BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 4:07:32 AM EDT
WOOT

I have no idea about these
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:07:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I prefer gas... 4 gallons for 11 hours versus a 20 gal propane tank for 11 hours... unless you are willing to stack up 5-10 propane tanks, to me, for emergencies, gas is easier.

Living in Michigan... We've used out genny 3 times, for a few days each time, in the last year. What you buy will depend heavily on what you need. Do you plan on powering your whole house? Just part of it? Winter? Summer?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not currently as I am moving in the near future to another state b- I'll evaluate the situation then

this is a post for anyone interested in genny purchase
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Propane has some advantages and so does gas.  Overall, I prefer propane.  

Gas goes bad....propane does not.  

If you hook your generator to a 100 lb tank, that's about 24 gallons of propane.  A typical small generator has a 1 gallon tank.  So you get much more run time between refills.  

For that reason, I really like propane for a smaller generator.  To get the best of both worlds, get a dual fuel or a tri fuel.  Here's my conversion of a Champion generator.

I have a diesel generator for larger loads but the smaller generator is for the small loads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top