Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2015 6:08:22 PM EDT
How long does the fuel in a Jetboil last?  Im planning on sending my girlfriend to NTC (National Training Center at Fort Irwin, CA) with one.  I want to make sure she's got enough fuel for it to last 28 days.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I used mine elk hunting last fall for a hot meal on the mt.   Prolly used 12 times in 3 weeks and I never had to change fuel cans.

If she finds my old steel helmet out there let me know.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a couple of those mongo sized fuel cells!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How long does the fuel in a Jetboil last?  Im planning on sending my girlfriend to NTC (National Training Center at Fort Irwin, CA) with one.  I want to make sure she's got enough fuel for it to last 28 days.
View Quote

I was an OC/T for...a while.

I carried one regular size fuel cell and a backup for when the primary went empty.  Never went through more than a full one in a rotation. If she's playing with RTU she probably wont need it much unless she's out on a retrans or something like that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends on what she's using it for. Their site says the actual burn time but I can't remember it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#5]
What size canister is she wanting? 100g, 250g, or 500g? How many meals a day will she be making with it, and what type or meals will they be?

More information is required.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]
REI claims JB does 12L boiled per 100 grams of fuel.  This is probably in perfect conditions-- No Wind, water not very cold, etc.

So, those little 100 gram JetBoil cartridges may produce 12L boiled.  Bigger 220 gram cans will screw in and work, they are merely too large to stow in most of the old, narrow flux ring cups.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:56:34 AM EDT
[#7]
If you dont have a jetboil yet,   get the shorter one..   its much easier to eat out of and clean up..          think is the solo or sol or something along those lines..          I dont bring them to crazy boil, just warm enough to eat and when it has noodles.. I let them soak more than boil and I dont use much fuel at all..          coffee takes more I think..lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top