Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2014 12:37:04 PM EDT
I recently purchased the Stealth 1 tent and I think it's a well built tent but do have some questions hopefully you guys could answer for me.  Forgive my ignorance as i'm sure these are some dumb questions.  Now in the bag with the stakes came two other items.

Now i'm guessing that the picture above goes in the top of the tent for a little shelf?   Like this?  
The draw stings i'm not sure what they are for.  What are they?

At the bottom of the door on the tent it has two sewn in loops.  What are those for?

Also on the fly or rain cover it has string and plastic handle things.  What's their purpose?

Thanks for any input guys.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Item 1 is guylines.  I don't have any experience with that tent so they may be replacements, or just included in case the ones on the tent aren't long enough for the terrain.
Item 2 you have set up correctly.  Most manufacturers call it a gear loft.  
Item 3 is to tie down your sleeping pad.
Item 4 is to let you roll up the fly door for extra ventilation when the weather won't let you just leave off the fly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The draw stings i'm not sure what they are for.  What are they?

At the bottom of the door on the tent it has two sewn in loops.  What are those for?

Also on the fly or rain cover it has string and plastic handle things.  What's their purpose?

Thanks for any input guys.
View Quote

Well, you guessed the mesh netting.  It indeed goes inside and connects to the roof to create a little storage loft.  Works great for a small flashlight to illuminate the whole tent or just keep those smaller handy items handy and with quick access.

I have two of the two-man stealth tents.  They're older (about 7-8 years) and my do-all tents for car-camping or loaning out to kids from our church.  

The toggles and tie-tabs are to secure the doors when you roll them open.  Very simple as it show a corresponding tie or small loop on the opposite (inside) side.  Just roll the side door/netting and the both connecting points should reveal their purpose.

The "draw strings" are guy lines.  The plastic holed device is actually a cord tension device.  You tie one end to the tent and adjust the loop on the other end with the tension devise and it serves as a guy line, Not sure exactly where it would attach to without seeing exactly how your tent is set up, but they are often connected to the ends of the tent to support the fly or inner part of the tent.  

Oh, noticing the two tie cords on the fly...mine is set up to tie over the tent poles when set up to just keep them more secure.  Some tents can be set up just using the fly and those tie loops just give it a more secure attachment point.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you guys.  On the fly on each corner it has tie strings but with the back two each has a metal ring with them also.  I'm not sure what all four ties are for.  I did find the one that holds the fly door open.

I took some more pictures to try to see where the guy lines go.  

277umr- What part are you looking at that secures the sleeping pad?
ROCK6- How have your tents held up?  Did I make a good choice on my tent?

Thanks again guys for your help.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

277umr- What part are you looking at that secures the sleeping pad?
View Quote

Disregard that.  I guess I scrolled too fast through that picture and assumed the loops were on the inside of the tent.  I'll blame it on working on a Sunday.

As for the purpose of the ties at the corners of the fly I can make a wild guess that they involve setting it up with just the fly and not the tent body.  But I'm just guessing at that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I was looking at those. How heavy is it?
How small does it pack down?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was looking at those. How heavy is it?
How small does it pack down?
View Quote

I don't have a scale here but it's fairly light I think and it packs down to 24"x7"x7" but that's in the carrying case it comes with.
50rd box of 9mm for reference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top