Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2017 8:15:22 PM EDT
Been thinking about getting a rechargeable chain saw for the BOL.

I'm tired of the hassle of mixing fuel or loading the Honda in the ATV and hauling it and the 120vac saw to the occasional job.

We don't use the saws often and maybe I'm starting to get lazy as I'm growing up...

Anyone have one?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#1]
My two cents, I have a Stihl chainsaw that I haven't used in years. It is gas. I'm sure I could go right now, pull it three or four times and it will fire. With a battery, it will have to be charged, and may be unchargable thus leading to a wild goose chase to find a proprietary battery. I'd rather have a small gas saw.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate all of my gas saws including the new stihl.
I love this thing.
Amazon Product
  • Premium Power of DigiPro brushless motor technology cuts up to 100 cuts on a single charge. Includes 4AH Battery and Charger
  • Compatible with GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Li-Ion System offering a range of tools to choose from
  • Brushless motor delivers up to 30% more torque for the greatest cutting performance

Link Posted: 7/10/2017 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate all of my gas saws including the new stihl.
I love this thing.
www.amazon.com/dp/B00DRBBRU6
View Quote
I also have this saw.  Works great.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting...

Thanks you two...

Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]
With infrequent use outside of extension cord range, gas powered is your best bet for long term bang for the buck.  The one exception would be if you're investing in a battery system that will power several tools that will see more regular use.  Batteries are expensive, and you might only get 3-5 years out of a set even with optimal storage.  Whether that's worth it or not is up to you, but if it were me I'd pick up some premixed TruFuel to store on the shelf (2yr open, 5 yr sealed advertised shelf life) or just find more things to use the chainsaw for and mix up my own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top