Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 10:48:49 AM EDT
I've bought one for my nephew...he digs and I was impressed-even considering snagging myself one

No interest in deal, just passing along:

Link

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one I bought for a diaper bag.  After about 6 months of using it once or twice a week to carry diapers and baby clothes to a grandparent's house or the occasional restaurant, the fabric and stitching at the seams around the top pocket and main compartment started just falling apart, and the fabric ripped badly enough that it couldn't be sewn back together.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Great deal.  These are nice bags. I have one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had one 5 years and it's currently next to me in my Peterbilt. It's seen a lot of use but seams and zippers all still work so I highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I bought two of these ~5 years ago to use as get-me-home bags and they have held up just fine.  Good bookbag for school also, holds and carries a load well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]
A nice copy of the Spec Ops T.H.E. pack, but without the bright yellow material on the inside.

Great deal if you don't mind not having the yellow interior.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one I bought for a diaper bag.  After about 6 months of using it once or twice a week to carry diapers and baby clothes to a grandparent's house or the occasional restaurant, the fabric and stitching at the seams around the top pocket and main compartment started just falling apart, and the fabric ripped badly enough that it couldn't be sewn back together.
View Quote

This is true  crappy bag ask me how I know

went to LBT co,
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had mine for almost 5 years. My EDC bag for most of that time.

Never had a seem fail. But did bust a zipper. Not a big deal since it's a two way zipper.

The straps have frayed, but as I said, my EDC bag for almost five full years and numerous Scouting trips.  

I'd buy another.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#8]
And here in is the problem you face with low cost gear across the board. It's a crap shoot, the QA if any is inconsistent. Some of you guys have gotten hard honest service out of your rig while others had it fall apart almost at once.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Use coupon code LAPG for 5% off.  Won't cover shipping but might give you a couple bucks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A nice copy of the Spec Ops T.H.E. pack, but without the bright yellow material on the inside.

View Quote

I have both

the spec ops one is much stronger material and stitching. It's pretty much indestructible and I hate to say better quality than my LBT packs.

the LAPG is really hard to beat for the price though
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And here in is the problem you face with low cost gear across the board. It's a crap shoot, the QA if any is inconsistent. Some of you guys have gotten hard honest service out of your rig while others had it fall apart almost at once.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is true. But see below...

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have both

the spec ops one is much stronger material and stitching. It's pretty much indestructible and I hate to say better quality than my LBT packs.

the LAPG is really hard to beat for the price though

I think these two are the most valid statements made so far.

Sure knock off "non hard use" gear is a crap shoot. But if you're buying a pack from LAPG you're probably looking for a lower cost piece of gear that's not going to put to a lot of hard use.  

Would I take mine on a deployment? Probably not. Scout camping trip with the kids? Done it, multiple times.  So the addage you get what you pay for applies.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Ordered one in OD. I'll post pics when it gets here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#13]
For the price, I am guessing no, but does this have an internal frame?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For the price, I am guessing no, but does this have an internal frame?
View Quote

Nope, no internal frame. Spec Ops makes a plastic insert that acts as a frame.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I have had mine for about 5 years and its been around the world with me, with no issues.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 3:53:02 AM EDT
[#16]
The stitching in my gave out in about 2 months.  For a normal bs backpack it's fine.  For anything I had to rely on I'd pass.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:01:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I missed the sale but they had a 15% off promo code making it about the same price. Thanks for the link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top