Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2015 12:56:44 PM EDT
I found a few flare tubes while clearing out some things.  Back in the day, real men had these 100 mph taped to their kabar sheath with a survival kit inside.  What are your users for these gems?  Store silver rounds? Spare bolts?  Field Collins glass?

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
They don't seal well enough to be of much use.

They are kinda cool, though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, that's pretty much my thoughts. I don't have any real use for them, but always stop before I throw them out... I'm trying to think of something to store in them that doesn't have to be waterproof.  Ancient scrolls are out....
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I keep a small sharping stone set with honing oil in one.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:27:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep my weapons cleaning kit in mine. Fits bore snake, dental pics, CLP bottle, and brush easily.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keep my weapons cleaning kit in mine. Fits bore snake, dental pics, CLP bottle, and brush easily.
View Quote

This.

Mine has:
1" paint brush
2 x dental pick
Bore snake
toothbrush
small bottle CLP
4x cleaning rod sections
Outside I wrapped a roll of electrical tape and some 100mph tape
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#6]
made a nice fishing kit out of mine ala dave canturberry method, floats and hooks and stuff inside it, with fishing line and ranger bands on the outside.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I lined mine with scrap mouse pad neoprene and use it to stow my AR15 .22LR conversion kit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top