Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2017 7:10:08 PM EDT
Do you pump it back into the house to supply water, or plan on using buckets? If you pump it, what pump do you have?
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do you pump it back into the house to supply water,
View Quote

what? unless it was the eotw that would be dumb
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#2]
just get a drinking water safe hose found in the rv dept of walmart, attach to outside faucet and outlet on hose, attach to a sur-flow pump ( see demand rv pump) attach a second drinking water safe hose to inlet on pump place in pool,  attach 12 volt battery to pump and you have it done.

drinking water hose

rv demand pump

the rv demand pump will only run when the line pressure drops so it supplies pressure for you as you need it  you can attach a pressure tank to this system so the pump run less often also.

alex
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I assume that if I have to resort to using our pool, then the grid has gone down. The pool pump won't be working, and within a few days, the water will start to turn nasty. There is too much water sitting idle in the sun to keep it all clean. My plan is to take out water as needed and treat it. We would probably treat the amount that we expect to use the day before.

Eta: this will be done with buckets. I don't want to use any electricity (free or not) .  I think this would also help us to monitor usage and conserve
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#4]
We had a 5 day power outage a few years ago and used the pool for water to shower and flush toilets with. It was nice to swim also since it was close to 100 that week and we had no AC. I was running the generator 6 to 8 hours each day so I ran the pool pump at the same time. I thought it might be too much for the generator but the pump didn't seem to take much power to run. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top