Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2014 5:27:39 PM EDT
Getting all set up for the family and have yet to conquer this problem....thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Just in for ideas...
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Ain't gonna happen. Just ain't gonna happen.....
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
lol....  

the answer is: eat it.

but immediate fillet and insulated dry ice would work.....that's how they do organ theft...jk
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
If you figure it out, let me know  Also, +1 on eating them where you catch them.  Mmmm...

I often fish in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness Area in the Cascades East of Seattle.  If I'm lucky, there's snow near the lake I can use to keep the fish cool on the hike out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
On shorter trips of <3 days, I gut my fish (keeping the head on), put them in freezer zip locks, then put that bag into a mesh bag which I put back into the lake, river, etc. to keep them cold. However, depending on the fishing, I usually plan to harvest fish on the last day so I don't have to worry too much about keeping them cool for a long period of time. It all depends on how long your trip is both in terms of days/miles. Keeping fish you catch on a backpacking trip just may not work out in every case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top