Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 7:17:28 AM EDT
I'm trying to decide between these two:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321375943750?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.westmarine.com/flexible-water-tanks/moeller--5-gallon-water-container--1914969

I've handled only the blue one.  It's like a gas can where the top comes off and inside is a flexible spout.  But the .mil seems to have a more robust cap with built in pour spout, no funnel to mess with.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Go with the military cans as long as they don't have weird smells.

Those cans are very durable and easy to use.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't buy these MCI water cans on ebay, they are cheaper on buylci.com with free shipping last time I checked.

Do a search for "water can" should be around $25 bucks and these are MFR by Scepter.

They offer two different colors, here is part of my "collection":

There is no comparison between those two cans, the second can you listed won't hold a candle to these MWC.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:50:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't buy these MCI water cans on ebay, they are cheaper on buylci.com with free shipping last time I checked.

Do a search for "water can" should be around $25 bucks and these are MFR by Scepter.

They offer two different colors, here is part of my "collection":
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/sellmytires/DSCN0361_zps1bcd3ca0.jpg

There is no comparison between those two cans, the second can you listed won't hold a candle to these MWC.
View Quote

Found em.

Is Skilcraft comparable to Scepter? (same company?)

Just fyi the West Marine can itself was very robust, not flimsy plastic at all.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:02:20 AM EDT
[#4]
The skill craft and LCI cans appear to share the same part# LCI-600409 & 7240013655317 , for the OD GREEN color.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I was thinking one of each (free ship at $50) but two green is ok
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#6]
You can also buy direct from Scepter Canada or a few other websites.  I know that the MWC has one handle vice the three handles of a MFC ... but my water cans came in that "UN blue" color that helps easily ID it as potable water.

Not as cheap as LCI, however.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Not even a question. Get the .mil can all day long, preferably from LCI.

I have a bunch of them, and found one that fell off a truck (literally, I live near a military base and a lot of convoys come through). It's obviously been run over, but still works perfectly and holds water.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top