Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Who said what ? I like your blog alot.
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 4:15:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Who said what ? I like your blog alot.

Thank you.

I do not think I am an expert in these things, but I learn as I go along. Maybe some of what I learn will help someone else.

Link Posted: 11/25/2011 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If I had a complaint about these type of socks, it would be that they don't seem to last long. They develop holes and runs pretty quickly by

You can try to increase longevity by not wringing wet dry and using a fabric soften to act as a lubricant when wear during washing, but probably not worth the effort.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I use part of a dryer sheet when drying stuff in the dryer, using fabric softener on stuff can make it not work as well at times.

I have had bath towels not want to absorb water much, too much fabric softener was my opinion.  

Sock liners are for wicking moisture away from the feet so I am not sure if I would go with fabric softener or not.

Runs in socks are usually created by something.  I soak my feet so the calluses don't get out of control and how I cut my toenails can allow me to avoid snags as well.

The fox river sock liners are not going to live a super long life but I have 6 pair and they get worn a lot in the summer and while some are showing their age they are not to the point where I want to replace them yet.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have noticed they snag very easily on rough toenails.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I use part of a dryer sheet when drying stuff in the dryer, using fabric softener on stuff can make it not work as well at times.

I have had bath towels not want to absorb water much, too much fabric softener was my opinion.  

Sock liners are for wicking moisture away from the feet so I am not sure if I would go with fabric softener or not.

Runs in socks are usually created by something.  I soak my feet so the calluses don't get out of control and how I cut my toenails can allow me to avoid snags as well.

The fox river sock liners are not going to live a super long life but I have 6 pair and they get worn a lot in the summer and while some are showing their age they are not to the point where I want to replace them yet.
One of my hiking sock mfg'rs recommended treat their hiking socks with "Downey," to help increase life. Oh well, if it wears out it wears out. Very few man-made things last forever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top