Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
This is awesome, thank you OP and US Carburetion. I have an EU3000is that I have wanted a kit for , for some time and this deal finds the sweet spot.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've read good things about US Carburetion propane kits on these boards.
I'm taking a shot.

The other one I know of is Propane Carbs
View Quote

I have one from them that I slapped on a champion that I got from cabelas.  Propane only, as I could not easily attach natural gas in my location (max length of hose is 12 feet because ng is so low pressure).

Haven't run it, other than to test it, and it was great...

Any idea how these kits compare?

Edit:  I had posted this before I noticed that a rep had joined us.

Hello, I can vouch that you guys are great, and your customer service was really helpful when I called to order it a couple of years ago (right after hurricane sandy), thank you.  

I haven't checked the link yet, going to see the diff between what I got back then and motor snorkel...

Thanks again!

Edit 2:  Aaahh, does this keep you from having to cut the cage tubing?  If so: Niiiice.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have two EU2000i gens.

I currently have the following in my cart:

2x Tri-Fuel Conversion Kits
SKU: MSK3103

2x Tank Connection Kit - 6 ft.
SKU: NPSK6

2x Quick Disconnect Kit
SKU: QDC38

1x Tachometer
SKU: TACH

Is this everything I need, except for the gas valve that you are going to ask your tech about?  Or anything that won't work together?

Thanks.

(No problem reaching the $199.00 free shipping limit....

View Quote

That ought to do it for you.  I think I saw your order  come through while I was at my kids' soccer game.  Let me know if you need any more help.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
According to the pics of the universal kit, there is no hose to get to the propane tank. What other parts\supplies are needed for full propane operation?
View Quote

The only other thing that you have to have is a regulator and hose to connect to your propane tank. Our NPSK-6 or NPSK-12 will take care of that for you.  The only difference is that the NPSK-6 has a 6 foot hose and the NPSK-12 has a 12 foot hose.  Some people choose to buy quick disconnects which allows you to disconnect from the fuel source without having to turn the threads.  A lot of people choose to buy the engine tachometer (SKU TACH) as well so that they can really fine tune the performance of their generator.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This has been a back-burner project for a while, just placed an order for two tri fuel kits and hose kits.  Thanks to OP for posting and to US Carb for the support in this thread.
View Quote

You're welcome.  We are very thankful for your interest in our product and our company.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have one from them that I slapped on a champion that I got from cabelas.  Propane only, as I could not easily attach natural gas in my location (max length of hose is 12 feet because ng is so low pressure).

Hello, I can vouch that you guys are great, and your customer service was really helpful when I called to order it a couple of years ago (right after hurricane sandy), thank you.  

I haven't checked the link yet, going to see the diff between what I got back then and motor snorkel...

Thanks again!

Edit 2:  Aaahh, does this keep you from having to cut the cage tubing?  If so: Niiiice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've read good things about US Carburetion propane kits on these boards.
I'm taking a shot.

The other one I know of is Propane Carbs

Thanks again!

Hi KeepShooting.  Yes, the innovation of Motor Snorkel is that you do not have to cut the metal tube frame of your generator.  That's why people around the world are considering the older style adapter kits obsolete and choosing the easy installation of Motor Snorkel.  And with the Motor Snorkel lifetime replacement warranty, you never have to worry about a thing!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to the OP and to US carb for starting and participating in this thread.
I just ordered a kit for my EU6500i.
It appears that in addition to the kit I will need a supply hose that has a pressure regulator incorporated in it. Would the standard BBQ style regulator suffice? What pressure is the regulator supposed to supply?
Does anyone out there have a EU6500i that has some experience on run time per lb. when on propane?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Any info on the EM6500SX?  One of my gennys is a Honda EM6500SX, I see listed on the site models for the EM6500S OR the EM6500X BUT NOT a EM6500SX. Are these units compatible with the EM6500SX?

Thanks in advance, want to get the right one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Still curious if they have proprietary fittings to attach say a propane tank or if I can pick this up at a hardware store.... I didn't add them to my order and don't want to pay double shipping to do another order
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Still curious if they have proprietary fittings to attach say a propane tank or if I can pick this up at a hardware store.... I didn't add them to my order and don't want to pay double shipping to do another order
View Quote

I'm in the same boat.  I ordered Friday and didn't even think about the connection hose.  I just checked my Buddy heater hose
and it lacks a regulator.  I think I'll try and call Monday in the AM and add one onto my order.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a 3/4" MIP fitting into the demand regulator (the regulator is 3/4"FIP), easy to find.
Everything upstream from that is standard propane parts.
You can find hoses and regulators locally almost anywhere.
Their hose kits provide one stop shopping if you want.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#13]
tag on this
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#15]
USCarburetion

If I wanted to add a set of quick disconnects to the NPSK-12 hose kit, to disconnect at the kit regulator, which ones would I use?

Looks like all of the QDs are female threaded on both sides, so I'd need a male/male adapter for the hose end.

Is that correct?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hi 0612Devil.  Here is the kit that you need.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey, apologies as I'm on the road and using the mobile site.  Do you guys have a dedicated kit for the Yamaha ef3000is?

Thanks

Hi 0612Devil.  Here is the kit that you need.

Awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a Blackmax from Sam's club with the Honda GX370 engine with the U.S. carb kit. I couldn't be happier with it. I'm thinking of picking one up for my eU200i too.

Ordered the wrong one at first (check you choke location) but U.S. carb hooked me up.  Great company.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can send us your order number at [email protected] and reference the additional accessories that you are desiring and I will make sure that they are added to the order so that you don't have to pay additional shipping.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm in the same boat.  I ordered Friday and didn't even think about the connection hose.  I just checked my Buddy heater hose
and it lacks a regulator.  I think I'll try and call Monday in the AM and add one onto my order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Send me your order number and I can modify the order for you to get the accessories that you need at no additional cost.  [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I have to go to my shed tomorrow to get the info off my genny then I am ordering one too!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have to go to my shed tomorrow to get the info off my genny then I am ordering one too!
View Quote

If you can find a copy of the owner's manual for your generator online, it'll probably also list the model numbers for the generator and engine.

Those are the only two bits of info you need to place an order.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a couple of generators but always run them on gasoline.  What do i need to do besides buy these kits in order to feed natural gas to a generator?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a couple of generators but always run them on gasoline.  What do i need to do besides buy these kits in order to feed natural gas to a generator?
View Quote

A hose

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

A hose

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A hose

So I can just run this off my dryers gas  feed?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#25]
I did not see a answer To the question I asked a night or two back. A kit for the EU3000IS? Tri-fuel is what I need I assume? I have 6 grill tanks and 2 30's and 2-100's. Is the sale off now? I was not sure what to order.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A hose

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A hose

Hi VoodooChile - Desert_AIP is correct, all you need is a hose!!  It's just a little bit more tricky than that though.  It's important that you don't "starve" your appliances from the fuel that you need.  The factors to consider are the size of your natural gas piping, how far away from the meter your generator will be,the horsepower of your generator and the amount of electricity required by the items that you will most likely want to power with the generator.  Years ago we created  a guide to help people select the correct length of hose.  Our custom hoses on motorsnorkel.com also have a calculator app at the bottom of the page to help you check if the hose that you are considering purchasing is sufficient. Here is an example (note that this is an example and you must make sure that you choose the correct width hose for your specific application before purchasing).

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does the optional tachometer also display run hours?  If not, do you offer an hour meter kit, with installation instructions?

Haven't heard back, but did some looking on Amazon.  The Tach the Carb folks offer looks identical to a Yamaha unit on amazon--similar price.  The Yamaha tach unit displays revs when running, and hours when the motor is off, apparently.  There are other features to remind user of oil change intervals.  I bought one from the Carb folks, along with a kit for my genny and a 12' hose/regulator for propane tanks.
View Quote

Yes, our Tachometer kit will show you tach and hours.  You can toggle between them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I did not see a answer To the question I asked a night or two back. A kit for the EU3000IS? Tri-fuel is what I need I assume? I have 6 grill tanks and 2 30's and 2-100's. Is the sale off now? I was not sure what to order.
View Quote

Hello zoe17.  Sorry I missed your question.  The sale runs until midnight tonight so you still have plenty of time to place your order.  Your generator has a Honda GX200 engine so This is the kit that you need.

Don't forget to provide the Generator brand, engine model and engine brand with your order so that our technicians in our shipping department can double check before they send it, but we sell kits for that engine every day so you are in good shape.

You also will need a connection hose/regulator kit to connect to propane.  We have a 6' kit here and 12' kits here ready to be shipped with your order.  Some people also like to get our 3/8 quick disconnect set for propane and our engine tachometer.  The quick disconnect makes it so that you don't have to use a wrench to disconnect your generator when you want to take it somewhere and the engine tach helps you fine tune your generator's fuel blend/performance using the trim screw on our regulator.

Thanks for your interest in our product.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#29]
We have been getting some messages about remote start.  Remote start is possible IF YOU HAVE AN ELECTRIC START GENERATOR.  It works with a key fob just like the lock/unlock of your car.  The idea is that if you have a generator in a shed connected to propane or natural gas, then you can simply press the key fob in the event of a power outage and your generator will begin operating.  No trip out in the cold and dark to get the generator going.  It's great!!!  You can find it here.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#30]
I just want to say that US Carburetion has done a great job assisting us in selecting kits and accessories, without being prompted or invited to do so, in support of a great sale and on a weekend to boot.

Thanks US Carburetion, I placed my order yesterday and look forward to getting it installed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I just want to say that US Carburetion has done a great job assisting us in selecting kits and accessories, without being prompted or invited to do so, in support of a great sale and on a weekend to boot.

Thanks US Carburetion, I placed my order yesterday and look forward to getting it installed.
View Quote

We're happy to do it.  Our owner has really created a culture of "customer first" and we pride ourselves as a company on 100% customer satisfaction.  Thank you for your business and your interest in US Carburetion. We are available at [email protected] to assist with any questions you have with installation.  Our customer service ticketing system ensures that every request gets answered.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
USCarburetion

If I wanted to add a set of quick disconnects to the NPSK-12 hose kit, to disconnect at the kit regulator, which ones would I use?

Looks like all of the QDs are female threaded on both sides, so I'd need a male/male adapter for the hose end.

Is that correct?
View Quote

Reposting this question from the previous page, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hi VoodooChile - Desert_AIP is correct, all you need is a hose!!  It's just a little bit more tricky than that though.  It's important that you don't "starve" your appliances from the fuel that you need.  The factors to consider are the size of your natural gas piping, how far away from the meter your generator will be,the horsepower of your generator and the amount of electricity required by the items that you will most likely want to power with the generator.  Years ago we created  a guide to help people select the correct length of hose.  Our custom hoses on motorsnorkel.com also have a calculator app at the bottom of the page to help you check if the hose that you are considering purchasing is sufficient. Here is an example (note that this is an example and you must make sure that you choose the correct width hose for your specific application before purchasing).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A hose

OK I'll check out the info thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
USCarburetion

Is that correct?

Desert_AIP- Sorry I missed this one.  The hose that is provided with the NPSK-12 is a 3/8" hose, so you'd need this set of Quick Disconnects.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#35]
oops
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You can send us your order number at [email protected] and reference the additional accessories that you are desiring and I will make sure that they are added to the order so that you don't have to pay additional shipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried to do this, but the email bounced back as undeliverable.  Is there another email to try?

Trying to add an NPSK-12 to order #100003758

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Just added a hose, tach, and quick disconnect to get free shipping.

Great deal!  Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#38]
I am trying to figure out which specific kit to order. I have a Briggs and Stratton 5550 running, 8550 starting watts with a 10hp OHV engine on it. Nowhere on the dang thing did I see a model number or an engine model number. Is there either an easy way to find the kit to get on the web site or some magic method to find the name plate with the model and engine model on it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Excellent deal, just ordered a setup for both Honda's EU2000i. Thanks USCarburetion and thanks to OP for the post.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I am trying to figure out which specific kit to order. I have a Briggs and Stratton 5550 running, 8550 starting watts with a 10hp OHV engine on it. Nowhere on the dang thing did I see a model number or an engine model number. Is there either an easy way to find the kit to get on the web site or some magic method to find the name plate with the model and engine model on it?
View Quote
Is it the Brute generator?

If it is, it is the big brother to my generator. The engine Serial Number on mine is on a sticker on the recoil start housing. Also, look on the casting of the block on the electrical panel side. That will have the engine model/serial number stamped in. On the back side of the electrical panel on the recoil start side, there is a sticker with the generator model number.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks OP, btw. Wallet got a little lighter.

Wife just said to me: "So, you spent $100 to save $100?" lol
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thanks OP, btw. Wallet got a little lighter.

Wife just said to me: "So, you spent $100 to save $100?" lol
View Quote

Yep. And I spent another $110 to save $12 shipping.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I tried to do this, but the email bounced back as undeliverable.  Is there another email to try?

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Sorry - the email address is [email protected]

We have a bunch of domains and sometimes I get confused.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Order placed for a tri-fuel kit for my EU3000iS as well as a hose, quick-disco, and tach.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Well another product I didn't know I needed when I woke up this morning....order placed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#49]
OP help lighten my wallet.  I have been looking at these for about a year now and this price helped seal the deal.  Also thanks for the information from the company's representative.  You made ordering much easier; especially with your links to various accessories.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Went ahead and got a tri fuel for my champion. Time to un box and get it running 3 years after purchase (a $200 shipped arf deal) now I guess!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top