Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2015 10:41:05 PM EDT
Who has them?
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Ebay. Shipping makes it pricey, but not crazy so.... and very plentiful
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the gun show.  $5 each, no shipping, and since it's a gun show, no sales tax
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:09:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Word-of-mouth has always worked best for me, but right now on Daily Steals they have the closest civilian equivalent for $49 a case shipped. My brother ordered some, I looked into it for him.

EDIT: Here is the link to the deal. Based on reading I did online, the "A Pack" variety appears to be the closest thing to issue that is on the civilian market. My brother lives in GA and I am in VT, so I won't be able to see, but I can ask him for photos once the items arrive.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Word-of-mouth has always worked best for me, but right now on Daily Steals they have the closest civilian equivalent for $49 a case shipped. My brother ordered some, I looked into it for him.

EDIT: Here is the link to the deal. Based on reading I did online, the "A Pack" variety appears to be the closest thing to issue that is on the civilian market. My brother lives in GA and I am in VT, so I won't be able to see, but I can ask him for photos once the items arrive.
View Quote

The A-Pack Ready meals aren't fully comparable to a military MRE.
They just have the military entrée.

Beef Stew
KIT INCLUDES:
BEEF STEW ENTRÉE  
FRUIT FLAVORED CANDIES
FIG BAR
RAISINS
CRACKERS
PEPPERMINT FLAVORED MINTS
SEASONING PACKET
PEPPER
SPORK
TOWELETTE
HEATER
SALT WATER FOR HEATER
http://www.readymeal.com/meals/beefstew.html

MRE Full Case Components Comparison Chart
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREEDOM-OF-CHOICE-2-A-PACKS-RATIONS-2014-/281532561074?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418ca5f6b2

I have been buying A-packs from this seller with success. The menus are pretty good imho. His have a different breakdown than previously posted though.
Mine have-
Entree
Oatmeal cookie
Vanilla shake
Crackers
Peanut butter
M&Ms
Heater
Spoon
Etc.

ETA- He has also had some good auctions selling the individual components by the dozen as well.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I try to pick them up at gunshows or the local flea markets. I like the true military ones rather than the civilian mil-spec ones. Usually get them for $4-5 each. Ones I got couple of weekends ago were 2011 manufacture. $60 case. No shipping. Cash and carry. YMMV.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/00231.html

I have never seen these guys beaten.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#9]
site here has them for $52-$65
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Close to any military bases? I picked up 4 cases with 2015 inspection date at $25 each. Just check craigslist.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:58:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Close to any military bases? I picked up 4 cases with 2015 inspection date at $25 each. Just check craigslist.
View Quote
this, And OP does not live near a good base..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top