Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 9:24:40 PM EDT
I always see homeopathic medicine in ads in my magazines. Are they worth it or just one giant placebo?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I always see homeopathic medicine in ads in my magazines. Are they worth it or just one giant placebo?
View Quote

Homeopathy is a crock of shit. Take an aspirin, throw it in Lake Mead, let it dissolve completely, then bottle an ounce of the water, whack it a bit, slap a label on it, and it's homeopathic pain reliever.

Do not confuse homeopathy with natural medicines. Many modern medicines were derived from natural sources (example: aspirin from willow trees), so it's not a bad idea to familiarize yourself with wild edibles and natural medicinal plants, etc.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
First reply nailed it.  Its snake oil.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
They are an essential part of being prepared.

I store mine next to my magnetic bracelet, copper bracelets, colloidal silver, aroma therapy oils and harmonic crystal pendants.  All that stuff is in the sweat lodge I built under a huge pyramid I use to harness pyramid power during the summer solstice.

This is a big part of the weird trick I've used to make millions and attract stunning women.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Homeopathy is a crock of shit. Take an aspirin, throw it in Lake Mead, let it dissolve completely, then bottle an ounce of the water, whack it a bit, slap a label on it, and it's homeopathic pain reliever.

Do not confuse homeopathy with natural medicines. Many modern medicines were derived from natural sources (example: aspirin from willow trees), so it's not a bad idea to familiarize yourself with wild edibles and natural medicinal plants, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I asked and I figured.

Recommend any reading material on natural medicine?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I guess it depends on what type of "homeopathic" stuff you're referring to. Some of it is scientifically backed, and works (within it's realm and capabilities). For example, it has long been known that silver is a good antimicrobial. That being said, you can't expect colloidal silver to cure cancer, but putting it on an injury, sure! They make commercially available bandages with the stuff. Anyways, you just have to be careful about what it IS that you are spending money on. It all expires faster than conventional meds, FWIW.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, I guess it depends on what type of "homeopathic" stuff you're referring to. Some of it is scientifically backed, and works (within it's realm and capabilities). For example, it has long been known that silver is a good antimicrobial. That being said, you can't expect colloidal silver to cure cancer, but putting it on an injury, sure! They make commercially available bandages with the stuff. Anyways, you just have to be careful about what it IS that you are spending money on. It all expires faster than conventional meds, FWIW.
View Quote

That is not homeopathic, that is not alternative. It is either medically proven or it isn't.

Normally I wouldn't quote Wikipedia, but this one is accurate..
Homeopathy
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Just to further jump on the bandwagon.

"Natural" or "alternative" or "eastern" medicine can be hit or miss - there are certainly things in all of these that work.  There's also a lot of things that don't.  Silver, accupuncture, antibiotic honey, etc. are examples of things that often do have some truth to them.

Homeopathy, however, is the idea that you dilute something a bazillion times and it makes it more powerful, and has been proven many times over to be fake/useless, other than as a placebo.  Stay away.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:10:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Sure.

Water is a key prep.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I store mine next to my magnetic bracelet, copper bracelets, colloidal silver, aroma therapy oils and harmonic crystal pendants.  All that stuff is in the sweat lodge I built under a huge pyramid I use to harness pyramid power during the summer solstice.

This is a big part of the weird trick I've used to make millions and attract stunning women.
View Quote

But do you burn sage in there....   :p

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interestingly burning sage turns my aura blue, much in the same way doing therapeutic touch against the grain can stifle the flow of chi from my meridians.  Luckily I've invested massively in Feng Shui in my preps, so that coupled with moxibustion and psychic surgery should see me through most any eventuality.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:25:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Interestingly burning sage turns my aura blue, much in the same way doing therapeutic touch against the grain can stifle the flow of chi from my meridians.  Luckily I've invested massively in Feng Shui in my preps, so that coupled with moxibustion and psychic surgery should see me through most any eventuality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolute and utter bullshit. Unless you align your crystals with your vortices you ain't doin' nuthin'....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top