Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 2:38:55 PM EDT
Searched and didn't get any results so I thought I would give a heads-up. I've used Aquatic Pharmacy in the past and was always happy with their service and products; unfortunately, I went to their web site today and they are shut down. Their eBay store also has no listings. The following message is displayed on their site:  Restructuring to comply with FDA laws AquaticPharmacy.com

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Holy cow, that is just strange. My bookmarked link has been giving me the same message for the last 3-4 weeks (that's when I first noticed it), so I tried eBay and found they dropped all their listings there as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm. So I wonder if they are open or not? Guess I'll email them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hmmm. So I wonder if they are open or not? Guess I'll email them.
View Quote

Nothing works - can't even click on the add to cart buttons. If you click on the AquaticPharmacy.com logo at the top of the page it displays the same message I posted above. The wording in their FAQs has been changed as well so I suspect the .gov is raising hell with them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#5]
That sucks! I was about to order some stuff for my fishies.

Any other good sites?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]
But my poor fish
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#7]
aquabiotics.net / aquabiotics.us for his info.

My fish have had good luck with this guy, he's also on ebay. I also like that unless specified, everything comes in the sealed foil packs and he only buys from countries friendly to us.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#8]
To:  

We are closed.
All listing were removed.
We're in the process of restructuring to comply with rules and regulations.

Thank You
Aquatic Pharmacy
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

To:  

We are closed.

All listing were removed.

We're in the process of restructuring to comply with rules and regulations.

Thank You

Aquatic Pharmacy
View Quote
Do they plan on reopening any time soon?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My fish have had good luck with this guy, he's also on ebay. I also like that unless specified, everything comes in the sealed foil packs and he only buys from countries friendly to us.

View Quote

I have had the same experience, have ordered a couple of times, he is GTG.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Try super happy thriving fish?
http://www.shtfsource.com/pages/frontpage
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I went to check on my order after seeing that my credit card was refunded.  There's word on other sites saying that the FDA is cracking down hard on the "fish antibiotics", many are now offline.

looks like the time to stock up on them is now about gone.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I just saw a story on the news about the .gov cracking down on FedEx for delivering theses "questionable" drugs.

The .gov was talking as though fedex was a big time drug trafficker.  And was threatening charges.

FedEx said it asked for a list of illegal businesses and the .gov refused to provide it to them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can anyone verify that these are at least the same caliber as Aquatic Pharmacy's?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I just checked Thomas Labs and they are still selling them:http://www.thomaslabs.com/category/64-fish-antibiotics.aspx

Good luck,
Nurse Amy
www.doomandbloom.net
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Can anyone verify that these are at least the same caliber as Aquatic Pharmacy's?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paging Rich_V
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just checked Thomas Labs and they are still selling them:http://www.thomaslabs.com/category/64-fish-antibiotics.aspx

Good luck,
Nurse Amy
www.doomandbloom.net
View Quote

Thanks for the link. It appears that anyone concerned about their fish should stock up now, before the .gov mandates visits to the vet for ailing fish.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just saw a story on the news about the .gov cracking down on FedEx for delivering theses "questionable" drugs.

The .gov was talking as though fedex was a big time drug trafficker.  And was threatening charges.

FedEx said it asked for a list of illegal businesses and the .gov refused to provide it to them.
View Quote

SOP for the bastards. Even if no law is broken, they know they can bankrupt individuals and smaller companies by prosecuting them, even if no law has been broken, and there will be no repercussion whatsoever.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Good luck,
Nurse Amy
www.doomandbloom.net
View Quote

Tks, just ordered a few items.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Paging Rich_V
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paging Rich_V

Sorry but I have no experience with that supplier. I have looked at Thomas Labs ABx for fish and they did check out OK.
I'd stay away from the powder packs, stick with the caps/tablet forms.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

SOP for the bastards. Even if no law is broken, they know they can bankrupt individuals and smaller companies by prosecuting them, even if no law has been broken, and there will be no repercussion whatsoever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silly FedEx...They didn't give enough money to Obama's PAC
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Good luck,
Nurse Amy
www.doomandbloom.net
View Quote

Thank you Nurse Amy. Do you have a link to you or your husband's material on recomendations of what to order...for our fishes?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:11:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Good luck,
Nurse Amy
www.doomandbloom.net
View Quote

I see that Camp Survival is still listing their bird and fish meds. They also mention Thomas Labs.
Camp Survival
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Anybody know who carries azithromycin for my little fishies
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anybody know who carries azithromycin for my little fishies
View Quote

250mg or 500mg capsules
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I have to wonder if the .gov is cracking down on all companies that sell fish antibiotics or just Aquatic Pharmacy? Perhaps Aquatic Pharmacy's labeling wasn't up to par.

Has anyone run across or heard of other such companies that have had recent dealings with an alphabet agency?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Try super happy thriving fish?
http://www.shtfsource.com/pages/frontpage
View Quote

LOL, that's awesome!  $$ a little higher than some others.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow. aquabiotics.net just deep sixed. He also pulled all his ebay listings.

Something is afoot.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Something is afoot.

View Quote

Link

Wonder if it has anything to do with the Fed going after FedEx for shipping drugs?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Link

Wonder if it has anything to do with the Fed going after FedEx for shipping drugs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something is afoot.

Link

Next they will go after the individual sellers on ebay and CL.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:41:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Geesh, what is going on?

Glad I have a gallon bag full of ABs for my fish in my freezer..
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Link

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something is afoot.

Link

I think the actions are probably related in general (as in an overall crackdown), but I always received my fish antibiotics from Aquatic Pharmacy via USPS.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:48:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Good luck,
Nurse Amy
www.doomandbloom.net
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I searched for the changed/changing FDA guidelines that have affected the two sites and have come up with

antibiotic use in food animals
Guidance for Industry #213
FDA announces antibiotic reduction plan

In the two minute review of these links it looks like we might still be able to help our fish using over the counter antibiotics, but with me being the ever-present optimist I think it's a foot in the door for something larger.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I searched for the changed/changing FDA guidelines that have affected the two sites and have come up with

antibiotic use in food animals
Guidance for Industry #213
FDA announces antibiotic reduction plan

In the two minute review of these links it looks like we might still be able to help our fish using over the counter antibiotics, but with me being the ever-present optimist I think it's a foot in the door for something larger.

Any thoughts?
View Quote

These appear to be targeted toward food producing animals not pets. If I were to venture a guess I think the issue with aquatic ABx sales involves the sale of prescription versions of ABx (exact same pills as used in humans). This was a big selling point for AquaticPharmacy and was probably what got the attention of the FDA.
Just a guess on my part.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#36]
The site now says "Restructuring to comply with FDA laws".

Looks like they will be back?
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The site now says "Restructuring to comply with FDA laws".

Looks like they will be back?
View Quote

It has actually been displaying that message since I first noticed they were shut down. I hope they return also, but I'm not holding my breath since the .gov is involved.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I found the FDA's Strategy on Antimicrobial Resistance - Questions and Answers and the general jist is that they are trying to remove antibiotics from our food supply.

I find #4 particularly interesting and it reads in part:

"4. What types of drugs are the focus of FDA’s strategy?

This action focuses on antimicrobial drugs that are:

“Medically important” drugs* (i.e., important for treating human disease);
   Currently FDA-approved to be used for production purposes, such as to enhance growth or improve feed efficiency;
   Available over-the-counter; and
   Used in feed or drinking water of food-producing animals."

I suspect the FDA will become heavy handed as is they way of the alphabet agencies as of late and close down these companies, but what do I know ...

Also Camping Survival is having a free shipping sale on their antibiotics if anybody's fish are feeling ill. They stock Thomas Labs antibiotics which are gtg.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:30:41 AM EDT
[#39]
aquabiotics.net website is back.

Not sure what happened there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
aquabiotics.net website is back.

Not sure what happened there.
View Quote

Me either, but they are up and filling orders. Back on eBay too.

Looks like prices have gone up some from most vendors, but plenty still selling on eBay.

May be a warning shot across the bow, wouldn't hurt to evaluate your supply and top off methinks, don't want the fish to suffer if the SHTF.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Me either, but they are up and filling orders. Back on eBay too.

Looks like prices have gone up some from most vendors, but plenty still selling on eBay.

May be a warning shot across the bow, wouldn't hurt to evaluate your supply and top off methinks, don't want the fish to suffer if the SHTF.
View Quote

That's what my wife and I just did and we also evaluated our immediate family's supplies for their fish. We found some areas lacking and corrected for them while we still could.

Also worth mentioning is having some extra space in your fridge to make sure that these last well beyond their expiration date.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm looking at stocking up on a few.  What's the general consensus on the erythromycin powders?  They appear to be erythromycin phosphate.  Safe or not?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm looking at stocking up on a few.  What's the general consensus on the erythromycin powders?  They appear to be erythromycin phosphate.  Safe or not?
View Quote

google for knowledge

Wiki

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#44]
What are the common fish meds that are popular to stock up on? Dannertrax
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't know about everyone else but my wife's Dr. prescribes Cephalexin to her for Bronchitis. The dog's vet gives him Cehalexin for hot spots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top