Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 1:50:45 PM EDT
Do you guys keep your summer car emergency kits stored in some kind of cooler that keeps the contents from degrading in summertime, enclosed car heat?

If so, is a softsided insulated lunchbox enough to make a difference, or is something more durable in order?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking specifically first aid kits, not water, rain gear, flares, cones, etc.  I remember reading a thread on here not too long ago where the guy got into his first aid kit to find time/heat had fried some of his first aid kit contents.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in TX and it gets to 100.

I try to choose things that hold up well, but simply throw out stuff and replace as it gets old.  I would rotate it out, but it goes bad faster than I would normally use it.

I would rather have good stuff when I need it than save a few bucks and not have it there.

My car bag is mostly first aid and food/water
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top