Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Survival Forum Deals (Page 20 of 22)
Page / 22
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered 4 to add to the stash. Got 10% off my order to.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up 4 more and some peanut butter bites.  TBH i'll probably cheat and eat the PB bites.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:43:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8upwitHDs] [#3]
Pecron's email today has their E1500LFP for $799 shipped.

This is the one with Wifi and the App (the new one) and built in charging (no brick)

Pecron E1500LFP

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: planemaker] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 8upwitHDs:
Pecron's email today has their E1500LFP for $799 shipped.

This is the one with Wifi and the App (the new one) and built in charging (no brick)

Pecron E1500LFP

https://www.pecron.com/cdn/shop/products/E1500-2.jpg?v=1706172385&width=600
View Quote

I have one of these that I got during one of their BF deals. It's a nice unit. My only gripe (so far) is that their app is kinda kludgy and it doesn't seem to have a way to limit the charge current. If you plug it into the wall and it starts at say 50% charge, then it ramps up to about 1350 watts input. If you have anything else plugged into that circuit, you could pop a breaker. It's like running a blow dryer on max heat current-wise. I'd really like the ability to limit charge current like the EcoFlow units do. Slower charging is better for the longevity of the battery. I guess I could use the charger that came with the Pecron LFP600 that I'd bought last summer. It only puts out about 400W and would charge the big unit at that rate. With solar, the e1500LFP I think can take 700W input. I have a 600W big honking folding solar panel that I can use with it. It's been cloudy and/or rainy here the last 3 weeks so I haven't been able to test how well that works. Am hoping to get to test the 30A DC output (xt60) to power my ham radios. BTW, I would say this unit is "lug-able" not portable in a laptop kind of sense. It weighs like 40lbs.

I'm hoping to try to do "winter" Field Day this year. (I put "winter" in quotes because the temps here are mid-70s highs.)

ETA: I noticed the same deal running on Amazon. They also seem to be having a deal going on the expansion battery. It's supposedly 3072Wh, can be charged independently, and also has a 12V/30A output.
Amazon Product
  • Extra 3072Wh Capacity: The overall capacity of E1500LFP can reach up to 7680Wh by connecting with 2*EP3000-48V modules.

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
My local Aldi's had packs of chicken thighs for $0.99/lb, no limit. I bought 40 lbs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:27:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blackduck769] [#6]
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Iso-butane,Butane,Propane blend not the right choice for super cold/high elevations but otherwise a great price nonetheless
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#8]

They won't ship to my location. That is a great price if you guys have a store close by.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:51:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blackduck769] [#9]
Picking up one or two more case today.......
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Not amazon, but Ctechi has their (refurb) power bank on sale for $80 shipped with 50% off code HR5TFCP95XGB with LiPo batteries.  Buddy at work bought one last time they were on sale. For 80 bucks, it isnt bad at all! Small and compact.  He hasnt tried solar charging yet.

【Refurbished】 CTECHi GT200 Portable Power Station 200W / 240Wh LiFePO4 Battery

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Nothing major, but I was browsing the Walmart camping aisle today, and found 3 MH breakfast skillet meals marked down to $6 from $11 so I grabbed those, and then there was a Sawyer Mini marked down to $10 from $22.

Nice little score. Sawyer mini and 3 MH meals for $28

Worth checking your local WM to see if they are clearancing anything. I was happy with that little find today.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:28:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Picked up a new chinese diesel heater on Amazon for $59.99
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
Picked up a new chinese diesel heater on Amazon for $59.99
View Quote

Link please
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By KillyMcGee:

Link please
View Quote
Was sold out yesterday which is why I didn't post a link, but looks to be back in stock. Use the $10 coupon and the code to save an additional 40%.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B6JG41MB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Was sold out yesterday which is why I didn't post a link, but looks to be back in stock. Use the $10 coupon and the code to save an additional 40%.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B6JG41MB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
View Quote

I'll give it try at that price. Amazon returns are fantastic if it doesn't work well. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#18]

I have this little 1000w inverter genny and it's one of my favorite little power options and probably gets used the most.  I take it to deer camp to run my heated boot dryer and recharge all my batteries, I take it camping, I've even taken it canoe camping before.  It really sips gas when you put it in efficiency mode.  I love the thing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#19]

I'll give it try at that price. Amazon returns are fantastic if it doesn't work well. Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Nice find. I’ve been looking to pick one up to screw with. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:14:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#20]
Originally Posted By Phiers:
22% Off battery bank. 20$ coupon available on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BMZVHXP3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View Quote

YMMV, but that’s a 240Wh unit.

I have 2 of these Gooloo GTX280 280Wh units, for things like cellphones, and USB powered fans, and powering the Labradar.

Currently $139, and can take a 100w charging input from the wall, 12v car charger (cable is included) or one of my 100w solar panels with USB-C connector/output, AND includes the jumper cables to use as a vehicle jumpstarter (lower peak cranking amps than their Gooloo GT4000 jumppacks).

Amazon Product
  • Compact and Waterproof Portable Power Station: Compact and portable, the external AC outlet makes the host 50% smaller and 30% lighter than other power stations of the same capacity.3 USB Ports + 2 Type C ports+ 1 AC outlet (110V/120W) + 3 DC Output , offering a sufficient and stable Safe power bank for laptops, cameras, Drones, Mini-fridges, phones, tablets and so on. Only one portable charger meets all your charging needs, powering 9 devices simultaneously .

The Gooloo GT4000 currently has a $20 off coupon. $120. I have 2 of these as well, and they’ll easily start a 6.0 V8 with a flat battery (as in not even a solenoid click when turning the key, FLAT). Still hasn’t been cold enough to test the pre-heat feature since I got them in 2022.

My 2 favorite features of this jumppack:
1) the 100w USB-C input/output. My older jumppacks take 4-5+ hours to charge. I deliberately drained this unit to shutoff, to see how fast it charged up. The display actually shows either input current, or current drain when used as a power bank. Confirmed that the 100w wall wart I bought could maintain 97-97watts, and the Toyota’s 120w rated accessory port, maintained ~104-105w, and could charge this thing up in a little over an hour.

2) the display actually shows battery life in %, vs the units that have 4 LEDs, and you don’t know if 2 LEDs means you have about 50% battery life remaining, or 20-ish %. The current draw readout is also handy for seeing how much a connected device is drawing, and estimating how much runtime you’ll have.

*** both Gooloo units have these 2 features.

Amazon Product
  • 100W Max Two-way Fast Charging: Only takes 1.2 hours to fully charge the car battery charger jump starter from 0% to 100%. 5 minutes of charging time are enough to start a car. (100W car charger is included in the package).You can also use your own fast-charging charger to charge this jump starter through the type-c port.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

Just start stuff

www.amazon.com/dp/B09CPXRKLT
View Quote

I have the Noco GB70 and a couple of other "off brand" jump starters that claim to be able to jump 7+L diesel engines.

None will touch a 7.3 Powerstroke with nearly dead batteries. Anyone recommend something that will so I can start watching for a deal on it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#22]

I have the Noco GB70 and a couple of other "off brand" jump starters that claim to be able to jump 7+L diesel engines.

None will touch a 7.3 Powerstroke with nearly dead batteries. Anyone recommend something that will so I can start watching for a deal on it?
View Quote

Are you pushing the bypass button on the GB70?

GB70 should start that engine with no batteries.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

Just start stuff

www.amazon.com/dp/B09CPXRKLT

I haven’t had the opportunity, but other folks with the GT4000 in a previous jumppack thread said their GT4000 did it easily.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By bgenlvtex:

Are you pushing the bypass button on the GB70?

GB70 should start that engine with no batteries.
View Quote

It will crank a low battery 7.3 for about 3 seconds then rapidly drop off. In cold weather less
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:04:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bgenlvtex] [#25]

It will crank a low battery 7.3 for about 3 seconds then rapidly drop off. In cold weather less
View Quote

So you're pushing the bypass button, yes?

If so I'd contact NoCo because something is wrong with it.

ETA: I'm asking that because it seems about 99% of people didn't read the instructions and don't know the (somewhat not obvious) bypass exists. But it exists for exactly this purpose. I'm not accusing you of being dumb, I'm just wondering if you are in that majority of people.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:23:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KillyMcGee] [#26]
Originally Posted By bgenlvtex:

So you're pushing the bypass button, yes?

If so I'd contact NoCo because something is wrong with it.

ETA: I'm asking that because it seems about 99% of people didn't read the instructions and don't know the (somewhat not obvious) bypass exists. But it exists for exactly this purpose. I'm not accusing you of being dumb, I'm just wondering if you are in that majority of people.
View Quote

Yes am hitting (holding 3+ seconds) bypass. Boost pack works great on quite a few other vehicles except diesels. My 1.9 VW TDI it is even worse than on my 7.3 powerstroke. Perhaps I got a dud.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone know of a good deal on a solar generator that is around 500W?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By thederrick106:
Hultafors Hultan hatchet on Varusteleka for $99.99

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/hultafors-hultan-hatchet/66646

According to my limited google research this one usually runs about $150.  Similar Gransfors Bruks run well north of $150.

As of posting this:

I have wanted one this size and style for well over a decade specifically the GB small forest axe but looks like they all run about $200 now.  I have several other axes and hatchets but figured the chances of finding one of these or similar for less than $100 this day in age probably won't happen so why not!  Even Council tool offerings have gone up significantly in the past few years.  The only other Swedish hatchet I own is a Husqvarna which like everything else are always going up in price.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thederrick106:
Hultafors Hultan hatchet on Varusteleka for $99.99

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/hultafors-hultan-hatchet/66646

According to my limited google research this one usually runs about $150.  Similar Gransfors Bruks run well north of $150.

As of posting this:

In stock 29 pcs. Sold 16 pcs in the last two weeks.
This product is unlikely to be restocked and will be hidden from our website once it's out of stock.

I have wanted one this size and style for well over a decade specifically the GB small forest axe but looks like they all run about $200 now.  I have several other axes and hatchets but figured the chances of finding one of these or similar for less than $100 this day in age probably won't happen so why not!  Even Council tool offerings have gone up significantly in the past few years.  The only other Swedish hatchet I own is a Husqvarna which like everything else are always going up in price.

Still some left!  I ended up ordering another one to add to my axe and hatchet collection.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:59:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blackduck769] [#29]
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:
View Quote
Apply the 90 dollar coupon

Amazon Product
  • [Tiny but Mighty] - With a 600W AC inverter, 268Wh LiFePO4 battery pack, and 9 outlets, this power station will keep your essential devices powered on the go or during a home power outage.

Add a portable Renogy 100 watt panel (if needed). Look for discount codes online for Renogy to knock the price down.

https://www.renogy.com/renogy-100w-portable-solar-panel/?Rng_ads=0f65f8eb00fbadd1&kw=&ad=&gr=&ca=16522630312&pl=ga&gclid=CjwKCAiAt5euBhB9EiwAdkXWOzw6f_U7il0Xl1SFa3pNKjrtHGqihQQFCNh6yw030G7bio1dkQy5oxoC6wAQAvD_BwE&r_u_id=9188094281&gad_source=1
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:25:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cacinok] [#30]

View All Quotes

Try a dedicated full size battery pack, like this one. 5000 amps.

Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Originally Posted By Cacinok:
Tractor Supply has Sportsman's generators on sale.
[...]
1000w Inverter  $170

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/sportsman-1000w-inverter-portable-gasoline-generator-gen1000i-1694825

I have this little 1000w inverter genny and it's one of my favorite little power options and probably gets used the most.  I take it to deer camp to run my heated boot dryer and recharge all my batteries, I take it camping, I've even taken it canoe camping before.  It really sips gas when you put it in efficiency mode.  I love the thing.
 Good to know.  I have a 10KW genset, but it's overkill for most of my needs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By migradog:
100W Monocrystalline Solar Panel on sale for $49.99 with free shipping

https://signaturesolar.com/grape-solar-100w-12v-solar-panel/
View Quote

Had couple put away, but this looked too good to pass up so I bought two more!

Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got back from a Target run. Saw they had Lifestraw stuff on clearance, some 50% some 70% off. They also had some Frogg Togg rain suits and rain panchos on clearance. It's that time of year for Target where they clearance off things they're not going to carry any more before the seasonal reset coming in March.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Harbor Freight has a 20% off coupon for all of their Predator generators through 02/18.

https://www.harborfreight.com/generators-engines/generators.html?brand=PREDATOR¤t=1
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

I got a couple last time. I took one out to try with the kids for a weekend breakfast. Wife saw me and said "put that shit away - I'll make you guys creamed beef".

I'll have to wait for societal collapse to try a lot of my preps.

I still might grab a couple more. Very reasonable for the calories.
View Quote

I feel ya, brother! LOL
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:39:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FinanceGuy] [#36]
Possible deal on Royal Oak charcoal at Menards.

The 15.4 lb bags on are sale for $7.99 but the mail in rebate drops the price to $5.00 or .32 per pound - which seems to be a good deal.

Check the 16th page of the Menard's Day Sales Flyer

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:32:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leo31] [#37]
Figured I’d keep this going. I just got 4 #10 cans of the auguson farms milk for $15 each. Second best price was about $22 at Walmart.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009A48I1U?&linkCode=ll1&tag=pd001174829-20&linkId=85b864f125972cce204b572196fb9543&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Sierra Trading Post has a bunch of Mountain House and other freeze dried meals on their site.  Most run $7-9 which is a little less than anywhere else now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:30:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:53:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bikedamon] [#40]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By migradog:
Originally Posted By Tipsovr:
Sierra Trading Post has a bunch of Mountain House and other freeze dried meals on their site.  Most run $7-9 which is a little less than anywhere else now.

https://www.sierra.com/all/camp-food~d~10100/?page=1&overrideSort=LowestPrice

They have Backpacker's Pantry Hatch Chile Mac and Cheese, excellent stuff.  It's usually 8 bucks a single serving and rarely in stock anywhere, so 20% off and in-stock is something.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

They have Backpacker's Pantry Hatch Chile Mac and Cheese, excellent stuff.  It's usually 8 bucks a single serving and rarely in stock anywhere, so 20% off and in-stock is something.
View Quote

I like shopping these meals by considering calories.   That one might be good but is only 450 calories.   Not much more than 2 pop tarts.   But it does have more protein.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blackduck769:
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:
Apply the 90 dollar coupon

www.amazon.com/dp/B09WW3CTF4

Add a portable Renogy 100 watt panel (if needed). Look for discount codes online for Renogy to knock the price down.

https://www.renogy.com/renogy-100w-portable-solar-panel/?Rng_ads=0f65f8eb00fbadd1&kw=&ad=&gr=&ca=16522630312&pl=ga&gclid=CjwKCAiAt5euBhB9EiwAdkXWOzw6f_U7il0Xl1SFa3pNKjrtHGqihQQFCNh6yw030G7bio1dkQy5oxoC6wAQAvD_BwE&r_u_id=9188094281&gad_source=1

I have a Bluetti, and I regret putting money into their pockets. Another Chicom-based company whose H1B Las Vegas office workers simply shove you off to via email if you need help with warranty or price correction issues. Next time I'd rather pony up the extra funds and buy from a domestically based company like Yeti.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Atlantic British has Green Wavians for way less than anyone else right now. Same price that they have had the black ones for sale for, about $50/ea. of course, these “aren’t for gas.” Because they don’t have a federally approved gasoline leaking device, but they sale those also.

They did charge shipping, but no tax. Ended up being $62 ea for 2, which is better than the $90 they go for with free shipping
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:59:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leo31] [#44]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Purchased, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Purchased, thank you.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Global_Cooling:

Same
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Global_Cooling:
Purchased, thank you.

Same

Added some more to the pile, thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I got some of these the last go-round. The spaghetti with meat sauce is pretty good. I've eaten a few of those. One time, I didn't feel like going out when I was on a trip so I just used hot water from the tap. It was really pretty good. Haven't tried the mac and cheese yet.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:49:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Drumbic] [#50]

Ive grabbed several of their 72 hour kits. Spread them out into the cars and such.   You WILL need to add/supplement the kits with additional food (meats etc).   I have tried their potatoes, tasted like any blan boxed potatoes.  In a pinch, something is better than nothing, but they really are not 'complete'.

their shipping was fairly quick.

**ETA Oh damn I see they actually SAY this on their site now. I dont believe this was on their site a good bit ago when I was buying from them.
Page / 22
Survival Forum Deals (Page 20 of 22)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top