

The goretex bivy sack was in excellent shape as well.  There were three spots that had very small pinhole spots that look as if they had been repaired with some type of sealer.  It also had the storage smell.  I've washed it in Nikwax Tech Wash and then TX.Direct In.  It came out wonderfully.  Again, aside from the small pinholes, it looks as if it were never used.

I'm very satisfied with all of them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Any good deals left?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Got the three pieces to make a complete bag yesterday. Looks in great shape with little to no wear on all pieces. I believe green bag goes inside the black bag ,but I'm not former mil so this could be wrong.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Got the three pieces to make a complete bag yesterday. Looks in great shape with little to no wear on all pieces. I believe green bag goes inside the black bag ,but I'm not former mil so this could be wrong.
View Quote

Yes that's correct
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#50]
My green bag has a 6" busted seam on the outside by the feet.  
Both green and black bags have stretched out cord at the top.

Both woodland woobies have some messed up quilt stitching.  One is missing a couple ties.  One has a 2" tear.  

Bought the fleece overalls for $4.  Shorter than expected--will try to find someone to give them to (kids, wife, neighbor).

Glove liners are gtg.

Happy for the price, but need to break out the needle + green thread for the busted seam on the green bag.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top