Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2015 1:28:14 AM EDT
Even though I don’t really post reports anymore, I still fish frequently. I will not bore you with tales of getting skunked steelheading and breaking my spey rod. Instead I will share with all of you my trip last weekend which consisted of two different types of fishing. We decided to start the day at a lake with a little float tube action. We managed to get out on the water pretty early in the morning. It was fairly cold with breezy conditions when we first arrived.

This day kick trolling something in the olive or brown variety with intermediate sink lines was the ticket. The fish were plenty feisty. This was the typical result for our efforts:

While we were enjoying the fishing, Mother Nature decided to change our enjoyment of this lake. The nice cool breezy conditions gave way to 25-30 MPH wind. This wind changed the lake to one with nice white caps. Now when we first got there, we had the foresight to park along the side of the lake that the wind was blowing towards. We simply let the wind blow us back to shore where the truck was parked. Sitting on the shore, it was decided to give it a few to see what would happen. The wind decided to stay so we decided to check out some other places.

The second spot was only about an hour away. It was a river that dumped into a reservoir that we have only fished a couple of times before. Now of the three of us, only two of us brought our wading boots. I told my buddy he could use my hiking boots if he wanted as they have vibram soles. Granted it wasn’t ideal but in a pinch it was better than nothing. Luckily my hiking boots are size 13, the exact size that he wears for his wading boots. The only issue was that they were the only shoes I brought besides my wading boots. Oh well, can’t leave one guy behind, besides they would dry.

We geared up and headed to the water. At first it was a bit slow, then things picked up nicely. We spent the day each catching quite a few little guys in the 15-17 inch range.

A cropped image from the photo above

It started getting dark so we decided to call it. Overall, even though we got blown off the lake, it was a pretty fun day. Having a backup place didn’t suck either.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful pictures, Help a fellow resident out, give me the name of the lake, I'm still learning places to fish.

If it's a secret, im me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beautiful pictures, Help a fellow resident out, give me the name of the lake, I'm still learning places to fish.

If it's a secret, im me.
View Quote

Sure no problem as they are by no means secret places. The lake was Mountain view reservoir in Duck Valley.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top