Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2015 10:48:58 AM EDT
Headed to the St. Augustine FL area around the end of May,  Anybody got any recommendations for a fly fishing experience down there?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#1]
No but if you want to have a great lunch,  go to Columbia...
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Osteens. Order the fried shrimp. You owe me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Call my buddy Rich Santos.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to Osteens. Order the fried shrimp. You owe me.
View Quote

And take cash. They don't take plastic.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Headed to the St. Augustine FL area around the end of May,  Anybody got any recommendations for a fly fishing experience down there?
View Quote

There is a park north of the city, I don't remember what is called, but there is a place called guano lake, and you can park off guana road. There is a big parking lot.  On the north end of the lot it's really flat,  and there are lots of reds and croakers. Can be fun just to catch them.  Try small steamers, or crab and shrimp flies
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I've seen people throwing nets and perhaps a spin rod or something before but I've never seen anyone fly fishing. The only time I've fly fished out there is from the yak to get back into the finger creeks.

It's the Guana River State Park and it's north of St. A off A1A.

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gtm/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top