Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2011 7:50:40 PM EDT
I I just received my ICW boots from This company it took some time for them to get to me do to the snow out east but Quartermasters Supply was not only friendly  but treated me more like a friend then just someone who was buying something from them! Hell they tossed in two pair of FREE socks because the weather sucked!! To me that is just crazy! Anyway I wanted to give Kudos to a company that has gone above and beyond the call of duty to start this off with!

I know there has been other reviews of this type of boots before yet  one thing I have found in the other reviews that I do not have in mine is the booties! ILbob gave a good review on these boots that made me go out and buy a pair. So when I received them and found that they had no booties in them it made me think! Maybe ILbob bought an older style of ICW boots? Anyway I wanted to give my review on these boots.

First off I bought them used in excellent condition and as advertised they were! Only a few minor scuffs nothing a little time with some polish will not take care of! Bought for $45 extra $30 you can get them new! For me going for the used paid off! It took 10 mins to make these boots shine. Right now as said I have only had them for less than 24 hours.
I took them outside today the temp was 19 degs wind was blowing not that hard. I spent about an hour or so outside in these boots I was wearing white cotton socks feet never felt cold at all. They are heavy boots reminds me of the Danner military boots I was issued!  The only problem I have found so far was taking out the insoles that I had placed in the boot it really ruffled up the insulation that was sew in the boot but it was fine after I placed my foot in it.
Ya right now my review is weak!! I hope by the end March I can tell how these boots work in weather in ND where it gets to -30 degs!

Keep on my A$$ about this if anyone is really wanting to know about these boots as they will be my EDB until they cannot hold up to the land!

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#1]
how is the fit are they tru to size? i have bought other boots
and found they often are not sized right
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
how is the fit are they tru to size? i have bought other boots
and found they often are not sized right

They are true to size on my feet. I'm a little worried when I pull out the smartwool heavy socks and how they will feel but I'll soon find that out.

So Today it was 30 degs wind from the north around 5 to 10 MPH we just got 2 inches of snow and had some outdoor work to do! Set up this time was ICW boots smartwool lightweight socks. Fit was great as it was with the cotton socks I shoveled some snow cleaned up the yard a little rotated my tires and found out how to use my tire chains only after having them for about 6 years. Also took care of what would have been a major problem if I ever needed my spare tire I'll post about that one. So I was outside from about 10am to 2pm feet never got cold or hot in the boots at the time it was the only part of my body that was warm because I had been working on the truck and my pants and shirt had gotten wet. So far I'm happy with the boots . I might have to try them with just cotton socks on one time as the temp is going to get down to 14 degs this week. Also after I took the boots off my smartwool socks where dry to me that is a good thing. Also the inside of the boot was also dry . Still wanting to try them in the harsh ND weather!! Just have 23 more days until then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top