Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/26/2015 9:25:10 PM EDT
I am.  This is a lost cause.  Just curious if anyone else is/has considered leaving the US for a more stable life?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]

More stable?

Like in Sweden? Mexico? Greece?

Or we talking Canada?  I hear up there you can get all the Garands you want.

I'm not going anywhere. We have it made here, just have to put up with some random bullshit from this prez just like we did with the Clintons v1.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am.  This is a lost cause.  Just curious if anyone else is/has considered leaving the US for a more stable life?
View Quote

Are there more stable places? Yes
Are there many in which the average arfcom American would feel as comfortable? Nope.

For those that a) want b)can make the move (because money or job allows) there are places in Europe, Australia or Canada where you just might find that something else that you're looking for.
Again, not for everyone, but if you're not doing that great in U.S. there's nothing wrong with trying.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
More stable?

I'm not going anywhere. We have it made here, just have to put up with some random bullshit from this prez just like we did with the Clintons v1.

View Quote

I hope you're right.  I really do not believe it though... there are places with a good quality of life out there.   Just have to look . I have mine already lined up, just curious if anyone else has.  Not saying where though.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Are there many in which the average arfcom American would feel as comfortable? Nope.

For those that a) want b)can make the move (because money or job allows) there are places in Europe, Australia or Canada where you just might find that something else that you're looking for.
Again, not for everyone, but if you're not doing that great in U.S. there's nothing wrong with trying.
FerFAL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FerFAL

Well said my friend.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a chance.  I will continue trying to "wake up" the silent majority.  Most people in this country are still solid, but the vocal libs are pushing their agenda hard. We just need to rally the "real" American people to get pissed off and stop putting up with this garbage.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Why?

Turning your tail and running will not solve your problem
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it is good to have a plan and some money set aside, but you would be better off bugging out to Wyoming, than any other country.

- kinda weak to give up so soon.     It hasn't even gotten bad, Yet.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]
It has crossed my mind. But my relatives arrived here in the early 1700's, for me & my family to bail would be a slap in the face, a utter diservice to their memory. We will not leave, that is what they want you to do.
We will stay and we will endure, just as my ancestors did, and we will prevail as they did.
This is MY country, I'm stayin'.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why?

View Quote

Actually, it will.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It has crossed my mind. But my relatives arrived here in the early 1700's, for me & my family to bail would be a slap in the face, a utter diservice to their memory. We will not leave, that is what they want you to do.
We will stay and we will endure, just as my ancestors did, and we will prevail as they did.
This is MY country, I'm stayin'.
View Quote

:D

Love the resolve.  Just a heads up, no judgement either way.  Just curious.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think it is good to have a plan and some money set aside, but you would be better off bugging out to Wyoming, than any other country.

View Quote

Well I am kind of one of those people that believe when it gets bad enough to leave there will be exit controls on the country.....
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I am a personal believer in the following:

Have a plan;

Have a place to go to just in case;

Have means to get to that place;

Have that place ready to receive you just in case;

Be ready to permanently reside there if necessary.  With or without guns.  

Remember, a trained person does not need a gun, only needs to know where to get one if necessary.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I am planning on it myself. Just got to wait for the right time.

I'm leaving and I'm going to The Republic of Texas.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Be sure to wave to these guys as you pass them going the other way.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Actually, it will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

Actually, it will.

Wanna ask how thats working for Washington, Oregon, and Nevada?

You don't stop a disease by letting it spread
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Germany would be more choice if I decided to go.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I hope you're right.  I really do not believe it though... there are places with a good quality of life out there.   Just have to look . I have mine already lined up, just curious if anyone else has.  Not saying where though.  Sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More stable?

Many, many places in the world are stable because the United States makes the world stable because of our military reach keeping petty thug dictators from trying their shit.

Once the US folds, the world will be a much more dangerous place for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm too old to run.  Gonna stay right here and die fighting, I guess.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#19]
My thought is that as bad as the US might get, the rest of the world would be considerably worse by that time. Besides, this is MY country and I'll be dam**d if I'll let a bunch of screaming communists take it from me. We owe it to our kids not to let that happen under any circumstances.

I do have a plan to re-locate to Texas if it gets really, really bad.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Many, many places in the world are stable because the United States makes the world stable because of our military reach keeping petty thug dictators from trying their shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
More stable?

Precisely!

Few who contemplate 'leaving' are savvy enough to figger this out I bet.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:35:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Be sure to wave to these guys as you pass them going the other way.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/humor/overloadedtruck.jpg
View Quote

Wow!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:39:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Why yes OP. Yes you should leave....
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:39:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I can throw rocks into Canada from my yard...... and I have dual citizenship,,,   sad thing  it's no better there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:52:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Don't let the door hit you in the ass...

Enjoy Somalia or wherever you think is better than here.

The rest of us will have to fight on without you.  Sen Finesteine, Obama & friends thank you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Remember, a trained person does not need a gun, only needs to know where to get one if necessary.
View Quote

First and only other time I heard this was 93. I had the great fortune to share a lunch with Richard Marino in downtown Fort Worth. After the multi hour lunch he announced  he was going to walk around  the block and I took the opportunity to ask him if I could join him. To my surprise he accepted. At one point I asked him a difficult question, with prior permission.

I asked him in light of everything that had happened how did he handle being unable to legally own firearms and he posed a challenge to me. He wagered a bet, I gulped. He challenged me "How long would it take you to return to this spot with any firearm? Do you think you I would be standing right here armed before you returned?" I told him that if I hauled ass I could make round trip home in under 30mins. He responded "I'd win the bet" No surprise to me but I did ask him how he could be so sure? It's my hometown  (chl wasn't legal in TX then & packing in vehicle was subject  to a 'traveling' test) and could go home and back to fetch anything in my inventory. He was seemingly a fish out a water in my backyard.

His answer resonated with me, gave me much insight. He asked, look around, what do you see? I spent several minutes with very naive observations (was 22 and hadn't enlisted yet) and he eventually stopped me and pointed out all the places he could easily obtain a weapon before me. Parking lot full of trucks, bike mounted armed private security (Bass). He convincingly explained how he could obtain a firearm before I could with enough detail I had no doubts. Was an eye opener in many ways.

Yeah yeah, I know..cool story bro. I'll take the hit

I haven't  heard anyone make the same statement since Mr. Marcinko.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:42:28 AM EDT
[#26]
While I would be the first to argue that being ready, willing, and able to set up and function in another country is an extraordinarily useful survival skill, I fail to see the need to play man of mystery. I doubt the country you have chosen to move to will be adversely affected if it becomes known to the internet that screen name 83rdrecon will soon be there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
While I would be the first to argue that being ready, willing, and able to set up and function in another country is an extraordinarily useful survival skill, I fail to see the need to play man of mystery. I doubt the country you have chosen to move to will be adversely affected if it becomes known to the internet that screen name 83rdrecon will soon be there.
View Quote

Shhhhh....he's a "greyman " LOL...

Don't we have these types of threads monthly now LOL

Here's an idea - if you turly think we are sinking ....leave...go now....post back in a few months and educate us all.

Least canoe Guy or whatever tried....
My parents did...
I could.....but wont.

I've worked hard for my lil slice of pie...I plan to enjoy it while I can..

I

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am planning on it myself. Just got to wait for the right time.

I'm leaving and I'm going to The Republic of Texas.
View Quote

I'll drink to that!  We did it and have never been sorry.  Tacked a note on our door when we left = "GONE TO TEXAS!"

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#29]
So where did you go? What did you take in terms of preps? Did you have shelter already lined up? How's the weather?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well I am kind of one of those people that believe when it gets bad enough to leave there will be exit controls on the country.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Usually that's how it ends up working out...

Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

Actually, it will.

Exactly. When things suck very bad in one place, it makes a lot of sense to find somewhere better to be. So yes, it does fix the problem for the individual.

Quoted:

That's a good point. Were are you planning on going? Maybe a bit of talking about it gives you or someone else a new perspective. Personally I'd like ot know what you have in mind.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Snip

FerFAL
View Quote

When one of the most militarily advanced, economically stable countries is tits up, the rest of the world will be too, and it will be worse there

It wont solve a damn thing
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Through the years I have casually looked what it would take to immigrate to various places. Most first would countries seem to be getting stricter on who they let in. For all it's fault the U.S. has quite a bit going for it. fewer firearm restrictions than most countries, lots of land, geographically isolated from most of the world, powerful military, and so on. I would be more inclined to go live off / semi off grid than to leave the country. Or just turn off the TV and radio, I am not saying put your head in the sand, but there is only going to be more stupidity in the world, best not to dwell on it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

When one of the most militarily advanced, economically stable countries is tits up, the rest of the world will be too, and it will be worse there

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

FerFAL

No. Just.. no. The world didnt start with you nor will it end with you. Whenever an empire or great nation went down the rest of the world carried on.
I know it breaks some people's heart to be told this (shit, its like telling kids Santa doesn’t really exist) , but you're not as special as you think you are.
Dont worry though, so far its been a slow, brick by brick deconstruction rather than a collapse, while other world powers gain more strength.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

First and only other time I heard this was 93. I had the great fortune to share a lunch with Richard Marino in downtown Fort Worth. After the multi hour lunch he announced  he was going to walk around  the block and I took the opportunity to ask him if I could join him. To my surprise he accepted. At one point I asked him a difficult question, with prior permission.

I asked him in light of everything that had happened how did he handle being unable to legally own firearms and he posed a challenge to me. He wagered a bet, I gulped. He challenged me "How long would it take you to return to this spot with any firearm? Do you think you I would be standing right here armed before you returned?" I told him that if I hauled ass I could make round trip home in under 30mins. He responded "I'd win the bet" No surprise to me but I did ask him how he could be so sure? It's my hometown  (chl wasn't legal in TX then & packing in vehicle was subject  to a 'traveling' test) and could.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked him in light of everything that had happened how did he handle being unable to legally own firearms and he posed a challenge to me. He wagered a bet, I gulped. He challenged me "How long would it take you to return to this spot with any firearm? Do you think you I would be standing right here armed before you returned?" I told him that if I hauled ass I could make round trip home in under 30mins. He responded "I'd win the bet" No surprise to me but I did ask him how he could be so sure? It's my hometown  (chl wasn't legal in TX then & packing in vehicle was subject  to a 'traveling' test) and could.

I wouldn't trust someone saying that trained or not... at work one day SHTF came up and just about everyone said they had no firearms but said "oh trust me, I will get one". They pretty much meant go and steal one... I don't see someone breaking into a parking lot full of trucks, or breaking into multiple houses lasting very long. If some SHTF did happen everyone's guard will go up, good luck getting a firearm then...
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#35]
protus

I've worked hard for my lil slice of pie...I plan to enjoy it while I can..

I

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

^^There it is^^

Plain and simple, that thought and principle goes back to the 1700's
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Don't let the door hit you in the ass...

Enjoy Somalia or wherever you think is better than here.

The rest of us will have to fight on without you. Sen Finesteine, Obama & friends thank you.
View Quote

Looks like someone hasn't been paying attention to the news regarding demographics.  Unless we find a way to convince blacks and hispanics they are being used as pawns by the left, its over. Period.

I've thought about leaving quite a bit.  If there was somewhere better, I wouldn't hesitate to go, but there's not.   The best hope we have is that this nation has a peaceful split.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No. Just.. no. The world didnt start with you nor will it end with you. Whenever an empire or great nation went down the rest of the world carried on.
I know it breaks some people's heart to be told this (shit, its like telling kids Santa doesn’t really exist) , but you're not as special as you think you are.
Dont worry though, so far its been a slow, brick by brick deconstruction rather than a collapse, while other world powers gain more strength.
FerFAL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

FerFAL

FerFAL

Im curious, name one country that could fill the economic amd military void that would exist if America fell

Just one.

Ill wait
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Im curious, name one country that could fill the economic amd military void that would exist if America fell

Just one.

Ill wait
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

FerFAL

FerFAL

Just one.

Ill wait

A foreign policy of military intervention around the world is not a good thing. Not for America, not for the rest of the world. As for the economy, just like it always happens as an empire declines its place is up for grabs, not by one but all other interested parties. Not only are there well established economies all over the world, with Europe and China probably taking the largest of the lot, you've got rising economies such as South Sudan, Brazil, India. Again, you seem to be under the impression that the world starts and ends with America.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A foreign policy of military intervention around the world is not a good thing. Not for America, not for the rest of the world. As for the economy, just like it always happens as an empire declines its place is up for grabs, not by one but all other interested parties. Not only are there well established economies all over the world, with Europe and China probably taking the largest of the lot, you've got rising economies such as South Sudan, Brazil, India. Again, you seem to be under the impression that the world starts and ends with America.
FerFAL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

FerFAL

FerFAL

Just one.

Ill wait

FerFAL

South Sudan???  

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I have spent significant time on all continents except Antarctica..lived overseas in Australia and Singapore. Every place in the world has it's good and bad.  I have seen how Asia rising is going to eventually eat our lunch if the current trajectory doesn't change...I've seen how Europe sucks to live there (sorry EU friends)...living in a small place with a two burner stove and half refrigerator.

Am I pissed off where we are headed? Damn right, all true Americans should be..that's what makes us great - we get up and get pissed off and do something about it. Am I bailing out of here? No way.

I would suggest to you that you can "leave the US" while not really leaving....would I consider moving to a more remote part of the US and working in the underground economy?  Damn right.  Moving somewhere nobody really cares what you do? Yep, think of it all the time.  But right now I am waiting...waiting to see what happens in the next two years...getting involved in making things better, planning and watching.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

FerFAL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

FerFAL

FerFAL

Just one.

Ill wait

FerFAL

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#42]
MODIFIED QUOTE: Im curious, name one country that could fill the economic amd military void that would exist if "WE" fell.... ENDQUOTE

I'm sure the following states/former empire thought that too:
- Mongol Empire
- Roman Empire
- Austro-Hungarian Empire
- Turks/Ottoman Empire
- Persians
- Egyptians
- Incan Empire
- Aztecs
- Soviet Union
- British Empire
- Spanish Empire
- Dutch Empire
- Greece
- WW I & II Germany and Japan

The point is that geopolitics is a never ending story and to think there is not an eventual end to all, even the greatest nations, is naive.  The only question is when...
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
MODIFIED QUOTE: Im curious, name one country that could fill the economic amd military void that would exist if "WE" fell.... ENDQUOTE

- Mongol Empire
- Roman Empire
- Turks/Ottoman Empire
- Persians
- Egyptians
- Incan Empire
- Aztecs
- Soviet Union
- British Empire
- Spanish Empire
- Dutch Empire
- Greece

The point is that geopolitics is a never ending story and to think there is not an eventual end to all, even the greatest nations, is naive.  The only question is when...
View Quote

Empires can fall, but that does not mean the countries will fall into oblivion. Things are always being reshaped, I don't see the U.S. becoming a third world country, at least not in the upcoming decades.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Empires can fall, but that does not mean the countries will fall into oblivion. Things are always being reshaped, I don't see the U.S. becoming a third world country, at least not in the upcoming decades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Mongol Empire
- Roman Empire
- Turks/Ottoman Empire
- Persians
- Egyptians
- Incan Empire
- Aztecs
- Soviet Union
- British Empire
- Spanish Empire
- Dutch Empire
- Greece

Where is the $$$ going to come from to stop the fall to 3rd world status, for a large % of the population?

In fact, if the US stopped the insane deficit spending, we're already there.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
South Sudan???

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FerFAL

Just one.

Ill wait

FerFAL

South Sudan???

For the longest time, everyone has treated this guy's word as gospel.  He can NEVER be wrong.   Let me now tell you all "I told you so".
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Where is the $$$ going to come from to stop the fall to 3rd world status, for a large % of the population?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Mongol Empire
- Roman Empire
- Turks/Ottoman Empire
- Persians
- Egyptians
- Incan Empire
- Aztecs
- Soviet Union
- British Empire
- Spanish Empire
- Dutch Empire
- Greece

It's just my opinion, nothing more.

How many first world countries in the past two hundred years have fallen to third world status?

Many countries have gone through depressions, wars, etc and are still here.

I'm not any sort of go 'merica we can do no wrong optimist. I see rougher times ahead, I guess just not as rough as some people see.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

FerFAL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

FerFAL

FerFAL

With the current push to integrate as many countries economy's as possible, if one collapses, will there not be reciprocal repercussions with the other economies? For example, China's economy is tied to buying America's debt. If the US economy fails, what happens to China's economy?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FerFAL

Not sure why you react like a retard. I was trying to kindly explain what you should already know. The truth is that China is already the largest economy in the world, not USA. Let me check through the window.. nope, the world didnt end.
Quoted:

A lot of U.S. already looks like a third world country. I dont see U.S. becoming an actual third world country, but I do see it becoming (as it has been doing in the last decade) into a third world version of its former self.

Quoted:

With the current push to integrate as many countries economy's as possible, if one collapses, will there not be reciprocal repercussions with the other economies? For example, China's economy is tied to buying America's debt. If the US economy fails, what happens to China's economy?

China is more than capable of standing on its own. If anything there's a balance by which when one economy suffers, the other gets stronger and take advantage of the oportunity created, which is a very natural and organic situation that happens all the time in the business world just like it does in nature. You see this all the time with Currency Fluctuations. This idea that because USA took a step back the world will somehow implode is pretty stupid.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Hispanics are not all brown. Many are blue eyed and blond.

Blacks are not all "Nigerian black" - and American blacks are mixing with Latinos, asians and whites like never before so in 100 years its likely that "african americans" will be 'diluted' considerably more than they already are.

CULTURE is what's important (always has been, always will be except for 88's who are socialist losers). It's culture that made Rome and makes America. It's culture that I want around me not merely skin color. Whites have been fighting a war among ourselves for well over 1,000 years.... it's not our common skin color that saves us but a common culture, built on common language and values.

All things being equal, so long as my neighbors basically share my culture, I'm good to go, no matter where I am on earth.

So.....where might I flee with my family to if all goes to crap in CONUS? Mexico, Costa Rica, or the islands. But it would be tough to settle down and hide if the US' collapse includes a robust IRS/gestapo that reaches out to fisk every expat and keep tabs on our whereabouts..... still, surrounded by people of a common faith and language (I speak spanish), I could do it and have lived or visited many places south of the border and have friends scattered about.

I think we all would do well to take a page from the Jews and make as many international friends and networks as we can afford because you never know when knowing "a buddy" can save you or your childrens' lives.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not sure why you react like a retard. I was trying to kindly explain what you should already know. The truth is that China is already the largest economy in the world, not USA. Let me check through the window.. nope, the world didnt end.

A lot of U.S. already looks like a third world country. I dont see U.S. becoming an actual third world country, but I do see it becoming (as it has been doing in the last decade) into a third world version of its former self.

China is more than capable of standing on its own. If anything there's a balance by which when one economy suffers, the other gets stronger and take advantage of the oportunity created, which is a very natural and organic situation that happens all the time in the business world just like it does in nature. You see this all the time with Currency Fluctuations. This idea that because USA took a step back the world will somehow implode is pretty stupid.
FerFAL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FerFAL

Quoted:

Quoted:

FerFAL

Actually, no China is not. We are the destination for more than 60% of everything they make, even considering the ghost towns they build as make-work. They <used> to buy our debt with the dollars we were sending them. Now, they buy oil, gold, and commodities like copper and the like. We export a lot of raw materials to them to turn into products which come back to us as finished goods. Further, China settles its energy acquisitions in dollars, because that's what the oil exporting nations want to use. So, if we implode for whatever reason, China becomes a very large third world nation (again). To make the claim that China's economy is larger than the US is laughable since all of the money for the development of their economy has and continues to come from the US.

We do have a "global" economy to the extent that the US has been the economic engine that has driven that global economy since WWII. The extent to which foreign nations are dependent on a strong US both financially and militarily is staggering, a load which has become increasingly burdensome. But make no mistake, the US <IS> the global economy, not just a part of it. If we implode, virtually every other country in the world will be even worse off than us.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top