Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2014 9:34:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:18:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Typical hollywood flick, strong white men bad, minorities, women, and girly hipster men good. No thanks!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
from the trailer the protagonist seems like a poon...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Poon I could use heavy words about this movie

Heck where are them moroder at  to help these guys out

Please don't make watch this :(
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link doesnt work
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#6]
iirc this is the 2nd prepper movie i have tried to watch recently.

once again NO guns to defend oneself   couldnt finish it
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#7]
No links are working and all the links in the comments are just spam and ads.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL at the the outrage by the table of liberal douches when the black guy pulls out the shitty old pistol "you brought a loaded gun into my home!!!!" I'll pass on this, but thanks for sharing OP.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:31:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Fast forward a bit on the Youtube link.

That message in the beginning is just to get you to click on the spam links.  There is some type of movie there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That message in the beginning is just to get you to click on the spam links.  There is some type of movie there.
View Quote

Nah just all still shots from the movie
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are other 4 or 5 other people who posted it on youtube, try the others, worked for me
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:10:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Pajama Boy owns a house??????
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#13]
think this one works... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCWsRk10Ei4
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

think this one works... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCWsRk10Ei4
View Quote
Just saw it on my PS3 with this link, not bad.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#15]
This movie may be the worst prepper SHTF movie ever made. I watched it with my wife and we both felt it was a total waste of money and time.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone just in case you give it an open minded viewing, but it boils down to the moral lesson of we can all get through a SHTF if we just work together, not be greedy, and share with others. There is no need for violence.

It's horrible.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:51:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:00:12 AM EDT
[#17]
" You brought a loaded gun into my house " ?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:19:25 AM EDT
[#18]
koombya my lord, koombya

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:26:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Watched it. Moral of the story buy a gun or things can go to hell real fast.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:38:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

More like, get a gun and get a set of balls to use it.

What really puzzles me is how someone can scrounge up the resources to produce an indy movie, and yet its such a terrible piece if crap, it doesn't sell and stays at the bottom. How can someone be so fucking stupid? How can someone waste their time on such a poor venue? Did the producers on this movie actually think they would be successfully targeting us preppers?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:52:55 AM EDT
[#22]
What a steaming pile full of fail.

Its TETOWAKI so why don't we get high, drunk and completely disregard our personal security while the whole world crumbles.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What really puzzles me is how someone can scrounge up the resources to produce an indy movie, and yet its such a terrible piece if crap, it doesn't sell and stays at the bottom. How can someone be so fucking stupid? How can someone waste their time on such a poor venue? Did the producers on this movie actually think they would be successfully targeting us preppers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kirby, you are right on point. I went to the Facebook page for the movie and the producers or whoever is responsible for the site gets really defensive to any criticism at all. I don't know who they thought their market was. The producers and backers of this film project must have a total misunderstanding of human nature and just how barbaric man is at the core. I am almost finished with the book "War Before Civilization" which presents a historical perspective that man (with few exceptions) has always practiced some type of warfare, preying on his weaker neighbors or making preemptive strikes on stronger neighbors as a means of self defense. The premise that in a TEOTWAKI everyone is going to have  "kumbaya" feelings is utter nonsense and ignores the physics of history.

The movie is correct about the acquisition of food, water, energy supplies (solar), and medical, but just totally gets wrong the requirement for self defense and even the need for communications.

From the money side of this, I have to believe it will be an abject failure. The irony is that a project like this could have been a huge success. Undoubtedly the producers truly see mankind as moral and good at his core. When the end comes, this worldview is going to get them killed or enslaved.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Also opsec. Show a strange chick too much and the second you dont want to rail her good shes railing a gi joe thats hanging out with meth cooks and comes back to jack your stuff.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Typical hollywood flick, strong white men bad, minorities, women, and girly hipster men good. No thanks!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This movie may be the worst prepper SHTF movie ever made. I watched it with my wife and we both felt it was a total waste of money and time.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone just in case you give it an open minded viewing, but it boils down to the moral lesson of we can all get through a SHTF if we just work together, not be greedy, and share with others. There is no need for violence.

It's horrible.
View Quote

That's the theme of a lot of fiction BS stories as well.

Jericho was of that flavor also.

You know "community community community!" Cries for this normally come from the selfish assholes with nothing to bring to the "community."

Liberalism is rampant.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What a steaming streaming pile full of fail.

View Quote

...at least the link worked.     After watching about half I couldn't take any more.

ETA: I tackled it again, and I still had to shut it off at the 2/3 point.   I just wanted to yell at the characters for being so stupid and self centered....  maybe that's kids these days.  By comparison to some truly epic hunker down and survive stories from WWII  -- these characters are all a bunch of whiners.  Maybe that's the object lesson.   I'll try again later.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Finished watching it tonight.  I thought it was well acted but completely full of shit with the portrayal of conflict resolution and absence of self defense options.  Oddly, the story line did keep my interest -- it was just a fabrication of some liberal hippy pacifist.   Kind of like The Big Chill meets any generic SHTF movie.  It's watchable.  Just don't expect it to be a primer on post apocalyptic survival.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#29]
watched it this AM, speeding up a bit through some of the soap opera/love triangle parts.  movie was fairly well acted, & the cinematography/setting was eye candy.  there ended the positive aspects of the movie.  

as others have mentioned, the "firearms are icky" aspect reeks of ideology over reality.  you can tell the producers/directors have little experience w/ violence, given both the lack of importance placed on security (no guns, the entire crew living drunk & high during the early part of the collapse while being mired in normality bias) & the actual portrayal of violence & its end consequences on the individual on the receiving end of said violence.

aside from possibly the guy who owned the house, there were no likeable characters.  and even the man of the house chose poorly, in his choice for mother of his child & his inability to properly secure his family, given his aversion to said icky guns.

the movie reeked of narcissism & self-centeredness, the shining example of which is below

***spoiler**
so, two of the characters in the house actually caused the collapse?  one was a minority hacker, & the other a female MIT-trained math whiz & hacker?  i would posit that minority & female genius math whiz hackers are a fairly rare breed, yet there they were, at the center of it all.

***end spoiler

the love triangles were lame, the new loves that sparked up in the house were unconvincing, & the end was similarly unconvincing.  there was much more there that detracted/distracted.

big swing & a miss, which is typical of Hollywood tripe.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I too give it a 1 star for a SHTF movie.

The back drop made my 4th gen Cali self go back for visit (moved away for a reason!) but that was about it.

Let's get totally zoned out man and not think about the end of the world dude....err - let's drink all bottles of beer we have left tonight!!!

I kept waiting for somebody to crack the 'National Guard' bozos in the back of the head..... but no didn't happen - can't we all just get along dribble
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I too give it a 1 star for a SHTF movie.

The back drop made my 4th gen Cali self go back for visit (moved away for a reason!) but that was about it.

Let's get totally zoned out man and not think about the end of the world dude....err - let's drink all bottles of beer we have left tonight!!!

I kept waiting for somebody to crack the 'National Guard' bozos in the back of the head..... but no didn't happen - can't we all just get along dribble
View Quote

agreed 100, except i gave it 1.5 stars b/c of the scenery.

but as for the rest: navel-gazing horseshittery.  those "National Guard" guys needed more SSS, & then have a survival garden planted over them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#32]
uh, this is a comedy/drama, maybe not to be compared with, say, World War Z?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What a steaming pile full of fail.

Its TETOWAKI so why don't we get high, drunk and completely disregard our personal security while the whole world crumbles.

View Quote

I bet that's not too far removed from reality. I'm sure lots of folks will be partying  TETOWAKI...

Hell I've known people to throw parties when hurricanes are coming...

ETA: Just watched it.... Meh!  It was a movie..... But Caroline Dhavernas on the other hand.

Love to be in a SHTF movie with her.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:55:09 AM EDT
[#34]
No.

For those of you that haven't lived in weed-growing areas in the Pacific Northwest...I promise you that nobody who is that set up for self-sustainment is unarmed.  I promise you.

Nobody that goes to the lengths he did (and I'm loving his DC fridge) fails to provide for security.  Especially weed growers.

Poor attempt at a SHTF featuring "preppers" by someone who didn't really get the message from whoever gave him the five minute rundown on prepping.

Not one likeable character.

Natty Goo soldier: "I'mma rough you guys up some, then walk away so you can plan against me."

No.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I just finished it.  Not to terribly bad.  Sure the lack of defensive measures was troubling, but everything else was alright.  It was actually a little refreshing to watch a survival movie with out the main character wearing a plate carrier and shooting people in the head without talking to them.

Lastly, the idea of getting the community together was what we should be striving to achieve.  Not hiding in a hole not interacting with anyone when the power goes out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
and I'm loving his DC fridge)

View Quote

agreed on both points above.

the fridge was the most sympathetic character in the movie. when the main character talks about it, & how sweet the specs were, i was immediately wanting one.  any chance this thing exists in real life?
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:34:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

the fridge was the most sympathetic character in the movie. when the main character talks about it, & how sweet the specs were, i was immediately wanting one.  any chance this thing exists in real life?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and I'm loving his DC fridge)

Not as shown.  WAY too much loss of thermal efficiency with a glass door.  I'm guessing that was somebody's modified wine chiller.

DC freezers and refrigerators are not that bad in price.  It's the power generation that gets most people.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 4:12:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Jeez that was bad acting, bad story line , and just bad all around.

Fail
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top