Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2016 8:56:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
There is always some on Craig's List around here.  Other than that, there are these guys...

http://www.lexingtoncontainercompany.com/Poly-Drums.html

I have no idea what freight will cost you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a dozen or so around the ranch...water collection, range barricades etc

craigslist and BackPage have been my best result getters
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:38:49 AM EDT
[#3]
got some from a local company that makes salad dressing

over the years, $25 for white 55 gal barrels that contained vinegar,
latest haul were blue barrels that contained canola oil, $10.

important to know the source
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I get all of mine from the local VA for free.  Three rinses with clean water and they are good to go
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#6]
You want to avoid shipping.

We have a container place that manufacturers them (or at least deals in nothing but containers). It's a little more expensive but personally I'd rather have a new barrel. I did get some from a guy that worked at Coke once. They'd been used for Sprite syrup and I never quite could get them clean.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Craigslist.  Also look at 275gal IBC, got two that were syrup containers.  Also picked one up that had top cut off, used as storage for $2 off eBay.  Being used for car washing using a power washer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Your local water treatment plant will probably give them to you. The one near me usually has a couple here and there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From the VA?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get all of mine from the local VA for free.  Three rinses with clean water and they are good to go

From the VA?

The Phoenix va does all the laundry for the Tucson, Phoenix, and Prescott va's.  They have huge machines that they need to put anti sud agent into so the soap doesn't over flow.  The va goes thru a lot of it, and they put the 55 gallon n barrels out for anyone to take.  I've spoken with the industrial hygienist there who says the material data sheets call for three good rinses with water and they are good to go for folding potable water
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There is always some on Craig's List around here.  Other than that, there are these guys...

http://www.lexingtoncontainercompany.com/Poly-Drums.html

I have no idea what freight will cost you.
View Quote

I get mine there in person. They also sell new steel euro jerry cans.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#12]
There is a car wash in town that gives them away just to get rid of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top