Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2017 4:58:12 PM EDT
Anyone has pics of something along those lines, something like Taurus or S&W survival kits. I think Stag arms did an AR kit as well back in 2012.
Just looking for ideas for a little project. I already have a nice explorer case for my M4.
Im thinking of getting another one, maybe small, to use some of the stuff lying all over the place and using it to put together something useful.
Ideas, suggestions, pics, all apreciated.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#1]
some ideas...
Steyr AUG survival kit

Smith & Wesson

Stag Arms Executive Survival kit

Taurus First 24 Survival Kit

Mossberg JIC (just in case) Shotgun Kit
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#2]
if its a survival scenario your rifle sure as hell doesn't need to be in a case.

heavy cases are only good for transport to/from the range in a auto. Any other survival stuff should be on your person.

I would buy a surplus survival vest to keep all that junk in, hang that in a closet
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if its a survival scenario your rifle sure as hell doesn't need to be in a case.

heavy cases are only good for transport to/from the range in a auto. Any other survival stuff should be on your person.

I would buy a surplus survival vest to keep all that junk in, hang that in a closet
View Quote
Old or new trifold medic bag.
Fire,water,shelter etc how you want it into the 3 pouches.
Or
Battle belt with 1-2 saw/ifak pouches with dedicated survival kit.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
These are a couple I'm playing with right now. Got the Explorer case as surplus on ebay, very cheap. Seemed like a shame to buy a soft case when I could get this one.
I still have soft cases for when I want to go lighter.

I have more magazines of course, Pmags and some USGI on the way as well. I'm thinking of maybe putting 5 or 6 in there.

Then I have this shotgun case. Just threw a 20 round belt in there, theres also a tiny LED light, although it should really be mounted on the actual shotgun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't like anything that shouts, "Gun!" to the world.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:16:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't like anything that shouts, "Gun!" to the world.
View Quote
Hard guitar case...slap a Sabbath and metallica sticker on it..few others..bamn... no scream gun...lol..
Local thrift place had an old 70s fender one....but wanted to much for just a case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top