Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 7:09:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the elzetta M60 in a Gear Sector Offset mount... Its a great light and extremely durable.
Plus its 100% MADE IN USA! VERY important to me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Got a TRL 1s on the way should get it thursday cant wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally I have always been a Surefire guy when it comes to lights, but I must admit the Klarus XT11 looks awesome. Surefire has never given me any problems and is very durable. The Klarus XT11 has some awesome features that appear to give it a significant advantage over the Surefire G2X Pro Dual light that I recently bought. Both lights are priced the same and the XT11 is only 0.7 ounces heavier. For overall quality and durability how does the Klarus XT11 stack against the Surefire G2X Pro Dual? This will be a handheld light. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#5]
A weapon-light is one area where you shouldn't cut corners because if you need it and don't have it, you are fucked.

I will not recommend anyone but Surefire, they are solid built and have an awesome customer service department if you ever need them. And chances are, you will never need to talk to them again after your initial purchase. If you intentionally/unintentionally do something stupid to damage your light (like drop it out of a backpack while riding a motorcycle with it attached to a loaded G17- don't laugh, granted the light still works 100%) they will bend over backwards to fix it for you.

Go ahead and pony up for a Scout, Mini-Scout, X300 or a Scout/Millennium with a V2 head. Yeah, you may spend $300 on it, but you won't be back in here or the light/laser section in a few months when your Streamlight/other Surefire-Knockoff shits the bed on you.

I see this trend in the SF to shy away from spending money on good weaponlights/optics and instead spending 10x the initial cost stocking up 10s of thousands of rounds of ammunition. Have a quality weapon, quality parts on your gun, and a few hundred rounds ready to go. You won't be getting into any 1000rd firefights, but you might be in a situation where you will need to illuminate something after beating your rifle to hell. You want to make damn sure that your shit works when you need it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I second the TLR-1. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. I believe i own 4 or 5 of them on pistols and shotguns. Its very bright and i dig the metal contruction.

Same here. I've got 5 of 'em on everything from CZ-75's to ARs. They are VERY well-made for the money.

My only complaint is that the teeter-totter switch tends to turn itself on when the gun is in a soft case. Rounding off the switch's sharp edges with a Dremel Tool solves that issue.

I'm looking at a dead battery and have to remove it to change it, good system tho.

Link Posted: 5/7/2012 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a TLR 2s on my xdm 9

I plan on getting a Klarus XT11 for my carbine

Will most likely get a TLR 1 for my future shotgun

Link Posted: 5/8/2012 4:55:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I use my Klarus XT11 for everyday use. I recently put a X300 on my M&P and it is amazing. I plan on getting another one for my LaRue when it gets here!
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my surefire lights..
M951 on my AR (bought new on ebay for like $120)
And X300s on 2 of my Glocks (again bought new on ebay for way cheap)
And I have 2 6Ps (again ebay for $50-60 each) One is LED other isnt.. The non LED sucks cause it just dies no warning but still super bright and cheap with good batteries.

I'll stick with them at ebay pricing all day.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I tried the tlr 1 and it crapped itself after 3 months of light range use, maybe 200 rounds on my g35. I could never get streamlight to replace it after several calls and emails. I won't own any more streamlight weapon lights. The ARs have VTACs on them, the scar 17 wears a 962 with a turbo head and our Glocks all wear x200bs. One day soon, I'll buy us a couple x300s and the 200bs will be retired to the house guns. My wife carries a streamlight single cell hand held in her purse that seems to hold out fairly well. The rest of our handhelds are Surefire. I carry a G2 with lumens factory Led module. The run time isn't quite as long as a SF LED but boy is it bright!

Good luck with your tlr1. I wish my experience was better with them cause you sure can't beat the price.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I tried the tlr 1 and it crapped itself after 3 months of light range use, maybe 200 rounds on my g35. I could never get streamlight to replace it after several calls and emails. I won't own any more streamlight weapon lights. The ARs have VTACs on them, the scar 17 wears a 962 with a turbo head and our Glocks all wear x200bs. One day soon, I'll buy us a couple x300s and the 200bs will be retired to the house guns. My wife carries a streamlight single cell hand held in her purse that seems to hold out fairly well. The rest of our handhelds are Surefire. I carry a G2 with lumens factory Led module. The run time isn't quite as long as a SF LED but boy is it bright!

Good luck with your tlr1. I wish my experience was better with them cause you sure can't beat the price.

That is...odd. I have one that i've had on multiple guns, pistols and rifles. Literally thousands of rounds shot with it mounted. The casing is scratched and beat up, and i'd say it's definitely seen rough use. In training, it got hit IN THE LED with a simunition round, and it totally destroyed it. Even though that obviously isn't covered, Streamlight repaired it free of cost, upgraded it to the newer LED version, and had it back to me in a week, Some of the best customer service i've had.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Olight is an amazing light for the money.  I feel like I got a Surefire type lighting solution for just under $100 instead of $200-$300.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish they would have repaired it for me. I would love to give it another chance. Maybe I will try sending it in. Maybe that will yield better results. Maybe I never got the right person on the phone. I will say, to be fair, my 1st gen E2D had a tail cap go out. A 5 minute phone call yielded a new tail cap in less than a week with no charge. That's one of the reasons I will pay for SF. That's also the only issue I have had in Probably 20 of their products that i own.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Stick with Surefire for rifle mounted lights.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top