Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2016 1:50:32 PM EDT
Has anyone ever tried an XMRE? I saw them online xmremeals.com. I picked up one but haven't tried it yet. I've had regular MRE's but these "claim" to have better taste.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics? Where did you get it? What price?
In for more
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Buddy of mine has started to carry them at his store. I have not had a chance to try them yet.

http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/threads/x-mres-in-stock.215766/

I am sure if you ask him he will answer any questions
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny you should ask.  My hiking/ hunting MRE stash is very low and I just (2 days ago) bought some of the XMRE to try.  Should be delivered tomorrow I think.

The last time I bought any was ~2008.  I did some research last week and it seems there are a number of new MRE companies but most still use ameriqual and wornick for the entrees and sides.  

I'll let you know once I try one out, but I'm curious if anyone else has already choked down.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not 100% sure, but I think my last dozen MRE's were from XMRE. I thought they tasted pretty good, no problems there. I would caution you: if you're used to military MRE's, those have a lot fewer extras in them.

I have not actually tried one yet, but Voodoo Tactical's MRE's look very good. Lot's of nice extras, including a flexpack of water.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
tasting better isn't really much of a stretch. dog turds and bugs would taste better than most mre's.
View Quote

Too bad you haven't tried the old C-Rats.  MREs are delicious compared to "RATS".
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Have not ordered any yet but have been looking into this myself.

https://www.xmremeals.com/
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm always a bit amused by those that bad mouth MREs. Hell, don't buy them and buy canned goods and see if they taste better and last longer!

Freeze dried is the best option if you have the time and heat source to heat water, and have water as well. MREs fit a certain niche in a food plan, but nobody is forcing you to buy them, so tell me how good the 2-7 year old canned stuff is? (stew, chili, spaghetti, etc.)

I've ate 13 year old MREs that tasted fine with no ill effects. They pack pretty good too. Heat pretty easy as well.

So go ahead and piss & moan about MREs, just don't buy them and save us from the whining!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
tasting better isn't really much of a stretch. dog turds and bugs would taste better than most mre's.
View Quote

Wow, you must be a really picky eater.

I bet you don't even like vintage of the MRE wine...
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm always a bit amused by those that bad mouth MREs. Hell, don't buy them and buy canned goods and see if they taste better and last longer!

Freeze dried is the best option if you have the time and heat source to heat water, and have water as well. MREs fit a certain niche in a food plan, but nobody is forcing you to buy them, so tell me how good the 2-7 year old canned stuff is? (stew, chili, spaghetti, etc.)

I've ate 13 year old MREs that tasted fine with no ill effects. They pack pretty good too. Heat pretty easy as well.

So go ahead and piss & moan about MREs, just don't buy them and save us from the whining!
View Quote

Folks just haven't been hungry enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top