Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2014 1:05:06 PM EDT
Just to give everyone else a heads up:   I ordered a case of Eversafe (Warnick Manufacturing) MRE's from Munire (Link) via their weekend special. Shipping was pricey, but they shipped fast and I received the MRE case 5 days after ordering. The MRE's were packed in a box from the factory. When I opened it, the box was sealed with large packaging staples with tape on top of the flaps. Unfortunately, the 3 MREs packaed on the bottom were ruined due to the staples - the staples punctured the outer MRE bags as well as several of the inner food contents bags of each of the 3 MREs. Buyer beware when ordering Eversafe MREs.

I did contact the company by email today and told them of the issue. I'm not happy that literally 1/4 of the MREs were ruined due to the manufacturer's packaging techniques. Hopefully Munire will contact me in the next day or two to resolve the issue satisfactorily. I'll update this thread if I get a response from them.

On a slightly different topic, I did eat one of the Eversafe MREs yesterday (one that was not ruined from the staples) while on a dual sport ride in Pike National Forest. The MRE was quite tasty and I was happy with it. If it wasn't for this packaging issue I would be recommending Eversafe.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up. Are they giving you pushback about it or taking it back?

I was thinking of getting some when they were at that ridiculously low price.

also will the system let me know if you reply to this via email? I am new to ar15.com
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up. Are they giving you pushback about it or taking it back?

I was thinking of getting some when they were at that ridiculously low price.

also will the system let me know if you reply to this via email? I am new to ar15.com
View Quote

Since I just emailed Minura Customer Service today, being a holiday, I would expect (hope) they would contact me tomorrow. I'll update this thread if they do.

For notifications to replies to this thread, you have to subscribe to it. Find your post, above, click the 'edit' button, then select the drop-down for subscribing to this thread 'with instant email notifications'. There you go. And welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]
subscribed
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#4]
subscribed

curious how they handle this
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Still no contact or reply from Munire, though it has only been half of a work day since I contacted them. However, I was looking at the Munire MRE webpage and noticed that the review I wrote (which stated the problem, above) had been removed. Hmmmmmmm...not looking good thus far.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]
A bit of an update:

First, here are some pictures of the punctured MRE's. If you look closely, you'll notice that not only is the outer clear bag punctured, but so is the pouch of food underneath. Granted, it only appears to be the 'snack bread' pouch and not the entree, but still, the manufacturer's box stapling technique should not ruin 1/4 of the MRE's in each case.

And here are some of the offending staples that caused the punctures:

Now for the update.  A very Indian-sounding woman from Munire called me just as I was leaving work today. She was a bit difficult to communicate with but she did offer that if I sent photos of the punctured MRE's they would send me replacements. She said they would try to replace with the same entree meals, but that was no guarantee. I hope that they don't stick me with the crappy ones. While a bit of me hopes they would offer to send me a full replacement case of MRE's, I'd be satisfied if they just made it right by sending me 3 replacement MRE's.  I just emailed them the photos, so we'll see what happens next, and how long it will take.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully they take care of you. Keep us updated!
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]
An update: I did not have any contact from Munire since for the previous 8 days which is when I sent them an email with the photos of the damaged MREs and my preferences for the replacement entrees. Today I received an automated email from Munire stating that a $0 order was placed for 4 individual MREs to be shipped to me. That's good news as it looks like replacements (one more than the number that was damaged) will be on their way to me soon. I'll update everyone when the order arrives and if the requested entrees were sent.

So far so good.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:59:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't buy because I wanted to see what the outcome would be for you with the company.  I guess I shouldn't have waited since they don't have any MREs left in stock
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't buy because I wanted to see what the outcome would be for you with the company.  I guess I shouldn't have waited since they don't have any MREs left in stock
View Quote

I'd imagine they'd get more in if they sold out of their MRE stockpile fairly quickly. Unless a lot of customers were like me and received cases with MRE's damaged due to the staples.

I still have only eaten the one EverSafe MRE,  but it was rather tasty. I'm hoping that the rest of the entrees will be as good.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I received a tracking number for the 4 replacement MREs today. They're due to be delivered by UPS on Monday. Hopefully they didn't send me crappy entrees.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:45:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Final Update: Munire came through as they said they would. Today I received a box from them with 4 MREs, each of the entrees that I requested. I'm pleased with how they handled this.

Yesterday I ate one of my true military MREs that I had which was right at its expiration date. It had been stored properly, so I'm thinking the expiration date could be extended quite a bit. Regardless, it was the next one in my rotation to consume. It reminded me that the Eversafe MRE's were much tastier. I would order another case of the Eversafe MREs from Munire if they had more in stock. Sadly they are OOS and I have no idea if/when they will ever sell them again at the price I got my case for.

For anyone that purchases Eversafe MREs from any other sources, be sure to unpack the entire case upon arrival to ensure that the bottom ones were not punctured from Eversafe's  poor packaging/stapling techniques. Other than that one issue, but the Eversafe MREs with confidence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top